HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin to EDM in the off-season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2012, 07:13 PM
  #76
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
There's a reason that the players I mentioned would not agree to a contract anywhere close to that number. It's because they have much more worth than that. I honestly have no clue how you're going to be able to argue that.
The fact that they wouldn't agree to a contract close to $2.35m is what makes them less valuable to a team like Toronto than Kulemin.

Again, we're talking about VALUE, not contribution... as in what is in the Leafs best interest and who would be MOST VALUABLE to them. Kulemin would be more valuable than those guys because he fills a position of need at a low cap hit.

I'm really not sure what you're even trying to argue here. It's been made perfectly clear that Kulemin is more valuable to Toronto than those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Good stuff. Just two things as a FYI:

1. I'm not sure that his next deal will be that easy. His performance last year is 5M caliber in terms of how arbitrators look at it. His performance this year is 2M caliber. I'm not sure he'd say 'let's do another year or two at what I'm making now'. Personally, I see 2 yrs, 6M on the low end being the number if it went to arbitration.

2. Your point about a GM believing in Kulemin is what I asked about the 1st. I know Burke loves his 1st round picks. If one of the annual deadline deal attempts comes to fruition this time (Nash, Carter, Statsny caliber), then that guy will be in Kulemin's place on the second line and likely would cost a 1st as part of the return. I'm sure you can just slot Kulemin to L3, or in that case would recouping the 1st be more valuable to Burke?
1. There's no reason not to sign the qualifier. Recency always takes precedence, and Kulemin isn't going to want to sacrifice future earning power while Burke isn't going to want to pay a premium for a guy who may have been a flop.

2. Based on his track record, it doesn't seem like Burke has a particular affinity for first round picks... and while one of the potential big deals would probably require a first, the Leafs have Grabovski who could garner that, and MacArthur who it may make more sense to move as the cap / roster spot casualty.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:14 PM
  #77
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
True that, however, can you tell me, how could a player ever have one, really good year right? As of right now, if you look at Kulemin's career, last year looks more like the abberation than this year looking like his off-year.
I guess when you look solely at the stat sheet, that's what it looks like. But I watched him all year last year, and it wasn't lucky bounces, or puck weren't bouncing off his head into the net. He was working hard in the corners, bringing pucks to the net, and also he had a lethal wrister from the slot.
Quote:
Neither of us know this, neither of us know what is going to happen with his career. What do know from his stat line he had one great year, followed by a drastic fall from those numbers. The numbers he's putting up this year mirror quite closely to his first few years in the league. I'd say that's more telling to his actual value than to one year where he lit the league up. And where have I mentioned that you should be trading him for picks and prospects? Why do you have to take a shot at the Oilers, are you getting upset so that you have to troll? Embarrassing.
Then what are you trying to prove? I told you that Kulemin has greater value to the leafs than a Gagner, Smid, etc would. Maybe not league-wide in other GM's eyes, but on the leafs we need to add some size. And trading Kulemin would be 3 steps back, unless of course the deal had a PWF coming back. This is an honest question, weren't you guys expecting atleast some progress this year? If CBJ hasn't **** the bed all year you guys would be looking at another 1st overall selection.

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:17 PM
  #78
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner
 
The Hockey Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leafs Nation
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
Nothing you have that isn't "untouchable" interests the Leafs.

The Hockey Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:18 PM
  #79
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
The only way I can see Kulemin to Edmonton is if one of the top 3 or the first pick (if it's picking 1st or 2nd overall) is coming to us.
Uh, if this is supposed to be serious then lets just forget I ever started this thread. I like his all round game, but in no conceivable world is he worth one of those assets, nor would we look to trade on of those pieces for a package where Kulemin is the centerpiece.

IMO, Gagner is fair value, but I also understand that the Leafs want to add size rather than subtract. Much like every Oil/Leaf proposal, it appears there is zero chance of us doing business.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM
  #80
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
so basically you want him because we are going to draft grig and we need a russian buddy for him? really?
apparently he doesnt know grigs has lived on his own since 15, is pretty fluent in english and has already fully adapted to the north american style. some people dont read much.

except for the accent this kid might as well be from saskatoon. adapt to north america? lol. give the kid a week and he will be fit like a glove in edmonton.

kulemin? lol ppplease stop kidding.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
  #81
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHockeySanctuary View Post
Nothing you have that isn't "untouchable" interests the Leafs.
Pretty much.

After Hall, Eberle, RNH, the rest if crap. If we aren't getting any roster players for Kulemin, then there's no point in trading him. He's far too valuable to us. Especially over the likes of Gagner, Hemsky, and Smid.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:32 AM
  #82
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 657
Some people are really dumb. Like seriously a simple concept like, we don't need any other of your roster players so the only way a deal can be made would be a package for your big 3, is not that hard a concept to grasp.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.