HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Seems like Phoenix wants to get better. Kings snoozing again.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
The Kings are going to do something by the deadline. I wouldn't criticize for inactivity. Our lack of second rounders is going to hinder what can be done as well.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Kopitar, Bernier, and Voynov for Stamkos

Old
02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Johnny Utah

Kings can easily flip Penner, Stoll, Richardson for picks...

Old
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Duc620

Maybe Tonelli's Ghost has been right all along? It's under the radar and it's really Vanek.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:52 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Kings can easily flip Penner, Stoll, Richardson for picks...
And they should, and then package those picks for an upgraded roster player.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Theav8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
And they should, and then package those picks for an upgraded roster player.
Agree...but maybe DL is waiting to cement a player or two via trade, and then will move those guys for picks.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theav8tr View Post
Agree...but maybe DL is waiting to cement a player or two via trade, and then will move those guys for picks.
He may need those picks to cement those players.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He may need those players to cement those deals. What if he trades Stoll for picks and then the receiving team wants a 3rd line roster player back and we don't have one to spare and they don't want Richardson or Penner. The deals are complex, we can always talk with other teams, see if they are interested in our players for picks, and have those deals at the ready while we look into our own. Easier to get the picks when we need them rather than deal the players first which is irreversible.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-22-2012, 05:21 PM
John Beckwith
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I can see it happening.

LA has at least 10 NHL-ready defensemen.
  1. Doughty
  2. Johnson
  3. Scuderi
  4. Mitchell
  5. Greene
  6. Martinez
  7. Voynov
  8. Drewiske
  9. Muzzin
  10. Hickey

Trading two of them away from some huge upgrades on offense is a great idea.
Sorry, I really don't see the kings going with 2 of Drewiske, Muzzin (11 NHL games experience), or Hickey ( 0 NHL games experience) in the middle of a playoff race. Obviously, they will most likely have to trade 1 of either JJ, Alec, or Slava to get an offensive upgrade. I don't see many scenarios where they deal 2 of them. Now if they deal 1 of them along with say Hickey or Muzzin, I can see that happening.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Kopitar, Bernier, and Voynov for Stamkos
Voynov is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I can see it happening.

LA has at least 10 NHL-ready defensemen.
  1. Doughty
  2. Johnson
  3. Scuderi
  4. Mitchell
  5. Greene
  6. Martinez
  7. Voynov
  8. Drewiske
  9. Muzzin
  10. Hickey

Trading two of them away from some huge upgrades on offense is a great idea.
Not in my NHL. That's 7 NHL ready defensenmen, one wannabe NHL Dman, one AHL Dman and one who-knows if NHL ready Dman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Anyone who has a NMC of some sort(other than Smyth, but he's weird, he actually wants to play in Edmonton), you have to figure wouldn't choose the Kings as a team they would want to go to.

Free agents that get to pick where they go, aren't going to come out here either. The only thing the Kings have over any other team would be money. Even if the Kings were a true contender, there are contenders in the east too. The top level free agents have no reason to sign way out in LA, unless the Kings offer a lot more money. Which is difficult to do when you're going against the Rangers, Flyers, or Bruins.

For a guy like Nash, no matter where he plays, he's going to be making the same amount of money for the next few years. Since he gets to choose where he goes, or happily stays in Columbus, there's little reason to think he would want to be here. Not because the Kings are terrible offensively, or are a black hole team, or any of that. It's just geography.
One of the most realistic posts in this thread. I would say that Kings offense DOES have something to do with star forwards not willing to come here 2 years before their last contract negotiation.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Maybe Tonelli's Ghost has been right all along? It's under the radar and it's really Vanek.
I only know that we have been kicking the tires.

Other than that your guess or anyone else's is as good as mine.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Face Wash

Not Sure DL is thinking this way, but if he's trading away roster players, based on the deadline and schedule he may want to make his move on Thursday so he doesn't lose man games at a crucial time. Of course, he may not be in control of that either.

Most coaches want at least one practice with a player before they're inserted into the lineup, Trade tomorrow will allow the new player into the lineup for Saturday. If not, it could get a little hairy with two game back to back road trip coming up.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Theav8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Not Sure DL is thinking this way, but if he's trading away roster players, based on the deadline and schedule he may want to make his move on Thursday so he doesn't lose man games at a crucial time. Of course, he may not be in control of that either.

Most coaches want at least one practice with a player before they're inserted into the lineup, Trade tomorrow will allow the new player into the lineup for Saturday. If not, it could get a little hairy with two game back to back road trip coming up.
Great point...and with the deadline on Monday and the Kings in Nashville, it might be tough to move a couple of roster players out that day and not be able to get those players traded for on the ice that night. So he might have to look to make a move Thursday or Friday, but like you said, someone like CBJ, may control the timing of the move...to eek out every last value as possible...you know...someone calling at the 11th hour and saying "deal" and over paying through the A$$ in a panic move...

I just hope we do the right thing. And I am not even sure I know what that is at this point. This team has confused the pi$$ out of me!!!

Old
02-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Nex06

A question. Can a team say: "We will do this deal, but only if player X says he is ok with the trade to our team." Player X having no clauses, of course.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
A question. Can a team say: "We will do this deal, but only if player X says he is ok with the trade to our team." Player X having no clauses, of course.
No. They can't speak to the player at all and the team they are trading with isn't going to relay messages between the two. The only thing that can be done is if the team trading for the player asks for negotiating rights and talks to the player themselves.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:34 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

I just hope Carter's performance the other night didn't raise his value too much. I still am really hoping we get him. He is exactly the type of player we need and there's no way he won't be excited beyond belief to be reunited with his best friend again. Do it Deano!

Old
02-22-2012, 06:43 PM
kingsfan25

Minor tidbit: Bob McKenzie was on TSN Radio today. He again mentioned LA as a team that he thought could put together one of the two best packages for Rick Nash; however, toward the end of the interview, he said that he didn't think the Kings would end up landing Nash and would need to decide, like everyone else, whether or not they can stomach Carter's ten years as a Plan B.

Significant, I think, because Bob McKenzie has been the primary proponent of the Kings as a Nash frontrunner since news broke that he was on the block.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:47 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Minor tidbit: Bob McKenzie was on TSN Radio today. He again mentioned LA as a team that he thought could put together one of the two best packages for Rick Nash; however, toward the end of the interview, he said that he didn't think the Kings would end up landing Nash and would need to decide, like everyone else, whether or not they can stomach Carter's ten years as a Plan B.

Significant, I think, because Bob McKenzie has been the primary proponent of the Kings as a Nash frontrunner since news broke that he was on the block.
Gotta believe that AEG will think long and hard about taking on Carter's contract...he'll still be around long after Lombardi is gone.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post

I think he has allowed them in the discussion, but I don't think we were a frontrunner according to McKenzie. It kind of goes hand-in-hand with what Kypreos is saying, that LA is going nuts offering the best package but Nash won't waive. I am happy with that. Carter is higher on my list than Nash, always has been though I have argued favorably for both.

Nash is probably the best fit philosophically, but I think Carter is the best fit practically. He is purely what we need, a goal scoring sniper. He comes at a better price which still allows us to be active in the offseason and still sign Quick. Nash would allow us to sign Quick, but we couldn't be as active. With Carter, we could still go after someone like Parise, or even add another sniper like Semin, or we could trade for solid bottom 6 depth.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

I could be wrong, but if there are suitors for Carter with 10 years left on his deal... let's say he isn't working out 3 seasons from now. We can't possibly find a suitor with 6-7 years left on his deal with that cap hit? Unless I'm missing something I don't see how the term of that deal is an absolute albatross for us (especially if the cap ceiling goes up).

Old
02-22-2012, 06:55 PM
bobafettish*

i dont care if we dont land nash carter or vanek. just get the damn dead weight of this team already.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Gotta believe that AEG will think long and hard about taking on Carter's contract...he'll still be around long after Lombardi is gone.
McKenzie also made what I think is an excellent point on Carter. Underneath all those years and off-ice whispers is a very reasonable cap hit and a consistently prolific goal-scorer.

Much as the length and how it may potentially handicap the team down the road should be considered, I don't think we'll be disappointed with what he brings on the ice.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Scottkmlps

I got this awful feeling Dean is going to end up with Hemsky.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:01 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Not in my NHL. That's 7 NHL ready defensenmen, one wannabe NHL Dman, one AHL Dman and one who-knows if NHL ready Dman.
There's a difference between NHL-ready and NHL-quality.

I think any of those 10 players could be playing in the NHL right now. Unfortunately for the ones at the bottom of the list, LA has a logjam of talent at the D position.

IMHO, Martinez, Muzzin, and Drewiske could easily start on nearly any other team in the league, including LA (if needed).

But if you want to keep hiding those players in the AHL, and ignore that they could be traded for some scoring help, then that's an opinion were going to have agree to disagree on.

Closed Thread