HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
What is? That a player on pace for not even 10 goals isn't worth $4.2M?

I'd trade Dubinsky before Anisimov any day of the week. Anisimov is inconsistent, but he's far less of a redundant piece than Dubinsky. And he's $2.6M cheaper.
Dubinsky is not redundant.

Dubinsky is having a slow year, production-wise, but fortunately he brings so many other elements that even when he's not scoring, he's involved in helping the team win.

Was Gaborik worth 7.5 last year? Nope, but this year he's certainly earning most if not all of his paycheck. Players have off years. You don't trade players when their value is at an all-time low just because they're having a bad half of a season. You guys seriously scare me.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolundasweden View Post
i dont know why mostly everyone dont want him in the team.

Yes i dont want him if we give up McD, Mdz or Stepan, but Dubi, Anisimov, Thomas, 1st and maybe Sauer.. Rangers have alot of player that we can trade.

Rangers will get so much better with Nash in the team and they will look seriously like a cup contender.
What do they look like now?

Old
02-20-2012, 04:13 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
No a friend probably texted him that
Lol @ u answering no...ppl on here are to funny.And a friend didnt text me,none of my friends like hockey,buddy...so what do u really know???nothing,lol,so speak,well type when typed to kiddo. Just saying ..if u read my post Einstein it says" i just read that p.l says..."

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

LeBrun and McKenzie have been saying the Rangers plan is to offer some combination of Kreider,Erixon and Miller for the last week. Brooks wrote Kreider was untouchable.

So Dubinsky,Erixon,Miller and #1 pick

That's the best Sather can offer.

Old
ThirdEye

How exactly does Columbus think we are going to replace McDonagh's 25 minutes of ice time or MDZ's 22 minutes of ice time? We're trying to put ourselves over the top so we can finally compete for a cup, not take one step forward and one step back. What the hell is the point of that?

I guess they can throw in someone like Tyutin, but I still don't see Sather trading either of them. They're way too important to the team

Old
02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
This team needs more scoring... now! you want to win a cup this year?
so sick of all this moaning about how we wont be set up for the
Next ten years.

Well be fine. Well contend for the cup this year and many
to come.

Finally lets get some real scoring on this team
Agreed! Also, Nash is only 27 years old or so? He has a good 6-7 years left on his tires...

This team is well prepared to trade some assets to acquire Nash. I would be quite ok if Kreider, MCD or MZD is part of the deal. The farm system is stocked with prospects who are itching to play in the NHL.

Old
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

Dubinsky is having a slow year, production-wise, but fortunately he brings so many other elements that even when he's not scoring, he's involved in helping the team win.

Was Gaborik worth 7.5 last year? Nope, but this year he's certainly earning most if not all of his paycheck. Players have off years. You don't trade players when their value is at an all-time low just because they're having a bad half of a season. You guys seriously scare me.
Dubinsky is nothing special. He's a player with one 50+ point season under his belt.

On an elite hockey team, Dubinsky isn't going to be a main offensive contributor. And if he is a main offensive contributor, he's nothing more than a 50-55 point player.

He's great to have as a third liner--but not at $4.2M a year.

I don't want to trade Dubinsky because he's having an off year. I want to trade him because he's more than likely never going to justify his salary on this team, IMO.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
Victory*
We're Still In It

How about

Rick Nash for Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, Christian Thomas, 1st and/or 2nd rd (2012) picks

Old
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
True but Dreger didn't even know Nash was on the block. Ren Lavoie of RDS had it before anyone else. He also had the Jeff Carter wanted out of Columbus story in the fall which was denied but it was true.

Dreger reported on Saturday that Philly was out

https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...09601544794112

So the price is sky high

Dubinsky
McDonagh/Del Zotto
Kreider
1st round pick/top prospect
God i hope thats not the price i dont know what i will do if they trade either mcdonagh or mdz. Kreider is already pushing as far as an asking price goes

Old
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
LeBrun and McKenzie have been saying the Rangers plan is to offer some combination of Kreider,Erixon and Miller. Brooks wrote Kreider was untouchable.

So Dubinsky,Erixon,Miller and #1 pick

That's the best Sather can offer.
that is too many pieces man!!! 3 tops,Dubi,miller/erixon and a 1st...Dubi will ne ba k when he is a free agent anyway,lol

Old
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

Well, with Nash here Dubinsky WOULD be redundant. Nash is a much better player. Plus, Dubi would fall further on the depth chart because Nash will take away some of his ice time

I have no problem at all with moving Dubinsky for Nash. It's all the other pieces that scare me

Old
egelband

there seems to be a lot of momentum for this deal. i'm very scared. i seriously hope sather isn't falling for this. please...pleeeeeeeeeease....this is a good team as-is. a great team. maybe sather's just pushing up the price for another g-m to get snow-jobbed.

Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
If the asking price is Dubinsky , a prospect not named Kreider, Wolski, and a couple picks, you have to pull the trigger.

Nash will be dynamite in New York, he'll be surrounded with more talent on his line than the entire Blue Jackets team has.

You want to find a move / trade to push us over the top, repeat the success of this season for many more? This is it. If Nash is even slightly worse than Gaborik we become an offensive, defensive, and goaltending force.
We would finally ice an explosive offended. We would be favorites this year and years to come.

All world goal tending - great young defense - explosive scoring

Old
Crease

I don't see how this team can afford Gaborik, Richards, Nash and re-sign Del Zotto, McDonagh, Stepan, and Anisimov.

In addition to the assets involved in a trade with Columbus, the team is going to likely lose someone to an offer sheet within the next two seasons.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Noonan25

I would just like the trade to happen already if it does

Old
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I don't see how this team can afford Gaborik, Richards, Nash and re-sign Del Zotto, McDonagh, Stepan, and Anisimov.
I think they can strategically fit everyone, but it will be super tight. Dubinsky and Wolski would free up 8+ million right away, so there's Nash. Gaborik's contract expires in two years

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post

In addition to the assets involved a trade to Columbus, the team is going to likely lose someone to an offer sheet within the next two seasons.
They'd be fine having those big three on the team if Lundqvist wasn't making nearly $7m.

But as that is actually the case, I agree with you. Although, I don't think we'd be talking about offer sheets so much as uncomfortable trades.

Old
Noonan25

And a I think Dubi, thomas, and a first is more then enough

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
God i hope thats not the price i dont know what i will do if they trade either mcdonagh or mdz. Kreider is already pushing as far as an asking price goes
According to Brooks,that is what Columbus wants from the Rangers.

Quote:
Rather, Sather is fazed by Columbusí asking price, believed to be Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto, Boston College winger Chris Kreider and either a first-round pick or another of the Rangersí top prospects.

McDonagh and Del Zotto are untouchables on the NHL roster, and Kreider is regarded as a canít-miss prospect with a ceiling as high as those in an apartment in a Manhattan pre-war building.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

Old
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
How exactly does Columbus think we are going to replace McDonagh's 25 minutes of ice time or MDZ's 22 minutes of ice time? We're trying to put ourselves over the top so we can finally compete for a cup, not take one step forward and one step back. What the hell is the point of that?

I guess they can throw in someone like Tyutin, but I still don't see Sather trading either of them. They're way too important to the team
Columbus doesn't give a **** about how the Rangers would go about replacing McD's or Del Zotto's minutes. That's not their problem. They are trying to find the best possible package so they are going to ask the world for Nash in hopes that some GM is going to overpay or make a mistake, like Gainey did when he traded for Gomez. Hopefully Sather isn't that stupid.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I think they can strategically fit everyone, but it will be super tight. Dubinsky and Wolski would free up 8+ million right away, so there's Nash. Gaborik's contract expires in two years
There have been rumors that new CBA will have renegotiations

Old
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dubinsky
Erixon
Miller
1st round pick

for

Nash

Old
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
This team needs more scoring... now! you want to win a cup this year?
This team is 11th in the league with 2.77 goals per game. More scoring would obviously be nice, but I wouldn't categorize it as needed. And that's 11th place with an absolute abortion of a PP% (14.1% or 27th in the league).

For frame of reference, Boston was 5th in the league in scoring last year with 2.98 goals per game when they won the cup.

Boston also had a 2.3 goals against average per game last season. This year, the Rangers' goals against average is 1.96.

Obviously the playoffs is a different story, but I'd characterize our problems as the PP, and not scoring abstractly.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
It's either going to happen in the next few days or not at all. I imagine teams that have interest want to move on to plan B as soon as possible.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
There have been rumors that new CBA will have renegotiations
Where is the link to those rumors?

Closed Thread