HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our underrated defenseman (interesting stat)

Old
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Our underrated defenseman (interesting stat)

Excuse me because I'm typing on my phone, but I was mulling our ES stats for defensemen. Interestingly Ryan McDonagh is 6th in even strength points for all dmen and MDZ is twelvth. To me that says a lot. If we had any sort of power play, these two could be Norris candidates. McD has 20 and MDZ has 19. This also begs the question, maybe McD should get some time on the first unit considering he has a good shot and could possibly be one of the better players at gaining the zone...

ChrisKreider20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Not quite sure what even strength points have to do with the power play, since ES points by defensemen often have more to do with making passes than shooting. I'm also not surprised that both McDonagh and Del Zotto are amongst the point leaders in even strengh points--both (especally McDonagh) play a lot of even strength minutes.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Not quite sure what even strength points have to do with the power play, since ES points by defensemen often have more to do with making passes than shooting. I'm also not surprised that both McDonagh and Del Zotto are amongst the point leaders in even strengh points--both (especally McDonagh) play a lot of even strength minutes.
What I meant is:

1. If we had a good power play, MDZ could have upwards of 60 points at the end of the season.
2. McD being a point producer at even strength says a lot about his offensive awareness. He clearly has it and hasn't been given much of a chance to play the point on the powerplay, especially considering his shot is above average...

ChrisKreider20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
MSG the place to be*

There is really no such thing as a 5 on 5 offensive defenseman nowadays.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Excuse me because I'm typing on my phone, but I was mulling our ES stats for defensemen. Interestingly Ryan McDonagh is 6th in even strength points for all dmen and MDZ is twelvth. To me that says a lot. If we had any sort of power play, these two could be Norris candidates. McD has 20 and MDZ has 19. This also begs the question, maybe McD should get some time on the first unit considering he has a good shot and could possibly be one of the better players at gaining the zone...
I dont think any NYR d-men are under rated...the whole league knows we got a sick top 4..Staal,Girardi,McDonagh and ofcourse Sauer when healthy.No one is under rated but one guy is a bit over rated,lol,just saying.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote