HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Red Wings/Sabres

Old
02-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Jimbo7200

vCash: 500
Red Wings/Sabres

*** I read both of these guys were available here http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle729769.ece, if that's not the case just judge the value please

Gaustad
Regher

Kindl
2012 2nd round pick
One of Emmerton, Ferraro, or Andersson

My reasoning is that the Wings are looking to upgrade the 4th line and the defense corps. Like I said with my preface, I have read that both Gaustad and Regehr were available. So i took a trade that was generally well received on this board (Gaustad for Ferraro and a 3rd) and added to it. How's the value?

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

A) Re-read that article on Regehr. Harrington says that teams could be interested in Regehr and not that the Sabres have made him available.

B) The Sabres have plenty of Kindl-esque young D in Buffalo and Rochester. I doubt the Sabres have a huge interest in him.

Replace Kindl with Sheahan or Jarnkrok and Sabres fans around here will get more excited.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Boose30

from my point of view as a buffalo fan id take it then hope goose hits the fa market in the offseason and we resign him

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Winther

I'd do it with switching to sheahan from kindl as a wings fan.

Winther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
A) Re-read that article on Regehr. Harrington says that teams could be interested in Regehr and not that the Sabres have made him available.

B) The Sabres have plenty of Kindl-esque young D in Buffalo and Rochester. I doubt the Sabres have a huge interest in him.

Replace Kindl with Sheahan or Jarnkrok and Sabres fans around here will get more excited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winther View Post
I'd do it with switching to sheahan from kindl as a wings fan.
Um, those are players you include in proposals for Vanek and Myers. Not Paul Gaustad and Robyn Regher. I would trade you a lower tier prospect and picks.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Um, those are players you include in proposals for Vanek and Myers. Not Paul Gaustad and Robyn Regher. I would trade you a lower tier prospect and picks.
What you need to understand is that Buffalo either should want C prospects or draft picks.

Besides, Regehr isn't going to be moved.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

can anyone recall what buffalo gave up to get regher? his value has not gone up whatsoever

well whatever it was detroit would not give up more, more likley less so please keep that in mind

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:16 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
#1. Buffalo isn't trading Regehr. He was considered a 'win' from PR standpoint. The owner flew personally to his house in Calgary to convince him to come to Buffalo. The only way he is getting traded is if he quietly went to the front office and requested he be moved.
#2. Buffalo's cost of Regehr was a NHLer (Butler) and eating 3 million of a bad contract (kotalik)

If you want Gaustad, judging by the value of players so far, it starts at a 2nd+ prospect. IF Regehr asked for a trade, the value of both would be a 1st+ good center prospect.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:19 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagemon View Post
What you need to understand is that Buffalo either should want C prospects or draft picks.

Besides, Regehr isn't going to be moved.
Well draft picks would be fine. Our two most promising center prospects when our team is getting long in the teeth there anyways is not in the cards.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:48 AM
BeersHockey

Quote:

Ok, replace Guastad with Stafford or Roy and the Wings might consider it.

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:

That then makes it a non starter for the wings. Unless we get a clear upgrade neither will be moved for a rental

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
That then makes it a non starter for the wings. Unless we get a clear upgrade neither will be moved for a rental
Yep. If I remember correct, the Detroit proposals with the Sabres have been beat to death plenty of times. Bflo (fans) want C prospects and Detroit (fans) are not happy giving those.

As for the original proposal, if Jarnkrok or Sheahan aren't included then the asking price would start with 1st. You don't like it? That's fair and ok but that is most likely what it would take to get Buffalo even remotely interested. After the 1st you keep adding something less valuable.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Is buffalo not really happy with Regher considering how bad Pegula? went after him...

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

simply remember regher was traded to buffalo for two ahl bums and the sabres had to accept kotalik as part of the deal.

no team, i repeat no team, would offer buffalo more then they were willing to offer calgary, gm's arent stupid.

that said, buffalo has no reason to trade him in the first place

Old
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
simply remember regher was traded to buffalo for two ahl bums and the sabres had to accept kotalik as part of the deal.

no team, i repeat no team, would offer buffalo more then they were willing to offer calgary, gm's arent stupid.

that said, buffalo has no reason to trade him in the first place
Butler was full time with the Sabres when he was traded.

As to the bolded, it only takes one...

As far as the proposal, I'd be okay with a 3rd/2nd and a middling center prospect not named Sheahan for Goose. Regehr, as stated, goes nowhere if only because that trade represented a huge change in culture around the Sabres and they don't want it torn down less than a season later.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:27 AM
VilleLeino

Regehr is worth a 1st at the deadline....Look at the price teams are paying..

VilleLeino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Butler was full time with the Sabres when he was traded.

As to the bolded, it only takes one...

As far as the proposal, I'd be okay with a 3rd/2nd and a middling center prospect not named Sheahan for Goose. Regehr, as stated, goes nowhere if only because that trade represented a huge change in culture around the Sabres and they don't want it torn down less than a season later.
didnt butler play in only 49 games for the sabres recording 8pts last year? come on now, do not tell me regher cost the sabres anything other then the willingness to accept kotaliks contract. he didnt cost you guys draft picks or top prospects or anything, he cost your owner money, nothing more.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
didnt butler play in only 49 games for the sabres recording 8pts last year? come on now, do not tell me regher cost the sabres anything other then the willingness to accept kotaliks contract. he didnt cost you guys draft picks or top prospects or anything, he cost your owner money, nothing more.
Actually, eating Kotaliks contract costed 2nd round pick for Calgary... But now that I think of it.. I read somewhere that Regehr + eating Kotaliks salary was the price for Butler and then Byron went for a 2nd rounder.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
And two of our players...

Butler didn't play in every single game but he was with the Sabres full time. To call him an "AHL Bum" is misleading and not factual in any sense of the word.

Am I saying that someone will pay an arm and a leg for him? No. but what you are saying here isn't actually factual.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:26 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Ahh so you want to give up your garbage for our commodities then... No deal. Sabres don't want Sheahan at all if your honestly expecting Myers or Vanek that's just pathetic.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

It's hard to get a comparable with the Regehr to Buffalo deal [Regehr, Kotalik, 2nd for Butler & Byron] because it included the Sabres taking on Kotalik's contract and the Sabres don't need to shed payroll in a deal that involves Regehr.

Taking the OP's idea [Regehr & Gaustad for Kindl, 2nd, prospect] and breaking it out, it would likely be Regehr for Kindl and Gaustad for 2nd + prospect given the Moore trade as a comparable for a rental of Gaustad.

So, it all comes down to how much trade value does Kindl have and finding an equivalent in a proposed deal for Regehr as the Sabres don't have a need for Kindl.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHockey View Post
Ok, replace Guastad with Stafford or Roy and the Wings might consider it.
ok.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Jimbo7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleLeino View Post
Regehr is worth a 1st at the deadline....Look at the price teams are paying..
I'd be ok with changing the 2nd to a 1st. Some Wings fans might balk at that price, but a move like this would really put them over the top IMO. Another point to consider is Stuart possibly moving out west. If that story is true Regehr is a nice replacement for next year.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
I talked to a buffalo buddy of mine and from what i gathered from him about Regehr this year, i'll pass.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Havok89

Regehr's not getting traded, and I believe Gaustad will be traded to the highest bidder.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote