HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
NJD are one of the hotter teams in the game right now . They need to find a replacement this off season for Fatso , but don't kid yourself with KOvy , Henrique , they resign ZP and make a few prudent moves they are as competitive as anyone .
if they can get the backup goalie from Vancouver or the Kings they might do some damage.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if they can get the backup goalie from Vancouver or the Kings they might do some damage.
You mean Schneider and Bernier.

They arent getting either for nothing. They may cost them Henrique.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You mean Schneider and Bernier.

They arent getting either for nothing. They may cost them Henrique.
i know that.. i wonder if both of those goalies will move at the deadline or draft??

Old
02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If we were talking about Kovalchuk instead of Nash, a lot more people would be on board. Kovalchuk has a great cap hit with better production. A bunch of you guys ripped him apart last season. He's playing terrific hockey the last season and a half. He's worth every penny of his cap hit, and the assets they actually traded for him . . . that trade worked out beautifully for them. It was a huge ripoff. They got screwed for crossing an imaginary line. They broke no actual rules. They were just the next in a long line of teams taking one step further into working their way around the system.

If Parise cares about winning, then he would only leave the Devils to go to Detroit or the Rangers, but I don't see him ditching the Debbies for Broadway. It's not in his character. Otherwise, NJ is better than any of other targets he's been linked to. And if Crosby doesn't get healthy, the Devils will be able to fight the Pens and Flyers every year for 2nd place in the division for the next few years.

I'd obviously take Parise over Nash, but I'm not holding my breath. I wish we could trade for Kovalchuk. Now that's a trade I could get excited for.
Well played, sir!

Old
02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
i know that.. i wonder if both of those goalies will move at the deadline or draft??
Draft. They can probably get more for them at that time

Old
02-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Exactly . It makes me nuts when people on here are crowning as this great team when the NJD are only 8 points behind us and rolling lately . Don't be surprised if we hit the skids and they pass us . Not saying it will happen but the NJD play of late especially after HERBING US 2 x last month should not be discounted . Nor should ZP being a lock to leave . The league is going to do everything in it's power to keep NJ afloat and back on track much the same way it's done for PITT , PHO etc .
ZP

Old
02-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Don't look now but I think I saw Nash in a heritage jersey

Old
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Don't look now but I think I saw Nash in a heritage jersey
Rangers arent playing the Leafs

Old
02-19-2012, 07:08 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
It really angers me that this conversation is on the table. How many times does Sather need to learn his lesson with loaded contracts?
When is the last trade that Sather made for a "loaded Contract"? He may have given out some ****** contracts but his trading is a million times better than his UFA signing

Old
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Quote:
Rangers arent playing the Leafs
well played

Old
02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If we were talking about Kovalchuk instead of Nash, a lot more people would be on board. Kovalchuk has a great cap hit with better production. A bunch of you guys ripped him apart last season. He's playing terrific hockey the last season and a half. He's worth every penny of his cap hit, and the assets they actually traded for him . . . that trade worked out beautifully for them. It was a huge ripoff. They got screwed for crossing an imaginary line. They broke no actual rules. They were just the next in a long line of teams taking one step further into working their way around the system.

If Parise cares about winning, then he would only leave the Devils to go to Detroit or the Rangers, but I don't see him ditching the Debbies for Broadway. It's not in his character. Otherwise, NJ is better than any of other targets he's been linked to. And if Crosby doesn't get healthy, the Devils will be able to fight the Pens and Flyers every year for 2nd place in the division for the next few years.

I'd obviously take Parise over Nash, but I'm not holding my breath. I wish we could trade for Kovalchuk. Now that's a trade I could get excited for.
I would take Parise over either Nash or Kovalchuk. Especially on a Torts coached team. That said I got Kovy on my fantasy team.... Because..... He's been very good.

02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I've never seen a rumor provoke this much discussion. Holy crap. And it's for a 30-30 to 35-35 player, mind you. And everyone is willing to give up an arm and a leg for him despite him having a huge contract.

I'd rather take my chances and see if I can sign Ryan Suter or Zach Parise for the same (or less) money over the summer, without giving up any assets.

If not, I'm sure there will be future chances to acquire players. Everyone always acts like every available player is the last chance to get someone. "Who else is available? You are crazy to think anyone would be available." And like magic, someone becomes available a couple of months later.

No way in hell am I giving up Kreider, McIlrath, #1 and other assets for Nash. Maybe if he were paid $3 a season, I'd do that, but considering his salary, I wouldn't give up much more than a #1 and a prospect like Fasth.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
On a sidenote, do people seriously think Parise is going to sign here in the off-season?

Old
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
On a sidenote, do people seriously think Parise is going to sign here in the off-season?
Crazier things have happened.... But for sure it would not happen if they trade for Nash.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

He doesn't have to move out of his house, he just changes his jersey. And he gets to move to a top team where his addition would likely result in getting the Stanley Cup.

On our end, if we can afford to pay $7.8 to Nash, we can afford Parise. In fact, Parise's hit would probably be less and we would still keep our youth, whose ELCs would make it easier to afford expensive veterans.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

dont want Nash

Old
02-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Wolfpack21

****** Nash

Old
02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Nash would score tonight

Old
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
#NYR ...And the crowd was chanting "We don't want you," in response to Nash's game-tying goal. Hard to make that up--- Katie Strang
Hahahahahahahahah

Old
02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i'd rather wait to see how 2013 UFA shapes up, i'd definitely love the idea of perry or getzlaf over nash

Old
02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Hahahahahahahahah
Not saying I want him but chanting that is just ignorant.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Sure would make for an easy transition, he wouldn't have to move or relocate.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Can't use a guy like Nash! Nope gimme lobster hands Prust and Boyle for twenty a game baby!

Old
02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
i'd rather wait to see how 2013 UFA shapes up, i'd definitely love the idea of perry or getzlaf over nash
along with Joe Pavelski in 2014 hopefully

Old
02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
He doesn't have to move out of his house, he just changes his jersey. And he gets to move to a top team where his addition would likely result in getting the Stanley Cup.

That's a serious oversimplification of the situation. Too big of a leap to say that getting Parise would make us "likely" to win the Cup. Increase our chances noticeably, sure, but that's a huge jump from saying we'd be likely to win the Cup.

Closed Thread