Wings: Anton Axelsson, Backer, Tolsa

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2004, 09:56 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Wings: Anton Axelsson, Backer, Tolsa

Hey fellas,
Have some questions about some wings prospects.
Pleasantly surprised to see Anton Axelsson (191, 04) doing very well this season. What's the book on Anton?

Also wondering if you think it's just about time to stop considering Per Backer and Jari Tolsa as NHL prospects. These guys really haven't been able to build much success yet.

Also, how is Jonathon Ericsson doing? I hear the big guy has been shuttled back and forth from defense to center. I can't imagine a 6'5 defenseman moving to center, but I guess it does say something about his puck moving skills.

Thanks, and feel free to talk about any other Wings prospect playing in Sweden.

Old
10-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Also, how is Jonathan Ericsson doing? I hear the big guy has been shuttled back and forth from defense to center. I can't imagine a 6'5 defenseman moving to center, but I guess it does say something about his puck moving skills.
As one can see looking at his stats from Huddinge he did a great job for them scoring 2 goals and 4 assist in 12 games as a defenseman. He´s been up with the big team now for 3 games playing center on the 4th line, lately with the talented Nicklas Bergfors and Dragan Umicevic. I´ve only seen him in one of those games, unfortunately he did look kind of lost on the ice and was clearly the weakest link on that line.

Södertälje have two americans, Chris & Peter Ferraro, who have been healthy scratches the last couple of games and they have most likely played their last game with this team. Södertälje have signed Olli Jokinen and Mikael Samuelsson but they won´t be eligible to play until November 18 so expect Jonathan Ericsson to play the nearest games anyway, as a centerforward. If they reach a solution with the twins I (hope) could imagine they sign yet another forward, a superstar from the NHL that is. Making life even tougher for the young kids on this team...

It´s highly unlikely that Jonathan grabs a spot as a defenseman on this team right now, especially with Nicklas Grossman playing so great. Peter Popovic is also close to making a comeback from his stomach problems so there isn´t really any room for Jonathan except on the 4th line.

Old
10-31-2004, 09:10 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
As one can see looking at his stats from Huddinge he did a great job for them scoring 2 goals and 4 assist in 12 games as a defenseman. He´s been up with the big team now for 3 games playing center on the 4th line, lately with the talented Nicklas Bergfors and Dragan Umicevic. I´ve only seen him in one of those games, unfortunately he did look kind of lost on the ice and was clearly the weakest link on that line.

Södertälje have two americans, Chris & Peter Ferraro, who have been healthy scratches the last couple of games and they have most likely played their last game with this team. Södertälje have signed Olli Jokinen and Mikael Samuelsson but they won´t be eligible to play until November 18 so expect Jonathan Ericsson to play the nearest games anyway, as a centerforward. If they reach a solution with the twins I (hope) could imagine they sign yet another forward, a superstar from the NHL that is. Making life even tougher for the young kids on this team...

It´s highly unlikely that Jonathan grabs a spot as a defenseman on this team right now, especially with Nicklas Grossman playing so great. Peter Popovic is also close to making a comeback from his stomach problems so there isn´t really any room for Jonathan except on the 4th line.
What 's the problem with the Ferraro twins? Why are they not playing and not going to play for Sodertalje again?

Old
10-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
What 's the problem with the Ferraro twins? Why are they not playing and not going to play for Sodertalje again?
They are simply not good enough. They make money like stars in the SEL but they play like average SEL-ers. I´d be surprised if they stay in this league, perhaps they would have been more successful playing here last season without the NHL-players.

They tried to play their own style in the beginning but their defensive play was terrible. So the coaches told them to play differently resulting in even worse play...

Closed Thread