HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 10:30 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Sure, but that was with a healthy Kuznetsov in the theoretical pipeline. Him going down changes a lot wrt the near future.
Will be interesting to see what gmgm does.

Cause I'm still going forward with mindset he's the gm for life

Old
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Season from Hell continues, wrt Kuznetsov.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Sorry if this was asked multiple times, but who are on your defense is actually movable? Any chance Green is available? He's exactly what the Devils need.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

GMGM maybe blad monday. With kuz blowing out his knee i am now in the resign semin camp for 1 year deal.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Moveable? Green? Doubtful. At best.

Value is lower than you would think. Player they desperately need.

Hamrlik, they would like to move I imagine. Think he wants out too.

Schultz they want to move.

Wideman could be had if they're out of it, or think they should be out of it.

Carlson/Alzner probably not unless someone blows the doors off.

Orlov, no way.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
txpd

green for parise. rfa for rfa. oh....i am sorry. i bet you were thinking green could be gotten for throwaway stuff and spare parts.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Parise is a UFA, I believe.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
green for parise. rfa for rfa. oh....i am sorry. i bet you were thinking green could be gotten for throwaway stuff and spare parts.
Contentious much?

My idea was something like Clarkson, Urbom, and a 1st. Don't think that's spare parts really.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Sorry if this was asked multiple times, but who are on your defense is actually movable? Any chance Green is available? He's exactly what the Devils need.
Yeah, he's available, for Larsson and several first-round picks. Not sure if that's enough, actually.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Contentious much?

My idea was something like Clarkson, Urbom, and a 1st. Don't think that's spare parts really.
Wideman can be had for a 1st

Old
02-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Yeah, he's available, for Larsson and several first-round picks. Not sure if that's enough, actually.
I can guarantee you Larsson + several firsts is nowhere near Green's market value. That's a package that returns a top ten player in the game.

But if he's that valuable to Washington, so be it.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
I can guarantee you Larsson + several firsts is nowhere near Green's market value. That's a package that returns a top ten player in the game.

Green is pretty much the top-one player in his category, so, yeah.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

It's not entirely clear that Green rebounds to previous effectiveness, but that's the assumption under which the Caps are operating and he is solidly unavailable as a result. They are probably going to trade Wideman, a pending UFA, and quite possibly Hamrlik.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

Quote:
Wideman is more likely, particularly if Tarik's reports of Wideman's high $$$ demands are accurate.

Tedenby, Palmieri & Urbom would be prospects/young players I'd target in addition to a pick.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Jedgi

Quote:

No Larsson and a first would do it, but the Devils would not do that. However when completely 100% healthy Green could be a top 10 player in the league. Two Norris Trophy nominations and his defense certainly hasn't gotten worse since then. The issue is the completely 100% healthy.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Moveable? Green? Doubtful. At best.

Value is lower than you would think. Player they desperately need.

Hamrlik, they would like to move I imagine. Think he wants out too.

Schultz they want to move.

Wideman could be had if they're out of it, or think they should be out of it.

Carlson/Alzner probably not unless someone blows the doors off.

Orlov, no way.
I love how Orlov is "no way," but Carlson and Alzner are only "probably not."

Orlov's shiny new toy treatment is getting ridiculous. Not sure how he gets a free pass on all of his awful turnovers and blown coverages while Carlson gets ridden into the ground. Carlson's rookie year was clearly better than Orlov's.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Wideman is more likely, particularly if Tarik's reports of Wideman's high $$$ demands are accurate.
Where did you see that? The only relevant thing I can find is from this article:
Quote:
If all-star defenseman Dennis Wideman is demanding more than the Capitals are willing to pay, then the pending unrestricted free agent should be in play, too.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post

Orlov's shiny new toy treatment is getting ridiculous. Not sure how he gets a free pass on all of his awful turnovers and blown coverages while Carlson gets ridden into the ground. Carlson's rookie year was clearly better than Orlov's.
I agree with this 100%. I would trade Orlov before Carlson and Alzner in that order. It's only a matter of time before Orlov sucks next year (sophomore season ) and everyone is back on the Carlson bandwagon.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Langway
Flow➜Grow

Second hand reports from a radio interview yesterday.

Could just be Tarik being Tarik but even if Wideman is willing to settle for a decent deal I'm not sure he really fits regardless.

To the dumpster!

DarrenDreger: Waivers today: Van Der Gulik, Miettinen, Rosehill, Boyce

Old
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:

You keep all three. They are the future of the defense and we wasted enough time waiting on these guys.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:13 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
I agree with this 100%. I would trade Orlov before Carlson and Alzner in that order. It's only a matter of time before Orlov sucks next year (sophomore season ) and everyone is back on the Carlson bandwagon.
I would keep them all if possible. They all have their warts, but they are a strong young D corps with a bright future. As always, a veteran role model or two (not Hammer, thank you) would go a long way in their development.

That said, I've been thinking about it and GMGM has a blind spot on the value of veteran experience. It's true both on the ice and behind the bench. I've said it before, when our young guns were still young, they needed stable, high-end veterans around to help them grow, not a Federov for 1 season here and a Arnott for 3 months there. Worse yet that they didn't have a coach who understood the men they needed to become. This is not a bash on Boudreau. His rookie enthusiasm matched theirs and it worked for a while. But he already was an adult and likely knew well how to learn from his experience in DC. These guys needed a leader who already had done that. They needed it even more when BB was fired.

The didn't get veteran guidance and the result of that failure is before us now. It is not too late to avoid the same mistakes with our young D. Please Ted, learn from your mistakes and stop the madness. Get us some management/coaching/players with experience.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I would keep them all if possible. They all have their warts, but they are a strong young D corps with a bright future. As always, a veteran role model or two (not Hammer, thank you) would go a long way in their development.

That said, I've been thinking about it and GMGM has a blind spot on the value of veteran experience. It's true both on the ice and behind the bench. I've said it before, when our young guns were still young, they needed stable, high-end veterans around to help them grow, not a Federov for 1 season here and a Arnott for 3 months there. Worse yet that they didn't have a coach who understood the men they needed to become. This is not a bash on Boudreau. His rookie enthusiasm matched theirs and it worked for a while. But he already was an adult and likely knew well how to learn from his experience in DC. These guys needed a leader who already had done that. They needed it even more when BB was fired.

The didn't get veteran guidance and the result of that failure is before us now. It is not too late to avoid the same mistakes with our young D. Please Ted, learn from your mistakes and stop the madness. Get us some management/coaching/players with experience.
Suter

Old
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Second hand reports from a radio interview yesterday.

Could just be Tarik being Tarik but even if Wideman is willing to settle for a decent deal I'm not sure he really fits regardless.

To the dumpster!

DarrenDreger: Waivers today: Van Der Gulik, Miettinen, Rosehill, Boyce

ugh.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:

Let's rationalize. Neither one of the three SHOULD be in play. However, I list Carlson and Alzner as a probably not, and Orlov as a no for a specific reason.

Here's the difference.

What return is Orlov rationally bringing?

He's Russian, played two or three handfuls of games, that's it, no real track record, decent bit of upside, but probably a 4th or 5th guy to some.

If you're like me, and you feel at some point this club needs a shakeup, then Carlson and Alzner is a chip that brings the best return. I think LA got fleeced, but Carlson's worth a lot more than Jack Johnson. That says 1st line player to me. Alzner might be worth a bit less, but he's still something that could bring a heavy shakeup.

I also think you have some consideration of changing the culture at hand. If that's the case, is a kid who has been in town for basically no time the issue, or maybe a defenseman who is struggling at time with confidence?

Old
02-24-2012, 12:13 PM
BPMrules

For as much as GMGM has been "working the phones", i sure don't hear our name mentioned as "being in on" anyone. I'm guessing we're going to be selling a few pieces, and hoping to crawl into the playoffs.

Closed Thread