HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps Canes 730pm in Carolina

Old
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
tmljeh19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdergirl View Post
I agree...I'd rather keep Brouwer and dump Hamrlik. Ward has been a disappointment, but trading isn't just about getting rid of dead weight...people have to WANT them, so you can just trade off your crap and expect to get anything back in return. and I agree with the person who said Mojo could come back to be a Cap killer if traded. Our young guys are exactly that...young. They're not bad, considering, and will only get better. Hamrlik skates lazily to me. But I disagree....teams with goalies who are hot get a confidence boost all around, so yes, getting a better goalie could have a positive affect on the whole team. Sorry if you disagree with that, but it's true.
The goalie isnt the problem. For as much as I hate Neuvy, the problem is the people in front of him. Carlson is as dumb as a brink. Mojo isn't cut out to be a C which he was drafted to be and he isn't that good of a winger either. They both have value currently. The Caps have a plethora of two things, young defensemen and wingers. If you want to make a trade you deal from a surplus not a weakness. Mojo and Carlson would yield a very good return. Too bad our GM is too much of a ***** to actually make a trade to improve this team.

tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:25 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Nor should he in that case. He has pretty much continued the Incompetence we saw from Bruce. Or a least he hasn't been able to correct the stupidity Bruce engrained in them.
Yes it's still Bruce's fault. Look at the ducks. Playing so stupid.....

Unreal people still think this is Bruce.... it's the lack of Bruce and the lack of a team

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Nice looking egg we are laying here... I'm afraid to read this thread.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Don't forget trading Neuvy, Mojo, and Carlson!!!
GMGM is that you? Hoarding all your nuts and afraid to improve this team. You sound just as dumb as him.

tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roughing

Team needs a real coach. OV needs to lose the C.

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
If this team missed the playoffs, why in the freaking world would you want Hunter back?
Didn't say I did , just pointing out that chances are he wasn't coming back, then again Georgie boy makes a lot decision no one wants

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
wreckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
This team is a reflection of its Captain. To much Rock Star, not enough rock breaker.
this.

i wish ovy would undertsand the optics of wearing the C better. roenick just gave a great example of it on the intermission show

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
Fire Boudreau!!
Bwahahahahah!

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CapsCast

Ovechkin just floated on the backcheck and let them have a 3-2 on Nodl's goal. He's the Captain and he's not even trying.

Sadly, the Caps are doomed...

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Have no fear folks. I just put on my lucky Caps shirt (the one I bought before the Pens series 3 years ago). Let the come back commence!

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
What's driving me more insane than anything else are the decisions this team is making with the puck...so much stupid it's dumbfounding.....weak passes , icing the puck under no pressure...shooting when there's no one at the net, passing when there is someone screening....
I agree. Too bad we don't have LTIR for stupid. I believe another poster is right in terming the Caps this year, the Keystone Caps. As a fan I want to make the playoffs, but they really look like they don't want anything but a pay check. I know they are down a key piece with injury, but some teams usually rally with those things. Carolina is playing good hockey and I have to give them that.

Lets say we make a move before or on the deadline. That is a lot of games to get chemistry working. This is the point in the season where those laughable losses would have made a difference. The games that stick out in my mind are the loss to Colorado, Buffalo AHL team, and of course the last Winnipeg game.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sunnydaycrash

Sooooooo how about them Caps

Old
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
apollo71426

comeback time!

apollo71426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

What was OV doing on that 3rd goal?

If he isn't to kill 53 or score some goals... I dont know

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
GMGM is that you? Hoarding all your nuts and afraid to improve this team. You sound just as dumb as him.
You're right.

Let's go get Jagr!!!

Old
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt1355 View Post
Ovechkin just floated on the backcheck and let them have a 3-2 on Nodl's goal. He's the Captain and he's not even trying.

Sadly, the Caps are doomed...
He poke-checked Brouwer to cause the 3-on-2

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

I've been defending Ovi less and less over the last year and a half, but I'm dangerously close to not being able to defend him whatsoever anymore.

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
artilector

Well... if this gets the brass to give up on the playoffs-at-all-costs idea, could be a blessing in disguise.

But painful to watch, that's for sure. The Caps owned the Canes until recently, too.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
If they hadn't already fired a coach this year...this game would be pretty excellent material.
This should be the one that gets the GM fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
Blow up this team
This team doesn't need to be blown up. It needs a coach with a proven track record and a new GM.

GMGM has put together a decent team. He has then proceeded to name 4 consecutive coaches that have had not only 0 NHL head coaching experience but if memory serves, they have a combined 0 NHL coaching experience period. Yes BB had great regular season success. He also had 0 playoff success.

That is a failure of management and this year it should cost GMGM his job. My fear is that he is going to make a panic trade and we'll lose some assets that would help next year.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I agree. Too bad we don't have LTIR for stupid. I believe another poster is right in terming the Caps this year, the Keystone Caps. As a fan I want to make the playoffs, but they really look like they don't want anything but a pay check. I know they are down a key piece with injury, but some teams usually rally with those things. Carolina is playing good hockey and I have to give them that.

Lets say we make a move before or on the deadline. That is a lot of games to get chemistry working. This is the point in the season where those laughable losses would have made a difference. The games that stick out in my mind are the loss to Colorado, Buffalo AHL team, and of course the last Winnipeg game.
Agreed.....but it scares the **** out of me to have GMGM make a trade in panic mode only to have them miss the playoffs.....i say let em sink or swim with what they have.....minus Wideman who's value is way too high not to trade especially when they're not going to re-sign him

Old
02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
G3 LesPaul

Caps should draft RGIII

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Ted is going to make a blog post tomorrow saying we had some bad bounces, but we're still a great time right there in playoff contention.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokeyhighlander View Post
I've been defending Ovi less and less over the last year and a half, but I'm dangerously close to not being able to defend him whatsoever anymore.
I'm getting there. I am going to give him another year. I have given him some slack this year due to his hitting other players. I completely agree with Kolzig's comments. I also agree with Malkin said earlier in the season about practice, practice, practice. I am no Malkin fan, but what he said was spot on.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
This should be the one that gets the GM fired.

This team doesn't need to be blown up. It needs a coach with a proven track record and a new GM.

GMGM has put together a decent team. He has then proceeded to name 4 consecutive coaches that have had not only 0 NHL head coaching experience but if memory serves, they have a combined 0 NHL coaching experience period. Yes BB had great regular season success. He also had 0 playoff success.

That is a failure of management and this year it should cost GMGM his job. My fear is that he is going to make a panic trade and we'll lose some assets that would help next year.
Winner.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote