HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto/Pitt/Columbus

Old
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
mpp9

vCash: 500
To Tampa: Martin

To Toronto: Malone+Tangradi

To Pittsburgh: Kulemin

I don't see why that's bad for any team involved. Malone still has some hockey left and when his wheels fall off, Tangradi will have been given a chance under Burke.

Tampa may ask for a different D-man but they could use top 4 talent nonetheless. Moving Malone for a solid piece on D is decent value. Carter Ashton may end up in their lineup sooner than later.

Kulemin needs no explanation why he'd fit here.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
is that all you have to post?

How bout trying a counter offer. Kulemin has 6 GOALS this year bud. His stock isnt exactly high right now. I can understand why Toronto would not want to sell low, but to suggest prospects like Tangradi, Harrington & draft picks are garbage is stupid
Kulemin has one more point than Umberger despite being ridiculed for not producing. Plus Kulemin's defensive ability, this isn't even up for discussion.

And look at the proposal again before you call anything stupid. Leafs give up 2nd + 3rd for Tangradi?

Like I said, that's garbage.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

I'd definately do the Kadri + Kulemin deal for Carter, but Umberger does nothing for Toronto, and definately not interested in moving Kulemin + picks for him and Tangradi. Doesn't help Toronto in the least.

I don't care if Carter is a shoot first player, because Kessel is an amazing passer and needs a center with more finish than Bozak (love him, but screws up so many Kessel passes).

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
Kulemin has more points than Umberger despite being ridiculed for not producing. Plus Kulemin's defensive ability, this isn't even up for discussion.

And look at the proposal again before you call anything stupid. Leafs give up 2nd + 3rd for Tangradi?

Like I said, that's garbage.
Umberger holds more value than Kulemin. But take out the 2nd if you feel otherwise. Tangradi is worth at least a 3rd.

But thank you for actually giving an opinion.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post

I don't see why that's bad for any team involved. Malone still has some hockey left and when his weeks fall off, Tangradi will have been given a chance under Burke.

Tampa may ask for a different D-man but they could use top 4 talent nonetheless. Moving Malone for a solid piece on D is decent value. Carter Ashton may end up in their lineup sooner than later.

Toronto doesn't want/need either of those players. Especially with Malones huge cap hit. It doesn't make any sense for Toronto.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Umberger holds more value than Kulemin.
really. you'll stand by this?

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Toronto doesn't want/need either of those players. Especially with Malones huge cap hit. It doesn't make any sense for Toronto.
There were rumors rather recently that Burke was in on Malone. He's a bit overpaid but 4.5 mil/year is what guys of his skillset get in free agency. Look at Laich and Umberger.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:41 AM
KIRK

Quote:

I don't see why that's bad for any team involved. Malone still has some hockey left and when his weeks fall off, Tangradi will have been given a chance under Burke.

I don't think Toronto fans are going to be very happy with that one. Just a gut feeling, but it is an interesting deal:

Malone adds toughness over Kulemin but isn't the defensive player Kulemin is. Malone also would make that Toronto PP a ***** to defend. Tangradi offers that 'future' chip. I just don't see Burke loving that contract. Then again, Kulemin probably will cost him 2 yrs, 6M in the summer, and you don't know whether he'll recapture his scoring form from last season.

Tampa moves a contract that's too heavy and for a guy often injured on offense for a defenseman who's play right now doesn't match the cap hit. Then again, Tampa needs defense, and it's not as if they're going to have an easy time attracting top four guys over the summer, not without significant overpayments.

Pittsburgh moves Martin for Kulemin . . . interesting. I'd do it, although I think a lot of Pens fans will balk.

Personally, I think Pittsburgh needs to send a 2nd to Toronto to even if out.

Quote:
I didn't think so either. Then again, as noted above, if you want toughness, then Malone has it in spades. As good as Kulemin is at parking his rear in front of the net on the PP, Malone is an absolute nightmare (your PP would be even sicker, with that Malone screen and all those good shooters all over the ice). Kulemin's next deal likely will be for 1.5M less per year, so yeah I wouldn't want the contract, even with Tangradi and a 2nd from Pittsburgh added. But, yours is a team looking for toughness up front and guys who have experience as playoff warriors and leaders, no?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
There were rumors rather recently that Burke was in on Malone. He's a bit overpaid but 4.5 mil/year is what guys of his skillset get in free agency. Look at Laich and Umberger.
You don't get it though, Toronto has way too many guys with inflated cap hits. You want to trade us Malone? Expect someone like Connolly, Komisarek, Lombardi, or Armstrong as the return. If we were in on Malone it was before we acquired Connolly and Lombardi. From a cap perspective it makes zero sense to acquire Malone without dealing one of the aforementioned players in return.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
really. you'll stand by this?
Umberger can play all three forward positions in the top 9 and is a decent #2C. He's more proven offensively and signed long term.

Kulemin has tremendous upside but I dont buy he's a 30+ goal guy season to season. Umberger is money for 55-60 Pts. His down season is going to be viewed as an abberation, Kule's down season can be argued either way.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:48 AM
KIRK

Quote:
You don't get it though, Toronto has way too many guys with inflated cap hits. You want to trade us Malone? Expect someone like Connolly, Komisarek, Lombardi, or Armstrong as the return. If we were in on Malone it was before we acquired Connolly and Lombardi. From a cap perspective it makes zero sense to acquire Malone without dealing one of the aforementioned players in return.
Well, then the question is whether Tampa would need either Connolly or Lombardi. If they're moving Malone, then they'll need a forward (and Lombardi has just one year left), and Martin, if you think about it, replaces Kubina on the roster.

To TB: Lombardi, Martin

To TOR: Malone, Tangradi, Pit 2nd

To PIT: Kulemin

EDIT: I'm not sure that this deal is better for Toronto than the one without Lombari. I guess it is in that you move a superfluous 3.5M cap hit next year. One other thing: If you worry about how Malone will mesh with Grabo, ask yourself what center Malone enjoyed his most success with. This guy has played with Crosby, Malkin, LeCavalier, and Stamkos. Who's Malone had his most success with, and isn't it interesting that this guys playing style is the guy Grabo most resembles from those four?

Old
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
mpp9

Quote:
That's fair. Maybe Lombardi can be moved. IMO Burke may be willing to take a chance on acquiring a guy like Malone if all other talks fall through. Standing pat at the deadline would be a mistake for the leafs IMO. Adding size on the wing with your speed already in place would make for a deadly attack and sustained pressure.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
KIRK

Quote:
That's fair. Maybe Lombardi can be moved. IMO Burke may be willing to take a chance on acquiring a guy like Malone if all other talks fall through. Standing pat at the deadline would be a mistake for the leafs IMO. Adding size on the wing with your speed already in place would make for a deadly attack and sustained pressure.
Just said this . . . then again, Toronto probably can make the deal without involving Pittsburgh. He probably could move Lombardi or Connolly and a pick/prospect to get Malone, the idea being that TB bites because they're replacing Malone's 3 year hit with a 1 year hit.