HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers interested in Nash: Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You'd have to think there would be an amnesty buyout period once a new CBA is reached.

Truth be told, I'm not so worried about the cap implications. If Sather, Clarke and Gorton are ready to pull the trigger on Nash, then they have a plan in place. The mantra has been "stay the course" but as we've seen this year, the team appears to have found a shortcut along the way, and now we've found ourselves much closer to the "destination" than most thought we would be to start the year. If the organization sees Nash as an extra motor to get us to the promised land, then maybe jettisoning a couple assets isn't as tough to stomach for them as it is for us. A lot of us have an attachment to these players, the guys running the show are paid to not form attachments.

What really rubs me the wrong way is the fact that so many people write Nash off as a player, despite the fact that I'd wager that the majority of them saw Nash play for the first time all season on Sunday night. Nash is what we all hope Kreider could be. A huge body with a laser of a shot and great wheels. Nash has better instincts and softer hands, but Kreider has the edge in speed. Am I advocating including Kreider in a trade? Not at all, but I am saying that people need to appreciate just how special of a player Nash is. The outrage over trading top prospects or key roster players is understandable, but the criticisms over Nash's talent are ridiculous. I keep seeing "He's a 60 point player!" but none of those people seem to acknowledge that Nash has as many 40 goal seasons as Gaborik does. Gabby's career highs are 42,42,38. Nash's are 41,40,38. This guy is a top echelon talent.

Adding Nash, in the right deal of course, makes us a tremendous threat for The Cup. Not many teams can match up two defensive pairings against two lines with a 40 goal scorer on them. We'd have the offense, the defense, and the goaltending to make a run this year, as well as next year. Two legitimate shots at Lord Stanley is worth A LOT to a front office.
End of thread...I posted Nash's goals by season last night and not one of the "he's a 60 point player" posters responded. Great post.

I know it's apples and oranges because he was a pending UFA but Atlanta basically got squat for Kovy at the deadline...and to me the way Howson has gone about this so publicly he now has no choice but to pull the trigger.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Can't get here soon enough.

The more I look at this, the less I like the idea of this trade.
I'm the opposite. The more I look at it, the more I want Nash.

For everyone worrying about the kids down the line and the cap situation in 2-3 years and all that, don't complain when we're struggling to put pucks in the net or when our power play is piss poor in the playoffs. Nash answers both of those problems.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
1k posts