HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 NBA/College Basketball Thread *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
I hate to say it, but after watching this team for a while you kinda expect to be disappointed. 1999 was the last glimmer of hope.
well i am a met fan so i can relate.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:29 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The fact of the matter is, Miami has guys at every position besides the 5 that do what our guys do except better and more consistently.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:04 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
TBH, I think the only reason why the Knicks are down 0-3 is because of Miami's defense. They really are an excellent defensive team, especially at home.

Look at it this way -- even after the season turned around starting with Lin, the three regular season games against Miami were basically laughers. The Heat in all six games just lock it down in the 4th quarter.

Injuries arent an excuse. Miami is just a better team.
Miami is up 3-0 because they are simply a better team.

They have two legit superstars who are unselfish, a very good PF....that's it.

The rest of their team is really nothing special. Few guys who can hit an open shot and a good defender in Battier, but that's it. Their bench is not very good.

Old
05-04-2012, 02:29 AM
30theking

i dont watch basketball so it doesn't really affect me by how the knicks are doing and besides the nba has to have the worst officiating in any sport by far. The refs call fouls on everything and so many games always seem like they are fixed or rigged. Plus they have the worst commisoner in sports with david stern and that's saying something when theres bud selig, roger goodell, and gary bettman.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Again, they were never beating the Heat.

Throw in the fact there's no Lin and Shumpert. You're not beating them undermanned.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)

There are way fewer lights on at the Garden for the Knicks game than there are for Rangers games. Do fans of other basketball teams complain about how dark it is there, too?

Old
05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
30theking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
There are way fewer lights on at the Garden for the Knicks game than there are for Rangers games. Do fans of other basketball teams complain about how dark it is there, too?
people who arent knicks or rangers fans always complain about msg. it's a dump, the lighting sucks, the ice is bad when there is a hockey game there. what do people expect? the building is a dinosaur and they're starting to renovate it now so hopefully people won't complain about the lights and stuff. the bad ice is pretty much cause the knicks play there too.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

They won. Finally. Melo showed up.

Am I the only guy who despises Landry Fields? The guy is useless.

BTW, add DWade to the next semester's classes at the Paul Pierce School of Faking, Crying and Flopping. It obviously didnt work today.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
They won. Finally. Melo showed up.

Am I the only guy who despises Landry Fields? The guy is useless.

BTW, add DWade to the next semester's classes at the Paul Pierce School of Faking, Crying and Flopping. It obviously didnt work today.
Fields is a nice versatile role player on a team that moves the ball. He still needs to develop a consistent jump shot. Most players look useless standing around watching one guy hold the ball most of the game. I can't imagine he stays here when his contract ends. I look forward to seeing him be put to good use somewhere.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Poor Baron Davis. Maybe Lin comes back next game and we have some sort of magic to send it back here for game 6. Lord knows they have most likely the worst fanbase in the NBA, we could go in there and steal one and who knows.

If that doesn't happen, which is the likeliest of possibilities, at least we saw them snap that drought.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Fields is a nice versatile role player on a team that moves the ball. He still needs to develop a consistent jump shot. Most players look useless standing around watching one guy hold the ball most of the game. I can't imagine he stays here when his contract ends. I look forward to seeing him be put to good use somewhere.
The month or so when Lin was playing and Melo was out (even when he came back, and Lin was still fine and Dantoni was still here) was an enjoyable team to watch

when Melo got Dantoni fired, I completley turned on the team.. I will never root for Carmelo Anthony.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Melo has nothing to do with it. So it's Melo's fault his foul shooting went down 20 pct? His stats plummeted across the board this season, except assists.

He's been horrible all year. What makes him horrible is his decision making. Terrible passer, terrible jump shooter.

Just a dumb player, which is surprising coming from Stanford. He had a little resurgence when Lin played. That's it. He had chemistry with one guy and it because they were friends.

Maybe a sophomore slump, but I would have rather traded him and kept Chandler or Mozgov or the draft pick.

When the Knicks were playing their best bball of the season after Dantoni was fires, Fields was still terrible.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:02 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
The month or so when Lin was playing and Melo was out (even when he came back, and Lin was still fine and Dantoni was still here) was an enjoyable team to watch

when Melo got Dantoni fired, I completley turned on the team.. I will never root for Carmelo Anthony.
Well its too bad you did because the Knicks were slightly better without Lin and 100x better after Dantoni was fired.

Melo was NBA player of the month in April with the Knicks fighting for a playoff spot.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I'm sorry but I'm not satisfied. One playoff win in 11 years. April 29th, 2001 ----> May 6th, 2012. I'm ****ing supposed to celebrate that? I'll celebrate when they actually win a series or two.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:08 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not satisfied. One playoff win in 11 years. April 29th, 2001 ----> May 6th, 2012. I'm ****ing supposed to celebrate that?
Baby steps.

They improved their winning pct from a year ago, and won a playoff game against a much better opponent then they faced last year.

The Knicks were 29-53 two seasons ago.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
i'm not a basketball fan...but always happy to see a new york team win...congrats to the knicks in their win today...good luck in game 5!!!

Old
05-06-2012, 07:29 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

At this point I'm just happy they didn't get swept again. No expectations moving forward. Just try to enjoy each game like it may be the last of the year and just try to scare Miami a little.

05-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Baby steps.

They improved their winning pct from a year ago, and won a playoff game against a much better opponent then they faced last year.

The Knicks were 29-53 two seasons ago.
They should've been making baby steps in the mid 2000's and maybe they would've been a contender now. Its 11 years later and they still don't have a team that can contend for a championship. Next season we will see.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Melo has nothing to do with it. So it's Melo's fault his foul shooting went down 20 pct? His stats plummeted across the board this season, except assists.

He's been horrible all year. What makes him horrible is his decision making. Terrible passer, terrible jump shooter.
Actually he's "looked horrible" since the middle of last season. Right after the Anthony trade, specifically.

Quote:
Just a dumb player, which is surprising coming from Stanford. He had a little resurgence when Lin played. That's it. He had chemistry with one guy and it because they were friends.
It's funny. He looked like an incredibly smart player in the first half of last season, when the Knicks moved the ball and ran the floor. In fact, his best qualities seemed to be his penchant for anticipating where rebounds would land and moving the ball up court in transition. I don't think chemistry or being friends has anything to do with why he looked good when Lin was on the floor. Pretty sure it had a lot more to do with the fact that Lin's presence meant the ball was moving around, and the pace was quickened. It's kind of the most fundamental strategic element in the sport, other than playing defense, I guess. Ball movement.

I don't know how you expect Fields to make smart passes when he's routinely being put into predicaments by the incredibly dumb decisions being made by some of his teammates, who make Fields look like a genius with their shot selection and movement (or lack of it) without the ball.

Quote:
When the Knicks were playing their best bball of the season after Dantoni was fires, Fields was still terrible.

Well its too bad you did because the Knicks were slightly better without Lin and 100x better after Dantoni was fired.

Melo was NBA player of the month in April with the Knicks fighting for a playoff spot.
It would have been pretty hard for them not to be better after D'Antoni was fired, since Anthony was actually giving effort on the floor, rather than actively continuing his effort to get his coach fired.

Coincidentally, the Knicks' best basketball of the season still involved practically no ball movement and mostly one-on-one isos for Anthony. In other words, nothing that would allow Fields to play his game. Highly encouraging, by the way, that the only thing the Knicks' best basketball of the season was good for was beating the dregs of the East, and little else.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
They should've been making baby steps in the mid 2000's and maybe they would've been a contender now. Its 11 years later and they still don't have a team that can contend for a championship. Next season we will see.
I agree but remember the early post-Lockout Rangers. It takes times to fix the mess Layden and Thomas created, just like Sather needed time to fix the Smith fiasco.

The balance of power is shifting in the east. Orlando and Boston have numbered days. The Knicks should win 50 next season.

Old
05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Actually he's "looked horrible" since the middle of last season. Right after the Anthony trade, specifically.
I know you stopped watching the Knicks when they started winning, but Fields was abysmal with Anthony on the bench, especially when Woodson had an 11-man rotations. Unless you think Melo spiked his gatorade or put icy hot in his jock as well.

Quote:
It's funny. He looked like an incredibly smart player in the first half of last season, when the Knicks moved the ball and ran the floor. In fact, his best qualities seemed to be his penchant for anticipating where rebounds would land and moving the ball up court in transition. I don't think chemistry or being friends has anything to do with why he looked good when Lin was on the floor. Pretty sure it had a lot more to do with the fact that Lin's presence meant the ball was moving around, and the pace was quickened. It's kind of the most fundamental strategic element in the sport, other than playing defense, I guess. Ball movement.
He was a smart player, and the Knicks were carried by Stats 30.0 ppg average. He was open 90 pct of the time and had a PG who was a playmaker. Fields is a high maintenance player who needs everything to be perfect for him to score.

Quote:
I don't know how you expect Fields to make smart passes when he's routinely being put into predicaments by the incredibly dumb decisions being made by some of his teammates, who make Fields look like a genius with their shot selection and movement (or lack of it) without the ball.
Again, Fields' shot has been flat all season. The guys who cover the Knicks say so as well. I guess that's hit teammates fault too.

Quote:
It would have been pretty hard for them not to be better after D'Antoni was fired, since Anthony was actually giving effort on the floor, rather than actively continuing his effort to get his coach fired.
Quote:
Coincidentally, the Knicks' best basketball of the season still involved practically no ball movement and mostly one-on-one isos for Anthony. In other words, nothing that would allow Fields to play his game. Highly encouraging, by the way, that the only thing the Knicks' best basketball of the season was good for was beating the dregs of the East, and little else.
"Dregs of the east"?????

Please. They beat Chicago, won in Indiana, in Philly, in orlando, they beat the Clippers in a must win for LA, they beat Atlanta.....

Come on.....All those games were "must wins".

Knicks dont get into the playoffs without Melo. I know it kills you reading that but you're the only Knick hater I know who refuses to acknowledge that.

Old
05-06-2012, 08:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Tyson's healthy all season they can win 50.

But besides Tyson and Carmelo (when he decides he wants to play), the rest of the team is pretty mediocre.

The East is going to be run by the Heat for the next 7+ years.

Old
05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

I think Lin will return for Game 5.

Old
05-06-2012, 08:29 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If Tyson's healthy all season they can win 50.

But besides Tyson and Carmelo (when he decides he wants to play), the rest of the team is pretty mediocre.

The East is going to be run by the Heat for the next 7+ years.
I don't think so...

Both Wade & Lebron have an opt out clause for 2014. They can choose to become FA's.

You heard a few months ago Lebron saying something along the lines of 'I won't rule out going back to Cleveland'.

There's been few people close to them that have said Lebron isn't exactly happy in Miami.

My guess is that if they win a championship or 2, Lebron is gone.

Old
05-06-2012, 08:30 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
I know you stopped watching the Knicks when they started winning, but Fields was abysmal with Anthony on the bench, especially when Woodson had an 11-man rotations. Unless you think Melo spiked his gatorade or put icy hot in his jock as well.

He was a smart player, and the Knicks were carried by Stats 30.0 ppg average. He was open 90 pct of the time and had a PG who was a playmaker. Fields is a high maintenance player who needs everything to be perfect for him to score.

Again, Fields' shot has been flat all season. The guys who cover the Knicks say so as well. I guess that's hit teammates fault too.

"Dregs of the east"?????

Please. They beat Chicago, won in Indiana, in Philly, in orlando, they beat the Clippers in a must win for LA, they beat Atlanta.....

Come on.....All those games were "must wins".

Knicks dont get into the playoffs without Melo. I know it kills you reading that but you're the only Knick hater I know who refuses to acknowledge that.
Ignore him.
Haters going to hate.

Closed Thread