HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 11:18 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
So how about this?

Parise-Richards-Williams
Pominville-Staal-Toffoli/Kozun/Vey
Tangradi-Loktionov-Moller
Cliffird-Richardson-Prust

No Holloway for me. Sorry....
You sure are an optimist Unfortunately Brown won't get you Pominville, let alone Pominville and a first. And Kopitar won't get Staal. And obviously Parise isn't coming to LA. The bottom six looks even worse than now, and I'd hate to see how our d-group looks after moving Johnson, Scuderi and Martinez.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Old
02-23-2012, 11:24 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Minor tidbit: Bob McKenzie was on TSN Radio today. He again mentioned LA as a team that he thought could put together one of the two best packages for Rick Nash; however, toward the end of the interview, he said that he didn't think the Kings would end up landing Nash and would need to decide, like everyone else, whether or not they can stomach Carter's ten years as a Plan B.

Significant, I think, because Bob McKenzie has been the primary proponent of the Kings as a Nash frontrunner since news broke that he was on the block.
Anything Bob says is significant. He doesn't just pick names/teams/ideas from a hat like most of the others, or piggyback off rumours like Dreger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
I could be wrong, but if there are suitors for Carter with 10 years left on his deal... let's say he isn't working out 3 seasons from now. We can't possibly find a suitor with 6-7 years left on his deal with that cap hit? Unless I'm missing something I don't see how the term of that deal is an absolute albatross for us (especially if the cap ceiling goes up).

It would depend on how bad he isn't working out, but yeah, I agree. Even a 20-25 goal carter would fetch a return because the contract's actual dollar value starts to drop towards the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
So you're saying there is a chance?
Dumb & Dumber. Best movie ever (outside of Quest for the Holy Grail).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Roenick can go **** a pop-tart.
I always love your posts LBFF. Keep 'em comin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think some of you are selling Okposo short, he's worth more than a bottom pairing dman.
Agreed. I don't like the idea of what the cost for Okposo might be, but to me he's a lot like a watered down version of Iginla. He plays hard, has good skill and skates decent. He just doesn't score 35-40 a season and takes some games off. Iggy did too at that age though.

If we could get Okposo for no more than Voynov, I'd be ok with it.

That said, I'd be surprised if NYI actually deals him this year. His actual salary is $1 million this year and just $2 million next year. After that it goes up until it hits $4.5 million in teh final year. I could see him being dealt in a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post

Based on what some veterans have been moved for I would like LA to trade Scuderi back to PITT for a 1st rd pick or Tangradi and a 2nd.
While I wouldn't tarde Scuds right now, I'd love to get Tangradi. I think he might go real cheap too. I wonder if Pittsburgh would do a SToll/Tangradi del? I think they might if they need forward depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
I think the NBC crew showed a table last night suggesting they're within the bottom 5 of all time low scoring teams going back decades.
They did. We had a 2.07 GPG entering the game. The lowest in the last 60 years is 1.84 by Tampa Bay in 1997-98. Minnesota at 2.05 GPG was the fifth lowest. After last nights game, our GPG is at 2.05 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
FWIW, JJ is now a -90.

Will he get to -100 in a Kings uniform, or will he be traded?
That -90 ties him for the 5th lowest total in Kings history with Gilles Marotte. The only ones below him are John Kelly (-97), Doug Smith (-104), William Flett (-107), and Mark Hardy (-116). Surprised Hardy is the lowest, but he did play on some bad teams. Both Smith and Flett played fewer games with LA than Johnson though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Trade:

- Brown
For Jason Pominville and a 1st round Pick
Yeah, so not going to happen. You should post that on Buffalo's board if you're cold, because you'd get flamed badly.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Can you guys really imagine DL making a panic move and gut themselves for one player? Even if his job is truly on the line, Dl is more the type to go down fighting on his terms than to violate his own principles.

I have no problem imagining the deadline passing with no Nash move. Possibly Carter, but we would have to outbid a few other teams to get that done.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

A Philly reporter is suggesting that the Kings and Rangers are the two likely suitors to land Ales Hemsky from Edmonton.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
ZJames

Quote:
A Philly reporter is suggesting that the Kings and Rangers are the two likely suitors to land Ales Hemsky from Edmonton.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I really hate the idea of Hemsky. He has talent, but he is the definition of injury prone, a rental, not a goal scorer, and just a bad fit for us all around.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Fat Elvis

If DL's panic move is Hemsky I'm going to puke. I'd rather he don't do a gawd damn thing, than get another "playmaker" make of balsa wood. Grumpy

Old
02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
We don't have Pride, Passion, or Power at this point.

2012 is the year of "No Pride, No Passion, No Power"

would love to see like 50 shirts made up with this on it. then all 50 people sit behind the Kings bench at Staples. perhaps it would light a damn fire under their ass. even if they don't like DL, BFF and the other coaches.....then play for each other and play for the fans. at least know that the other guys on the roster and the fans got your back, but show it every shift, every period, every game. play for just those two things and suddenly the world can turn over for them

Old
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
I would imagine that AEG will only allow Dean to acquire an UFA-to-be and Hemsky might be the player available. Nash and Carter would be too much salary, especailly if AEG wants to leave room for the next GM to overhaul the roster/coaches.

I wonder how much money AEG will owe to Dean and the coaching staff if they are all fired. Didn't they all sign 2 year extentions over the summer?

Old
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Still...Hemsky's almost as bad as Pancakes...and we should prove that by sending his short stack back to the Oilers for Hemsky...straight up...

Old
02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Still...Hemsky's almost as bad as Pancakes...and we should prove that by sending his short stack back to the Oilers for Hemsky...straight up...
Maybe Penner just misses Hemsky...he could be the key to it all.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
2012 is the year of "No Pride, No Passion, No Power"

would love to see like 50 shirts made up with this on it. then all 50 people sit behind the Kings bench at Staples. perhaps it would light a damn fire under their ass. even if they don't like DL, BFF and the other coaches.....then play for each other and play for the fans. at least know that the other guys on the roster and the fans got your back, but show it every shift, every period, every game. play for just those two things and suddenly the world can turn over for them
Would it have this design...or something similar???

Old
02-23-2012, 11:47 AM
DeeMeck

Quote:
These things are only said because it makes sense for all the teams involved.

I find it funny that rumor sites like Ek garner so many hits that even respectable journalists make their own rumors just to get hits now. Everybody is in on the rumor mill these days, because they know the fans eat it up.

It;s just like saying that the Lightning and the Islanders are the 2 likely suitors for Bernier. It's not rocket science. They just want hits.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:48 AM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
You sure are an optimist Unfortunately Brown won't get you Pominville, let alone Pominville and a first. And Kopitar won't get Staal. And obviously Parise isn't coming to LA. The bottom six looks even worse than now, and I'd hate to see how our d-group looks after moving Johnson, Scuderi and Martinez.
Then we are screwed! LOL!

I just know we need to change the make up of the team. I am not claiming I am not expert bec I am not.

But I honestly feel we need to break up some of the core. 5 years right? Time for a change.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
damacles1156

Mitchell to Chicago

For

Brandon Saad Or Jeremy Morin +3d Round pick Or 4th.

Stoll to Chicago

For

Andrej Nestrasil + 4th or 5th round Pick.

Penner No idea at this point.

But Mitchell and Stoll could land the Kings some LW prospects.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
These things are only said because it makes sense for all the teams involved.

I find it funny that rumor sites like Ek garner so many hits that even respectable journalists make their own rumors just to get hits now. Everybody is in on the rumor mill these days, because they know the fans eat it up.

It;s just like saying that the Lightning and the Islanders are the 2 likely suitors for Bernier. It's not rocket science. They just want hits.
The reporter did back up his statement by stating that he was told this by another NHL scout from a Western Conference team.

Here's the link to the article, http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...524&feedID=695

Could be speculation from the scout, but at least it is a source from an NHL team employee as opposed to making crap up out of thin air, which a lot of these bloggers tend to do.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413
We are rumored to be after Hemsky. If we get him, I am going to **** in my shoe.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

For the love of God, I hope we don't trade for Hemsky.

There's a reason why Edmonton fans can't wait to trade him. Let's not be the dumb team that makes it happen.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Desperate times call for desperate measures and Dean Lombardi is a desperate man who is trying to save his team (and his job).

Now if he gives up anything significant for a band-aid and temporary solution, then he really is clueless.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
HeadInjury

I'm interested in seeing if Hemsky could mesh with Kopitar as a play making winger Kopitar needs. Better to test it out on a trial (i.e. rental) basis.

The problem is that we would likely pay too much. But if we could get him for Martinez and a B-prospect, I'd like to see what happens. Otherwise pass.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Stay faaaaaar away from Hemsky. I'd rather the team tank then give up assests for him.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I am surprised not to hear rights to Holloway, and especially Moller not mentioned yet.

Moller wants to play in the NHL. He is only not here because he didn't get a one-way deal. I think a guy like Moller will be in the NHL awhile once he gets the deal he wants, and has earned IMO.

Less deserving players like DD44 and Zeiler got them.
Moller hasn't earned ****.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
The reporter did back up his statement by stating that he was told this by another NHL scout from a Western Conference team.

Here's the link to the article, http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...524&feedID=695

Could be speculation from the scout, but at least it is a source from an NHL team employee as opposed to making crap up out of thin air, which a lot of these bloggers tend to do.
Doesn't Panaccio write for Ek?

And it's still only a source from a scout because the writer says it is.

Unnamed sources are very convenient for all involved except the reader.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
We are rumored to be after Hemsky. If we get him, I am going to **** in my shoe.
What goes in, must come out...(re: pastry-gate)

Closed Thread