HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Previous Thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1106697

Continue on...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-20-2012, 02:50 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

vCash: 500
Right now I don't care what happens...so long as we don't overpay too much... ANYTHING to kick start that roster...

Besides...I think the most dead of the weights are

Penner
Stoll
Richardson
Hunter
Moreau

I'm sure some team would love to overpay for these guys...

Old
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Dave Taylor tried to save his job when he dealt Denis Grebeshkov and Jeff Tambellini to the Islanders for Mark Parrish (who was set to become a UFA) and Brent Sopel. The Kings ended up missing the playoffs and Dave Taylor lost his job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2360134
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=228726

Let's see if we see a repeat of this with Dean Lombardi trying to save his job and try to get the Kings into the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Winger23

If the rumors are true, it's a very high price to pay, but imo it's worth it. The Kings have already proven they can not acquire high profiled names in free agency. Bernier is and will always be a back up here to quick. Johnson is a very skilled defensemen, but its the one area the Kings are really deep in and with Voynov currently sitting in the minors it would not hurt as bad as one might think. Lotki is the one that will hurt the most to lose imo, as his upside is really high. However, he hasn't proven anything yet and you are seriously upgrading that roster spot replacing him with Nash.

The Kings can pick up a 2nd line player in FA but they can't pick up a 1st liner. Just won't happen. I still don't think Nash is going to fix the problems this team has as its the system and style of play more than it is the players.

IMO this season is already down the toilet. Getting Nash in here, new management with a new style of play and I think this team takes off with the right pickups in the off season to add back the depth this team was suppose to have.

I know many with disagree with me, just my opinion.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Shellz

Dustin Brown also called out himself. There is no stirring the pot. If anybody can call out his team along with himself,'the captain can. Nothing to see here

Old
02-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What do you guys think of a move involving Dustin Brown to the New York Rangers in exchange for Derek Stepan, one of Chris Kreider or J.T. Miller, and New York's 1st round pick in 2012 or 2013?

It might look like a big loss now, but Stepan and one of Kreider or Miller could be two very productive top six forwards who could be part of a young core. The Kings could then look to move other assets to bring in another bonafide top six forward and possibly look at free agency to acquire another forward to round out their offense.

Then again, I'm not sure the Rangers would make such a move and I could be overvaluing Dustin Brown...
I'd be against it, but I wouldn't slam the phone down or anything. Honestly, that would probably be the best possible return for Brown.

I just have a feeling we are going to end up with Nash or Carter. Wouldn't mind either, but hopefully we don't severely hurt ourselves in the process. The only positive is that our core and assets are still strong, even if we make the deal, whatever happens to the organization in the offseason, we would have two star centers, one star winger, one star defenseman, and one star goaltender. Not to mention decent prospect depth backing them up, at least enough assets to tweak other various things around the roster. We are in desperate mode for this season; but overall as the organizations sits, we aren't looking that bad. Another GM and coaching staff could get a lot out of this group if Lombardi and Sutter don't re-evaluate their philosophies.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Dave Taylor tried to save his job when he dealt Denis Grebeshkov and Jeff Tambellini to the Islanders for Mark Parrish (who was set to become a UFA) and Brent Sopel. The Kings ended up missing the playoffs and Dave Taylor lost his job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2360134
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=228726

Let's see if we see a repeat of this with Dean Lombardi trying to save his job and try to get the Kings into the playoffs.

Are we positive that not being in the playoffs will equate to Dean losing his job? I'm not terribly convinced.

Old
johnjm22

Dean is gonna squander even more assets, in an attempt to fix the problems created by employing the wrong coaching staff for the job.

Old
theMajor

i hope DL stays cool and waits to make a move in the off-season. the current roster is more than capable of putting up 3+ goals a game, they just need DL/Sutter to light a fire under their *****. theres no excuse for the way theyve been playing

Old
Shellz

Love the quotes from Sutter about Brown that Mayors is posting.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:02 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
This is the angriest I've seen Sutter as our coach. He's ripping Kopitar now! As he should

Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Are we positive that not being in the playoffs will equate to Dean losing his job? I'm not terribly convinced.
He either will, or he would have a gun to his head entering next season. If we dip at all, then the management staff will get a cleaning. Hopefully they wouldn't just hand the keys to Hextall, who I feel could be too much in sync with Lombardi.

Old
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Those guys were UFA. Nash is signed for a long time and is only 27. I wouldn't expect the returns to be the same. If Nash was a UFA I'd be very against this ha.
That's true, too. I just feel like it's way too much for the Kings to give up when overall team and organizational depth isn't exactly the franchise's strong point.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
This is the angriest I've seen Sutter as our coach. He's ripping Kopitar now! As he should
Could you guys link to them? I'd be curious to read this...

Old
02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
That's true, too. I just feel like it's way too much for the Kings to give up when overall team and organizational depth isn't exactly the franchise's strong point.
I don't think the top end talent is where it needs to be either. The Kings will need more talent if they are going to change their system imo.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I can't post them but just go to...www.twitter.com/mayorNHL

Old
02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Trading Brown is a mistake. It only perpetuates the problem of looking at 3-4 guys to carry the whole team offense and then punishing them for not doing so.

This team has a depth problem. Not a core problem. Keep Brown, Kopitar, etc, etc.

GET BETTER DEPTH.

If you trade Brown all you are doing is weakening a top 6 which is by all intents and purpose already weak due to lack of support.

Foxy kind of said it the other night. It's not really fair that when one line, the Kopitar, Brown, Williams line has off nights, or slumps that the whole team can't score. ONE line producing all year doesn't cut it.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:07 PM
KingNick07

We are not getting Parise or any other first line winger in the off season. It's just not happening. Players of that caliber would rather be elsewhere.

Bernier, Jack, Lokti and pick for Nash sounds good to me.

We can find a back up, if not now then in the off season.
Voynov has more upside than Jack.
Lotki is not meant to be a 3rd line center anyway. We have Stoll for that.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
SuperAlmeida

I'm wondering if CBJ would take Loktionov since he's a Russian?

Old
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Defense and goaltending depth are the strong point though. Muzzin, Hickey, Forbort, VV, my boy Deslauriers. Jones, Zatkoff, Gibson. Those guys can replace JJ and Bernier without a huge dropoff. Then Nash goes in for Lokti, and we hang on to Toffoli. The deal is a ton to give up and I wish we could do it for less. But if that's what it takes, it makes us a better team both now and for the next 5 years IMO.

Old
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
From the Mayor's Twitter page:

Quote:
#LAKings Sutter says that Dustin Brown is a straight ahead power player - shoot, hit people - 'When he gets away from that, not effective'

Quote:
#LAKings Sutter calling out his top guys today - 'These guys talk too much about the team. They should talk more about themselves(continued)

Quote:
...and what they bring to the table. If they were in any other in environment, they would (have to answer) for their production.

Quote:
#LAKings coach Sutter on Anze Kopitar - He needs to bring more energy and more purpose when he has the puck.'

Quote:
More Sutter on 11 - 'It's not that he's playing poorly. If you didn't look at him as a high end offensive player he's playing well enough...

Quote:
...in the three zones. But, when he has the puck in the offensive zone, he has to be a lot more determined and purpose player.' (Sutter)

Old
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

We have the assets to acquire the likes of Carter, Nash, AK, Semin etc., so, let's get 'er done.

I have no emotional attachment to any of the kings players since Simmer's departure (well maybe JQ), so, don't be gun shy DL.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
It's overpayment, but it is not as devastating for this organization as many think it is. Loktionov will likely never be a top 6 center for us, he will either be converted to wing or traded anyway. We are ridiculous at defense and have a cheaper option with Voynov waiting right behind Johnson. Won't be the same player and has less potential, but he has shown that he can be more mobile and a better option in the defensive zone while putting up similar numbers. Bernier is obviously heading out the door anyways, would be better for us to deal him next season, but if the player is available now and you gotta pull the trigger, then you gotta do it (depending on if Dean is certain this is the player of players that he wants to go all-in and risk his livelihood with).

Of course, it all depends on what the other pluses are from either side, but the deal isn't as destructive as many believe it to be. It is just a hell of a lot to pay, but it is an elite goal scorer/power forward who is signed long term, at albeit a high price, but one that still fits LA's salary structure. If I were presented with the deal, I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't blame Lombardi for doing it or be all that upset. Regardless of HFBoard fan opinion of Nash, he is still a star winger in the NHL, and we would have a good team in 2013, that either this or new management could turn into a contender.

The biggest change has to start with the staff/management though. They need to admit that they need to change their tactics, attitudes, and philosophies first or else we will end up with proof in the pudding with a franchise 40 goal scoring winger who is on pace for 15 goals in a beleaguered system.

Old
johnjm22

Sutter calling out his top guys today - "These guys talk too much about the team. They should talk more about themselves and what they bring to the table. If they were in any other in environment, they would (have to answer) for their production. Kopi and Brownie have been stale."

Sutter on Anze Kopitar - "He needs to bring more energy and more purpose when he has the puck. It's not that he's playing poorly. If you didn't look at him as a high end offensive player he's playing well enough in the three zones. But, when he has the puck in the offensive zone, he has to be a lot more determined and purpose player."

Old
funky

I hate saying this as it sends shivers down my spine, but I can't help feeling we may lose Quick in a year. Do we roll the dice and trade arguable our saving grace this year? Some Pro's and Cons to think about

Pro's

1 his value has never been higher
2 numerous good teams looking for a stud goalie
3 we don't risk losing him for nothing
4 we don't pay a goalie 5 to 7 mil a year
5 we have Bernier ready to move into that spot
6 A lot of decent vets out there at a good price to help JB if he should stumble

Cons

1 he is our Mr Everything
2 he has a competitive edge
3 top 5 goalie in the NHL
4 dirt cheap contract next year
5 finally a homegrown legit star goalie

Now at this point I want to keep him. I want him locked up for the next 7 years. I just don't know if he wants to be here and at. What price.

He would fetch us a star winger, I really don't want to trade him but should we?

On a side note does JJ not look like he is turning the corner? If people are mad at what the boys are doing in Philly, and Moulsen in NY, could you imagine the backlash when JJ turns into a star elsewhere!

Closed Thread