HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles Reportedly to Begin Negotiations With Nabokov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2012, 08:01 PM
  #126
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
He was young and he was doing very well. Now he is old and teams know how far old player's play can fall. After thinking about it, A $4 million/year for 2 years contract with a $3 million salary and $1 million bonuses seems fair.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM
  #127
leaponover
Registered User
 
leaponover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iskan, S. Korea
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 500
I'll be shocked in Nabby could pull 4 million per from ANYBODY! He hasn't played any better than Roloson and look at Roloson now. It would be dumb to pay a goaltender that old that much. THis talk of 2 for 8mil is ridiculous. Also, he's been injured off and on this season two more years of it and you guys will be referring to him like you did DiPietro anyway.

Edit: I mean he hasn't played any better than Roloson did for us, and we see how easily Roloson declined...

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  #128
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
There are multiple ways Snow can entice Nabakov to resign: A NTC, money, extra years.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
  #129
periferal
Registered User
 
periferal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,370
vCash: 500
I view this Nabokov fiasco no different than I do the new arena fiasco...

Until I see a shovel in the ground or pen to paper, I don't believe it even happens.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
  #130
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
I view this Nabokov fiasco no different than I do the new arena fiasco...

Until I see a shovel in the ground or pen to paper, I don't believe it even happens.
You want Nabokov dead?? That's a little over the top.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
  #131
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Redneck Riveria
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
There are multiple ways Snow can entice Nabakov to resign: A NTC, money, extra years.
Whats does he tell Nabby about Wang?

Yes, Nabby there is a chance they will wheel Rick out sometime on the beginning of the year so we send the message to the players and fans about how we really care about winning.

BobbyNystromOwnsYou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:07 AM
  #132
frankieboy
Registered User
 
frankieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,008
vCash: 500
Nabokov is not worried about Rick Dipietro. He KNOWS he is a better goalie. He showed it this year. Someone else said it in another thread, but the fact that DP was supposedly healthy on opening night, and they did not start him, that tells me a lot. Combine that with a recent quote by Snow where he said he could see a Nabokov/Poulin tandem next year and you know the team no longer views DP as a real part of the team.

frankieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:39 AM
  #133
Isles72
Registered User
 
Isles72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieboy View Post
Nabokov is not worried about Rick Dipietro. He KNOWS he is a better goalie. He showed it this year. Someone else said it in another thread, but the fact that DP was supposedly healthy on opening night, and they did not start him, that tells me a lot. Combine that with a recent quote by Snow where he said he could see a Nabokov/Poulin tandem next year and you know the team no longer views DP as a real part of the team.
Nabokov probably doesnt like the idea of a rehabbing goalie using valuable nhl games to get back into game shape -especially a team likely to be in the same situation next year (in and out of the mix for 8 seed )

nobody would claim Rick on the way down , or on the way up -so if he's ready to test out his body , let it happen during an extended stint in B'port .

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:48 AM
  #134
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I'll be shocked in Nabby could pull 4 million per from ANYBODY! He hasn't played any better than Roloson and look at Roloson now. It would be dumb to pay a goaltender that old that much. THis talk of 2 for 8mil is ridiculous. Also, he's been injured off and on this season two more years of it and you guys will be referring to him like you did DiPietro anyway.

Edit: I mean he hasn't played any better than Roloson did for us, and we see how easily Roloson declined...
Come on. Roloson has nothing to do with Nabokov.

First of all, Nabokov is 5 years younger.

Second of all, some goalies are capable of playing at a high level into their late 30s. Roloson is one example. Tim Thomas another. Khabibulin is having a good year at 39.

Finally, there is always a risk in signing a free agent, especially an older one. But there is a bigger risk to the Isles in not signing him. They are not getting a better goalie.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:00 AM
  #135
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72 View Post
Nabokov probably doesnt like the idea of a rehabbing goalie using valuable nhl games to get back into game shape -especially a team likely to be in the same situation next year (in and out of the mix for 8 seed )

nobody would claim Rick on the way down , or on the way up -so if he's ready to test out his body , let it happen during an extended stint in B'port .
I agree here. what risk would we take by doing this. Hell is Someone was dumb enough to claim him Good Riddance. When you say extended how many games are you thinking? I would leave him there for 15 games

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
  #136
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Im not so sure as his last NHL contract was 4yrs @ 21.5M. I would love to get him at 2yr 6M but i think if we want him to stay it will be closer to 2yr 8M
His last NHL contract was a few years ago. He is older now and not signed. While he is a Clear NHL level Net Minder. He is no worth 4 year deal anymore. his old cap his was around 4.5M a year for 4 years based on your post there. I also do not think i would give him a 2 year deal at even 4 per season. I would be ok with giving him a year Contract at 4. A two year contract at 3M plus Bonuses. anything over the two year mark i would cut him down two 2 Mil a season.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:10 AM
  #137
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Lets not forget he is not the best Playoff Goalie. Now granted we are not a Playoff team either. But if we improve somehow we might not want him for anything more then a season or two. I also think if you sign him over two seasons he would not be able to be moved at a deadline if we wanted to ship him out. I do not think someone would want him for longer then a season or two. I feel like if your not on a contract at the age of 35 you should only be on two year deals tops.
you sign those 3 plus year deals when your like 30-34 ish

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
  #138
Moosie
Registered User
 
Moosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
No goalie is an island.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
  #139
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
No goalie is an island.
What does this mean ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:32 AM
  #140
Isles72
Registered User
 
Isles72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I agree here. what risk would we take by doing this. Hell is Someone was dumb enough to claim him Good Riddance. When you say extended how many games are you thinking? I would leave him there for 15 games
until he hurts himself again

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
  #141
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 13,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Lets not forget he is not the best Playoff Goalie. Now granted we are not a Playoff team either. But if we improve somehow we might not want him for anything more then a season or two. I also think if you sign him over two seasons he would not be able to be moved at a deadline if we wanted to ship him out. I do not think someone would want him for longer then a season or two. I feel like if your not on a contract at the age of 35 you should only be on two year deals tops.
you sign those 3 plus year deals when your like 30-34 ish
Thats fine we dont make the playoffs anyway....

I agree sign him for 2 years if you can 3 wouldnt be the worst thing and 4 has to be out of the question...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:58 PM
  #142
TheIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 562
vCash: 50
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBottaNHL...78576768417792

Chris Botta
@ChrisBottaNHL
Follow

Source: #Isles offering Evgeni Nabokov choice of 1 or 2-year contract, hope to sign him for 2.

TheIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:45 PM
  #143
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,854
vCash: 500
The only way I will believe it is if I see the announcement that it's done. Until then, it's bull poo.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
  #144
Original Rob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
The only way I will believe it is if I see the announcement that it's done. Until then, it's bull poo.
Same. I think Garth has been holding Nabby out of the lineup to keep from injury just like Stevie Y did w/ Kubina, but is getting Meehan to play ball and go along with the "trying to re-sign him" story. We'll see.

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
  #145
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 1130
I hope to have both Nabby and Montoya up here... regardless who gets a 1 yr or a 2 yr deal. I personally feel we have a 1a and 1b situation and it gives Poulin and Nilsson another year to develop.

I dont even care about Rick D.. he is a non factor because even if he was healthy his body cant take 5 games in a row.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:46 PM
  #146
JJmcD
The Power Of Love
 
JJmcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
You want Nabokov dead?? That's a little over the top.
Not gonna lie - I literally laughed out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
No goalie is an island.
This made me laugh too for some reason.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
  #147
bluechipbonzo
Registered User
 
bluechipbonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,584
vCash: 500
Leafs chasing Nabby according to Bobby Mac on TSN tonight...

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
  #148
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Leafs chasing Nabby according to Bobby Mac on TSN tonight...
Until Wang tells Garth he wants to keep the veteran tender.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:31 PM
  #149
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Leafs chasing Nabby according to Bobby Mac on TSN tonight...
Giving up Nabby to the team that we're chasing for that final playoff spot. That'll go over well with the optimistic fans around here.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
  #150
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,973
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Giving up Nabby to the team that we're chasing for that final playoff spot. That'll go over well with the optimistic fans around here.
My optimism died a slow death the last two games..

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.