HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin to EDM in the off-season

Old
02-19-2012, 05:19 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Wondering if Leaf fans think he could be had, and for what. If the current standings held up we'd be picking 2nd which (despite our need for a Dman and a draft history that avoids Russians) we'd really be better served going BPA and that's Grigorenko. With Khabby being our only current Ruskie, I think it wouldn't hurt to have another fellow countryman (closer to his age) to help the transition.

Does Kulemin have a good attitude? Is he part of the Leafs long-term plans?

Could picks and prospects get it done?
Is he part of the Leafs long term plans? yes.

Could picks and prospects get it done? no.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Kuli isnt being traded. Too valuable to our team, regardless of the offensive black hole hes become. Take him out of our top 6 and we are the Montreal Canadiens.

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:23 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Joke or accidental humor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
really you think edm will give up what could be elite talent for a good 2 way player
What is meant by this is that the Leafs are not interested in anything else on Edmonton. Obviously we'd have to add to acquire any, but only what has been mention will fill a need for Toronto and entice them enough to make the deal.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
The only way I can see Kulemin to Edmonton is if one of the top 3 or the first pick (if it's picking 1st or 2nd overall) is coming to us.
Did you wake up this morning and say "Today is the perfect day to start huffing paint!"????

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

For the Leafs, his value is measured in quality roster players, not futures. I'm not sure that makes the teams a great trade fit.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
oilers92

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
What is meant by this is that the Leafs are not interested in anything else on Edmonton. Obviously we'd have to add to acquire any, but only what has been mention will fill a need for Toronto and entice them enough to make the deal.
should have mentioned they would have had to add instead of stating only the big three will do, even if you add though i still dont think edm would consider trading one of the young guys

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:29 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
should have mentioned they would have had to add instead of stating only the big three will do, even if you add though i still dont think edm would consider trading one of the young guys
Nor should they, which is why they are bad trading partners. But can we have Eberle pleaseeeeeee!

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
He hasn't been on Kessel's line since 2010. He had his 30 goal season playing with Grabovski and MacArthur.

Explain these holes that you see in his play.
It's "TheStig" you are quoting, nuff said

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:36 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Do not want. Not that he isn't a very good player, but he's a lw and I don't want to experiment with him on the right wing. We have Hall, Smyth and Pajaarvi as wingers who need top six time (Smyth will be back, we all know it). So as good as Kulemin is, bringing him in would likely mean stunting Pajaarvi's growth with another year on the 4th line. No thanks to that.
Kulemin's been on RW for the past two seasons.

He plays both sides very effectively though.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

I would like to see Kulie in Edmonton he works the boards very well something the team lacks , and his two way play is good for anyteam he is having a dip in offensive play this season but still a very good player imo.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
I would like to see Kulie in Edmonton he works the boards very well something the team lacks , and his two way play is good for anyteam he is having a dip in offensive play this season but still a very good player imo.
Please humour me as to what EDM would be giving up.

I don't see any way Kulemin goes to EDM.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
asian mailman

Tor: 1st

Edm: Kulemin, 1st,3rd

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Do you think Kulemin will be traded for picks and prospects? We aren't a bottom feeder.
you honestly think Kulemin is worth a top five pick?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian mailman View Post
Tor: 1st

Edm: Kulemin, 1st,3rd
Best proposal I've ever seen. Oilers should probably add Hall and RNH too though.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
you honestly think Kulemin is worth a top five pick?
I find it hilarious that he has so much value, yet if you go to another thread on this board discussing his contract value, Leaf fans are saying he's worth 2-3 million at most. Yet, nothing on the Oilers besides Hall, RNH or our top 5 pick is worth the mighty Kulemin.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:23 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

If the oilers are drafting Grigorenko and not a defenseman, they might as well just keep their picks instead of wasting it on Kulemin because they'll be a lottery team again next year.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
I find it hilarious that he has so much value, yet if you go to another thread on this board discussing his contract value, Leaf fans are saying he's worth 2-3 million at most. Yet, nothing on the Oilers besides Hall, RNH or our top 5 pick is worth the mighty Kulemin.
Objectively... based on the season he's had, he's in no position to bargain for more than his current contract... and that's exactly why he's so valuable to the Leafs. He could rebound next year for less than $2.5m, and is Toronto's only forward with any sort of size.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:26 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Cmon dude have you not read the countless leaf fans saying their is no reason to sell Kulemin at his lowest value? He's the only winger we have in our top six that actually board plays well, and he also has some size and can hit. Hes a great PKer too. No way Toronto would be looking for picks and prospects, when we are in a win now mode.

But I know how this thread is going to go:
Leaf Fans: No sense in trading Kulemin at his lowest value, only way we will trade him is in a package for one of the top 3, or your 1st.

EDM fans: LOL'z you want the big 3? FUUUUUUUUUUU

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
If the oilers are drafting Grigorenko and not a defenseman, they might as well just keep their picks instead of wasting it on Kulemin because they'll be a lottery team again next year.
If you really think the choice between Grigorenko and Ryan Murray is going to be the deciding factor of whether or not the Oilers are going to be a lottery team, than I think you're placing a little bit too much of importance on an 18 year old defense man.
How is the impact of Murray on this team going to be any different than Grigorenko's impact on the team in their rookie seasons?

Old
02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Objectively... based on the season he's had, he's in no position to bargain for more than his current contract... and that's exactly why he's so valuable to the Leafs. He could rebound next year for less than $2.5m, and is Toronto's only forward with any sort of size.
Or he could continue to play at the level he's been playing at all year and therefore not have any significant value by trade? Can you tell me why that's such a long shot? I think that's a little more likely.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:31 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
If you really think the choice between Grigorenko and Ryan Murray is going to be the deciding factor of whether or not the Oilers are going to be a lottery team, than I think you're placing a little bit too much of importance on an 18 year old defense man.
How is the impact of Murray on this team going to be any different than Grigorenko's impact on the team in their rookie seasons?
Yeah you're right. I should've said the next few years instead of next year.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
Cmon dude have you not read the countless leaf fans saying their is no reason to sell Kulemin at his lowest value? He's the only winger we have in our top six that actually board plays well, and he also has some size and can hit. Hes a great PKer too. No way Toronto would be looking for picks and prospects, when we are in a win now mode.
Yeah, no reason to trade a player when he's at his lowest value, I understand that. But what I don't understand is how he has more value than players like Gagner, Smid, Whitney, or Hemsky.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:33 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Or he could continue to play at the level he's been playing at all year and therefore not have any significant value by trade? Can you tell me why that's such a long shot? I think that's a little more likely.
Yeah he could -- we'll happily take that risk because we need wingers with size.

Quote:
Yeah, no reason to trade a player when he's at his lowest value, I understand that. But what I don't understand is how he has more value than players like Gagner, Smid, Whitney, or Hemsky.
Simple.

Gagner -- Would be the team's 4th best centre, and is paid too much for that role. No reason to play him over Bozak/Connolly/Grabo.

Smid -- Would be another 5/6 defenceman who makes more money than we need to spend on the position with guys like Gardiner/Franson/Schenn.

Whitney -- Again, big contract and we've got plenty of defencemen.

Hemsky -- Old, oft-injured, undersized playmaking winger. Might as well play Kadri.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Is he part of the Leafs long term plans? yes.

Could picks and prospects get it done? no.
I'm loathe to ask questions as a Penguins fan, because I know the black hole where our conversations tend to go (so, let's not even go there, because we've all gone round and round on that one for two years). By the same token, I'll spare you the Kennedy + Tangradi or Tangradi + 2nd horse**** and just ask:

Is a 1st straight up for Kulemin something that could get it done? Or a 1st + Tangradi? Or Beau Bennett (who, unlike Tangradi, is a blue chip playmaking sniper prospect who is supposed to go pro after this second college season)?

Or, is it players? Kunitz? A defenseman (thinking Michalek) for your second pair?

Or, is Kulemin only going as part of a package for an upgrade?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bberard34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
As a Habs fan I think he'll be with the Leafs for maybe another year or two.

I expect he'll end up being a throw-in part of a package deal, worth maybe an early 20's 1st round pick. Worth more than a 2nd round pick but not a top 15 pick in the first round.
Did you notice everyone ignored your ridiculous comment? I'm sure you've become accustomed to that though.

bberard34 is offline   Reply With Quote