HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

View Poll Results: Would you do the trade?
Do the deal 12 24.00%
Not interested 22 44.00%
Hold out for more 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
  #776
DenverHabsFan
Registered User
 
DenverHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs have finally hired people that can take the place of Sammy Pollock and lead the Habs back to hallowed ground.Buckle up and get ready for the ride it promises to be a doozy.
Let's hope so. I could have also said the same thing about Kaberle. There's a market for him as well. Just have to find the right dance partner.

With PG, it seems we were limited to trading with Stars, Preds, etc... I fully expect that to change.

DenverHabsFan is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
  #777
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Kaberle is tradeable. I don't think he'll play with the Habs next year, altough it's probably more positive thinking than anything.

bcv is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:08 PM
  #778
Teamwork
Registered User
 
Teamwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
To

Tomas Plekanec & 3rd round pick

To

Bobby Ryan & a 2nd round pick

- Draft Galchenkyuk

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Ryan
Moen - Eller - Gionta
Geoffrion - White - Schultz
Pacioretty on the same line as Ryan would be a force..

Teamwork is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
  #779
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Let's hope so. I could have also said the same thing about Kaberle. There's a market for him as well. Just have to find the right dance partner.

With PG, it seems we were limited to trading with Stars, Preds, etc... I fully expect that to change.
The best time to move Kaberle will be after the top UFA d-men are off the board. Lots of teams are looking to add d-men and there will only be a limited amount of good ones on the UFA market.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:54 PM
  #780
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
I would trade our 1st pick for a guy like Bobby Ryan or Jordan Staal without any hesitation.

habitue* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
  #781
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
To

Tomas Plekanec & 3rd round pick

To

Bobby Ryan & a 2nd round pick

- Draft Galchenkyuk

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Ryan
Moen - Eller - Gionta
Geoffrion - White - Schultz
It would cost the Habs more than that. Ryan IMO is a better player than Pleky and on top of that the Habs are getting the better pick, doubt the Ducks have any interest in that deal

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:08 PM
  #782
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,893
vCash: 500
What would the Ducks do with Plekanec anyways? Don't they have Peter Holland to be the 2nd line center of the future? They could get way better value for Ryan.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:24 PM
  #783
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It would cost the Habs more than that. Ryan IMO is a better player than Pleky and on top of that the Habs are getting the better pick, doubt the Ducks have any interest in that deal
On what do you base that Ryan is a better player?

Right now I'd say Plekanec is better. More complete player and is usually the driver on his line versus Ryan who is a good player but depends on Perry and Getzlaf. I'm sure if we had Perry and Selanne for Plekanec to play with he'd be at 70-75 points every year.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
  #784
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
On what do you base that Ryan is a better player?

Right now I'd say Plekanec is better. More complete player and is usually the driver on his line versus Ryan who is a good player but depends on Perry and Getzlaf. I'm sure if we had Perry and Selanne for Plekanec to play with he'd be at 70-75 points every year.
Ryan doesn't even play with those 2 and played on a line with Koivu for your info. He has also picked up 4 consecutive 30+ goal seasons something which Plekanec as never accomplished

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
  #785
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
What's the price on Yannick Weber? With Suter, Gill, and Boullion all possibly on their way out, we need some depth.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
  #786
pine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,188
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
What's the price on Yannick Weber? With Suter, Gill, and Boullion all possibly on their way out, we need some depth.
The Weber equivalent but as a young forward.

pine is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
  #787
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
The Weber equivalent but as a young forward.
I don't get to watch Weber much. What about Matt Halischuk? Nick Spaling?

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 06:01 PM
  #788
Habsfanatical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Ryan doesn't even play with those 2 and played on a line with Koivu for your info. He has also picked up 4 consecutive 30+ goal seasons something which Plekanec as never accomplished
I'd say Ryan is the scorer and Plekanec is the playmaker and if a playmaker scores 30 goals in a season, it should just be considered icing on the cake.

Habsfanatical is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
  #789
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,579
vCash: 500
How about Adrian Aucoin? UFA in 12-13..

I would sign him up for 1 year, just one.

vokiel is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 06:43 PM
  #790
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I don't get to watch Weber much. What about Matt Halischuk? Nick Spaling?
I'd have to consider it. When i say consider it means probably would do it. Not sure who I'd rather have though. I'd let someone who knows them better choose.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 06:56 PM
  #791
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'd have to consider it. When i say consider it means probably would do it. Not sure who I'd rather have though. I'd let someone who knows them better choose.
They're very similar players. Just depends on whether you want a center or a winger. I'd say Hali has a slight offensive edge, Spaling a slight defensive. Hali plays winger, Spaling center. Otherwise, they're clones.

If Radulov says he wants to come back to Montreal (dating back to his juniors days), any interest in his RFA rights?

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:12 PM
  #792
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
They're very similar players. Just depends on whether you want a center or a winger. I'd say Hali has a slight offensive edge, Spaling a slight defensive. Hali plays winger, Spaling center. Otherwise, they're clones.

If Radulov says he wants to come back to Montreal (dating back to his juniors days), any interest in his RFA rights?
Not too much. I'd rather something like

Taylor Beck + Nick Oliver
for
Weber + a pick

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
  #793
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Not too much. I'd rather something like

Taylor Beck + Nick Oliver
for
Weber + a pick
I dont know enough about Beck or Weber to say yes or no to that one. Beck was our #2 prospect heading into the year, but his production took a nosedive. I'm curious to see if he can turn it around.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:48 PM
  #794
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I dont know enough about Beck or Weber to say yes or no to that one. Beck was our #2 prospect heading into the year, but his production took a nosedive. I'm curious to see if he can turn it around.
he's been passed over a bit, kinda like Weber, but each would get a fair shot if moved. MTL would give Beck a fair chance at the NHL next season (in a 3rd linr role...he has competition though) and Weber could make Nashville's blueline sound like a bad 80's buddy PI show....Weber and Weber

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:59 PM
  #795
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I dont know enough about Beck or Weber to say yes or no to that one. Beck was our #2 prospect heading into the year, but his production took a nosedive. I'm curious to see if he can turn it around.
How high do Preds' fans value Gabriel Bourque? (honest question here)

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:07 PM
  #796
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
How high do Preds' fans value Gabriel Bourque? (honest question here)
Especially with the uncertainty surrounding Radulov, AK, and SK, Bourque is available only for a serious overpayment. Trotz loves him, he's great defensively, works hard, and pitches in on offense. He's essentially playing in our top 6 right now. I wouldnt use the word untouchable, but it'd take a lot.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
  #797
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
They're very similar players. Just depends on whether you want a center or a winger. I'd say Hali has a slight offensive edge, Spaling a slight defensive. Hali plays winger, Spaling center. Otherwise, they're clones.

If Radulov says he wants to come back to Montreal (dating back to his juniors days), any interest in his RFA rights?
Absolutely

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
  #798
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Especially with the uncertainty surrounding Radulov, AK, and SK, Bourque is available only for a serious overpayment. Trotz loves him, he's great defensively, works hard, and pitches in on offense. He's essentially playing in our top 6 right now. I wouldnt use the word untouchable, but it'd take a lot.
Who did you guys rate higher earlier this year, Geoffrion or Bourque?

Bourque would be nice and as you say I think the Preds management love him as well. We had our chance, I guess instead of Geoffrion and your 2nd, we could have probably asked for Bourque back in February

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
  #799
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Who did you guys rate higher earlier this year, Geoffrion or Bourque?

Bourque would be nice and as you say I think the Preds management love him as well. We had our chance, I guess instead of Geoffrion and your 2nd, we could have probably asked for Bourque back in February
Bourque by a mile and a half. Geoffrion was a projected grinding center that maybe had 3rd line potential, max. Bourque is already playing in our top 6, and doing it well.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
  #800
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Bourque by a mile and a half. Geoffrion was a projected grinding center that maybe had 3rd line potential, max. Bourque is already playing in our top 6, and doing it well.
Cool. In that case you ain't going to give him up for Weber that's for sure. A 3rd 4th rounder would even do it for Yannick

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.