HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin to EDM in the off-season

Old
02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Kulemin to EDM in the off-season

Wondering if Leaf fans think he could be had, and for what. If the current standings held up we'd be picking 2nd which (despite our need for a Dman and a draft history that avoids Russians) we'd really be better served going BPA and that's Grigorenko. With Khabby being our only current Ruskie, I think it wouldn't hurt to have another fellow countryman (closer to his age) to help the transition.

Does Kulemin have a good attitude? Is he part of the Leafs long-term plans?

Could picks and prospects get it done?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Koto

so basically you want him because we are going to draft grig and we need a russian buddy for him? really?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
trentmccleary

The Leafs are way too small amongst their top-3 lines to lose any size.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
so basically you want him because we are going to draft grig and we need a russian buddy for him? really?
This.

Seriously..

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Kuli is definitely part of the leafs long term plans and has a great attitude. He's generally considered to be one of our hardest-working players as well.

I can't see picks and prospects getting it done though; doubt burke wants to become a seller at this point.

Mansfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
MildlyAwesome
Rational Leaf Fan

Quote:
They can be BFFs.

Edmonton Off-Season:

1) BFF For Grigs
2) Defenseman

Notes: Make sure to tell everyone to be really nice to Grigs

On a serious note, Kulemin, despite his poor season, is in the Leafs long term plans unless we can package him for a better player. We aren't looking to go for prospect + pick for him. He's a solid 2 way player.

MildlyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
zeus3007*

Do not want. Not that he isn't a very good player, but he's a lw and I don't want to experiment with him on the right wing. We have Hall, Smyth and Pajaarvi as wingers who need top six time (Smyth will be back, we all know it). So as good as Kulemin is, bringing him in would likely mean stunting Pajaarvi's growth with another year on the 4th line. No thanks to that.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Yep. Only the buddy factor. I could care less that he plays more physical than anybody currently in our top 6, put up 30 goals last year, and is still young (thus a good fit for the long-term plans). Imagine the chemistry Grigorenko could develop with Paajarvi as he continually feeds him streaking down the wing only to see a wrister from the top of the circle aimed directly at the goalies crest.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

As a Habs fan I think he'll be with the Leafs for maybe another year or two.

I expect he'll end up being a throw-in part of a package deal, worth maybe an early 20's 1st round pick. Worth more than a 2nd round pick but not a top 15 pick in the first round.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Kuli is definitely part of the leafs long term plans and has a great attitude. He's generally considered to be one of our hardest-working players as well.

I can't see picks and prospects getting it done though; doubt burke wants to become a seller at this point.

good the leafs want him--i don't

Now that he is off of the Kessel main line--while he is getting assists-he is not scoring. Looking beyond the main stats--I see lots of holes on is play and he would be a 3rd liner quickly getting little 2nd line action(Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Gagner and MPS are the 5 guys who have bigger upside them this guy)--

but this idea will upset leaf fanas--kully has gone MIA too much for my liking

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post

Well, I did say it would take place in the off-season. What about Gagner for Kulemin? Both are RFA's, Gagner possesses more upside (IMO) while Kulemin has the more complete game.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post

Now that he is off of the Kessel main line--while he is getting assists-he is not scoring. Looking beyond the main stats--I see lots of holes on is play and he would be a 3rd liner quickly getting little 2nd line action(Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Gagner and MPS are the 5 guys who have bigger upside them this guy)--

He hasn't been on Kessel's line since 2010. He had his 30 goal season playing with Grabovski and MacArthur.

Explain these holes that you see in his play.

Terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:44 PM
IBLeaf*

Leafs aren't rebuilding. Definitely aren't going to talk to a bottom feeder with no assets that are available for Kulemin.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Do not want. Not that he isn't a very good player, but he's a lw and I don't want to experiment with him on the right wing. We have Hall, Smyth and Pajaarvi as wingers who need top six time (Smyth will be back, we all know it). So as good as Kulemin is, bringing him in would likely mean stunting Pajaarvi's growth with another year on the 4th line. No thanks to that.
Pretty sure he plays as much if not more on RW as on LW. At least that's where he was when he got 30 goals last year.

Paajarvi would probably be going the other way if it happened.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Leafs aren't rebuilding. Definitely aren't going to talk to a bottom feeder with no assets that are available for Kulemin.
Maybe you should

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
I'd like to give Kulemin another year to regain form.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Yep. Only the buddy factor. I could care less that he plays more physical than anybody currently in our top 6, put up 30 goals last year, and is still young (thus a good fit for the long-term plans). Imagine the chemistry Grigorenko could develop with Paajarvi as he continually feeds him streaking down the wing only to see a wrister from the top of the circle aimed directly at the goalies crest.
if hes this good, what makes you think we could get him cheaply.

and if he would require alot were better off using assets for a Dman.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Pyromaniac3

The only way I can see Kulemin to Edmonton is if one of the top 3 or the first pick (if it's picking 1st or 2nd overall) is coming to us.

Pyromaniac3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
I dont think any player is untouchable but the Leafs arent looking to sell low on Kulimin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
He plays both wings equally well.

Quote:

Now that he is off of the Kessel main line--while he is getting assists-he is not scoring.
He scored 30 goals playing on a different line from Kessel.

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:58 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
The only way I can see Kulemin to Edmonton is if one of the top 3 or the first pick (if it's picking 1st or 2nd overall) is coming to us.
Joke or accidental humor?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
oilers92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
really you think edm will give up what could be elite talent for a good 2 way player

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:03 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Joke or accidental humor?
Do you think Kulemin will be traded for picks and prospects? We aren't a bottom feeder.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:05 PM
thalegion

I think he meant in a package, like Kulemin and Schenn for 2nd Overall kind of thing, don't think I'd do that though.

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:

Lol. He hasn't played with Kessel in over 2 years. Just shows that maybe people should learn things about a player before commenting. Just makes you look stupid.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I dont think any player is untouchable but the Leafs arent looking to sell low on Kulimin.

He plays both wings equally well.

He scored 30 goals playing on a different line from Kessel.
Then I'd love to have him. I'd expect the price is pretty high though, and I don't think the Oilers pay a high price in trade for a winger. A top pair defenseman or second line center, sure, but we're pretty set at wing.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote