HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
it seriously sickens me how many of you 'fans' would trade Kopi, Brown, etc. a bad season does not warrant a complete rearranging/destructing of a team. streaks, both bad and good, are part of professional sports. quit it with the arm-chair GM rants and be patient. the goals will come!

Old
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
it seriously sickens me how many of you 'fans' would trade Kopi, Brown, etc. a bad season does not warrant a complete rearranging/destructing of a team. streaks, both bad and good, are part of professional sports. quit it with the arm-chair GM rants and be patient. the goals will come!
Right? As someone else said earlier. If we have other forwards aside from those guys worth a crap then all of a sudden those streaks don't seem so bad.

It's tough on Rick Nash cause he is the only one who produces in CB. But it's also tough on guys like Brown, Kopitar, Williams, Richards who are the ONLY players who produce on this team. I wouldn'tbe surprised if they have scored somewhere around 60-65% of the teams total points right now.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
haha!
What I get out of that is Bernstein is implying that Sanford wouldn't be coming back in a deal involving Cbus/LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
@kingsfan

If he was, would Sutter (who is part of that management) be calling him out?

Kopi is never going to be a 100-point producer.. According to our system, Kopi is not allowed in front of or behind the net. He is stapled to the halfwall because it is a good defensive position.

My point is, you can't call a guy our for lack of offensive production when you are not placing him in a position in the offensive zone to succeed.

He has had 2 bad games like everyone else and is an easy target. The team can't pass or receive passes at this point and everytime there is a golden opportunity it is on the stick of King or Lewis.
As was noted earlier in this thread, Lokitionov can go to the net, why can't Kopitar?

Also, Sutter is a far more experience hockey mind than any of us, and he is the guy implimenting the system and telling the players both what is expected from them in the system as well as how to play the system. If he is calling out Kopitar for not playing the system, he's not playing the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Richards and Gaborik have not meshed at all this year. Richards is a having a very poor statistical year, in general.
Gaborik has played better with Stepan this year. Imagine a Richards/Nash combo followed by Stepan/Gaborik. Pretty nice.

If NYR could something along the lines of Marc Staal, Artem Anisimov, a 1st and a depth guy like Boyle/Rupp/Bickel/Eminger, that'd be pretty comparible to the rumours of what LA is being asked to give. I'd assume NYR would want to have a line on picking up a replacement D-man for Staal if that happened.

I think with the Rangers and Kings for Nash, it could all come down to if Columbus wants a young goalie to build around or not, since NYR really doesn't have anything in that regard.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Would you like to elaborate?
Your suggestion ranks among top 5 worst trades I have read on this forum. When you get to top 5, there is nothing left to discuss. Leave the bottle and sleep it over. Also take a break from NHL 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If Sutter thinks it's deserved, it will come. He's never held back on anyone before.
Well I disagree there. He is holding back on Richards. Probably because he sees a little bit of himself in him.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Right? As someone else said earlier. If we have other forwards aside from those guys worth a crap then all of a sudden those streaks don't seem so bad.

It's tough on Rick Nash cause he is the only one who produces in CB. But it's also tough on guys like Brown, Kopitar, Williams, Richards who are the ONLY players who produce on this team. I wouldn'tbe surprised if they have scored somewhere around 60-65% of the teams total points right now.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:26 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Great point Jaygokings. To us Nash is awesome for producing in Columbus, but our guys produce here and we rag on them hardcore.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I just did the math.

As a team the Kings have 328 points accumulated. Defensemen included. the "core" Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards, Doughty and Johnson have 59.5% of the Kings total points with 195.

Forwards alone, Richards, Brown, Kopitar and Williams equal 146 points of total 237. 61.6% of the points from the Kings forwards.

of the Kings REGULAR STARTING FORWARDS. (players who have played more then half the season THUS far, 29 games.)

Richards, Kopitar, Brown, Williams equal 64%. However if you subtract the production of Gagne, who was considered the X factor to the Kings offense...

Those 4 players equate to 70% of the Kings total offensive production of regular starters.

Not to mention that those 4 forwards are a combined +10, and the rest are a -30.

70% from 4 guys, 30% from 8. So if you split it evenly, if one of those 4 guys, has an off night, or a cold streak, you lose about 17% of your overall production.

If two of them have off nights you lose 35%.

It's a VERY fantasy based look at things, but just some interesting statistics to keep in mind.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Who did Cbus get rid of? Conklin was in DET...
I stand corrected...

Old
02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
SuperAlmeida

TSN Radio @TSN1050Radio Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Which teams are in the market for Rick Nash and Jeff Carter? @TSNBobMcKenzie has the latest: http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/BobMcKenzie_022012.mp3

Old
02-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Just to compare it a little bit more in terms of forward production...

New York Rangers. About an average offensive team, I think currently 12th in the league, same concept, forwards playing over 27 or so games are considered regulars.

Of those forwards they have produced 308 points.

Their "Core" Offensive forwards I would consider Gaborik, Callahan, Richards and Dubinsky (Yes Dubinsky over Stepan. Dooby has always been considered a core guy in NYR.)

those 4 guys produce 51.2% of the Rangers offense with 158 points of 308.

If you want to do, maybe their top 4 forwards in scoring to see how they carry the load, subtract dubinsky, and add Stepan.

It's a difference of 4%, 55.5 % of the total offense.

So essentiall NYR, 55.5% production from their top 4 scoring forwards. 45% from 8 other guys in the lineup at any given time.

It's pretty balanced.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
These next few days will give me a heart attack.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Those 4 players equate to 70% of the Kings total offensive production of regular starters.

Not to mention that those 4 forwards are a combined +10, and the rest are a -30.
But... but... Sutter says that Kopitar line is the fourth line and fourth line is the first line!

Old
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
moosehead81

If you're going to get anyone- get Nash; Kings need a top 6 winger, not a center like Carter (and I don't care what everyone says about Carter neing able to play wing)- besides Carter will be going to TO as their number 1. Do not trade Brown- just a bad off year for him, like everyone else on the team.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Christ, you guys do keep this thread moving quickly.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i hope DL stays cool and waits to make a move in the off-season. the current roster is more than capable of putting up 3+ goals a game, they just need DL/Sutter to light a fire under their *****. theres no excuse for the way theyve been playing
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The talent is there. Our defense and goalie are lights out. This exact team, scoring 2.5-3 g/gm, is a Stanley Cup contender. If we suddenly start scoring tomorrow, we are the low-seed team that NOBODY wants to play.

Ride it out. If we miss the playoffs, you start your re-build with the management - GM and HC.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I'd do something like Bernier, Johnson, Brown, Hickey, 1st 2012 and 2013 for Nash and Carter.

It would never happen but I can have fun thinking about it.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:11 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

The more I read/hear the more I think they will walk away with Carter or Nash, and we probably won't like the price tag.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I'd do something like Bernier, Johnson, Brown, Hickey, 1st 2012 and 2013 for Nash and Carter.

It would never happen but I can have fun thinking about it.

Cap-wise, we'd have to add Penner, Richardson, and maybe even Stoll. But I'd also find a way to get Nash AND Carter on our team. Is it dramatic? Yes, but when you can't score a goal in 14% of your games, desperate times call for desperate measures.

EDIT: Wait, you'd trade BROWN?! I didn't see that. Nevermind!

Old
02-20-2012, 05:16 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
The more I read/hear the more I think they will walk away with Carter or Nash, and we probably won't like the price tag.
I highly doubt that, The cap would be really tough to work with. The bottom six needs to be reworked in the off season.

Kopitar or Drew would have to go the other way to make that work.

I doubt Nash or Carter get moved at all. I expect to see them as Jackets next season. Howson is looking to rebuild his team through Two trades . It doesn't work that way.

Edit: Thought you meant both. Regardless I expect they will both stay in Columbus.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

But if Sutter says "nobody died", will it ease your pain?

Old
02-20-2012, 05:19 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I highly doubt that, The cap would be really tough to work with. The bottom six needs to be reworked in the off season.

Kopitar or Drew would have to go the other way to make that work.

I doubt Nash or Carter get moved at all. I expect to see them as Jackets next season.
How do you figure?

Do you think I meant Carter AND Nash?

Old
02-20-2012, 05:23 PM
SFKingshomer

Cant see anyone paying the price for Carter or Nash. If it happens, it will be in the offseason...

Old
02-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Kings are still only four points behind San Jose.

Trading from depth and prospects for Nash is one thing.

Wanting to replace Kopitar with Carter, really?

Brown is what he is, doubt he gets traded.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Cant see anyone paying the price for Carter or Nash. If it happens, it will be in the offseason...
I hope you're right.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
damacles1156

Carter is the only one I could see moving. Cause they are not going to get back what they gave up.

Even in the offseason, it's not going to happen. If he really is toxic in Columbus, you take the best offer Feb 27. Cause come draft day, no one is desperate for scoring.

No one is in a hurry to take that Contract.

They don't have to move eaither guy, But they seem to want Carter gone. They can hang onto Nash till draft day or beyond.

Closed Thread