HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sweet young package for 2nd overall

Old
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
You wouldn't do patches for a future elite center?
Nah, I'm a huge fan of Patches. He's on pace for 35 goals and he's only 23 years old, I'd rather have him than take a risk on Grigorenko.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:48 PM
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Nah, I'm a huge fan of Patches. He's on pace for 35 goals and he's only 23 years old, I'd rather have him than take a risk on Grigorenko.
Yeah, I'm an Oilers fan, and I'd probably rather have Patches

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
Bernier
Johnson
LA 1st

for

2nd Overall

? lol I have no idea
I think the oilers would actually do this one.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Amateur Hour

Wait, has anybody commented on the title of this thread yet? That hasn't really gone unnoticed, right?

I'll show myself out.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
I think the oilers would actually do this one.
Ha Ha....you think? Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier(who I think is overrated), and LA's 1st(probably around 15th) is a good deal for the Oilers. This would obviously be post lottery

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:09 PM
roach9

"Sweet young package"

Work on that vernacular, buddy.

roach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Ha Ha....you think? Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier(who I think is overrated), and LA's 1st(probably around 15th) is a good deal for the Oilers. This would obviously be post lottery
I disagree. I'd rather have the potential franchise player, personally.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Moderator Hat OnAlright, already. The thread title is a bit odd. We know this. Please now focus on the topic rather than the phrasing of the topic. Thank you.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Sam Gagner had 14 pts in 4 games. Take that away and his stats are average at best. Max Pac has constantly been playing well throughout the year save for 10 games after he got suspended. Its really no contest.
I love logic like this. By love I mean question if a poster is serious. Where do we stop.

If someone has 14 points in 17 games but has a multi point night or a multi goal night do those not count. If a player gets a hat trick you only count him as having 1 goal? Or it helps your argument so just get rid of a players points on a whim.

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
About 6 months difference, big deal.
Not sure if serious?

Old
02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I agree. And I did say that drafting Mikhail and then trading assets for another top 10 pick would be the best way to go. If you guys can nab a guy like Trouba, Dumba, or Reinhart, it would go a long way in making the team better long term.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
MPS-Grigorenko-Hemsky

Whitney-Petry
Trouba/Dumba/Reinhart-Klefbom (I'm a firm believer that you have the best success when you have one physical D and one offensive D on a pairing, and this pair would be awesome)

I really only get irritated at the fans who are hoping for Mackinnon, Monahan, or Barkov next year, and can't wait until a 2014 front-runner emerges so they can photo-shop them into an Oilers jersey. There are those of you who can't wait for the re-build to end, and think rationally when they say BPA no matter what. And then there are those who just want to stockpile as many big names as possible and will just imitate the rational arguments to justify their mania. I saw the same thing with LA Kings fans only worse. They would talk about trading away all their pieces just to move up one spot and draft Stamkos. Same thing with Kane (they really got screwed by the lottery system). And they haven't changed since then. Every time a big name comes up in the trade market, they pray to the hockey gods that Lombardi trades for them. Another part of my concern is that I don't want to see another fanbase become so starstruck like that. It's annoying enough from them. Every single year they talk about how they need to trade the players they literally just acquired. It's like they're all playing NHL 12. I have respect for this team, it's history, and the patience of it's fanbase. I don't want to see them get involved in that star mania NHL 12 mind set.
Care to use an example of these "posters" You have mentioned them several times but on Oilers HF it certainly isnt like what your describing. if you can get through the fire gm, fire coach, trade every player there is occasionall a game day thread. Not sure where the fans looking forward to the 2013 draft are, maybe posting in ducks hf?

Old
02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Whats with these retarded posts? Sam Gagner had a good 4 game stretch with 8 ****ing points in one game. Something that came out of nowhere. And then you get the WELL GRETZKY SCORED 50 IN 39 GAMES HURR DURR. Here I will spell it out for the people that are having a rough time with my statement. Sam Gagner has yet to show hes a number 1center or even close to it. His stats are inflated due in most part to one game. He had like 2 pts in 8 games, he got 8 in 1 so now hes a consistent ppg player? No. I hope that made it through to your brain. I understand you can't just take away a game, but like Lebrun said, the scouts have watched all the games before that and know what type of player he is.
So your saying the oilers should stay at 2nd and draft grigorenko?

Old
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
So your saying the oilers should stay at 2nd and draft grigorenko?
If they aren't sold on Gagner like me, YES

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:47 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
I love logic like this. By love I mean question if a poster is serious. Where do we stop.

If someone has 14 points in 17 games but has a multi point night or a multi goal night do those not count. If a player gets a hat trick you only count him as having 1 goal? Or it helps your argument so just get rid of a players points on a whim.
No, what im saying is an 8 point night is abit out of the norm. What im saying is that other than that 4 game streak hes mediocre. Im surprised I have to explain this point to this length.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No, what im saying is an 8 point night is abit out of the norm. What im saying is that other than that 4 game streak hes mediocre. Im surprised I have to explain this point to this length.
OK. Using your logic I'll excluded Pacioretty's 4 best games(11 points) He would be on pace for 54 points(26 goals) Because multi goal/point games are not the norm for Pacioretty either

Old
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Care to use an example of these "posters" You have mentioned them several times but on Oilers HF it certainly isnt like what your describing. if you can get through the fire gm, fire coach, trade every player there is occasionall a game day thread. Not sure where the fans looking forward to the 2013 draft are, maybe posting in ducks hf?
Sorry. I'd really like to cite examples. But I don't have a supernatural photographic memory and I don't subscribe to every thread where I find things that annoy me.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:34 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Sam Gagner had 14 pts in 4 games. Take that away and his stats are average at best. Max Pac has constantly been playing well throughout the year save for 10 games after he got suspended. Its really no contest.
Im trying to keep the count, but im confuse about tonight...

Should i take away Gagner's 3 points night and Pacioretty pointless night as well?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
OK. Using your logic I'll excluded Pacioretty's 4 best games(11 points) He would be on pace for 54 points(26 goals) Because multi goal/point games are not the norm for Pacioretty either
yea sorry but there was no 8 pt night in his season. Pacioretty's best streak has been over 6 games where he got 8 points. Hardly anything crazy over his actually output. Oh and theres a slight difference of multi points games like 2 or 3 points than an 8 spot. Take out Gagner's one game and hes at 29 points in 50 games.

Last edited by TheBuriedHab: 02-21-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Im trying to keep the count, but im confuse about tonight...

Should i take away Gagner's 3 points night and Pacioretty pointless night as well?
Do whatever you like Palindrom nobody is stopping you. Cheers.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Do whatever you like Palindrom nobody is stopping you. Cheers.
Im happy you take it well

You know looking at their career number, Gagner seem one of the most constant player of the entire league...between around 15 goals, 40-49 point every years, injury or not, for the last 5 seasons.

Pacioretty ? 11 points, 14 points, AHL, NHL, AHL, NHL 24 points and now on pace for 50+ ?

And Gagner is still younger.

But my point is: you just cant take away any players achievements. If we start doing it, where is the limit? Can we take away Cam Ward Stanley cup because it was a 23 game good sequence?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Not sure if serious?
Klefbom is not an outstanding D prospect enough to justify Oilers not drafting a defenseman this year.

The fact he's a July born changes nothing to that.

That's what I'm saying.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
yea sorry but there was no 8 pt night in his season. Pacioretty's best streak has been over 6 games where he got 8 points. Hardly anything crazy over his actually output. Oh and theres a slight difference of multi points games like 2 or 3 points than an 8 spot. Take out Gagner's one game and hes at 29 points in 50 games.
Even discounting that game completely; Gagner still has 10 points in his last 8 games
People trying to omit multi-point games from Gagners season is as stupid as Oiler fans trying to discount October and November from his season because he just came back from injury and was playing RW on the third line with Paajarvi, and Belanger. POINTLESS.

Pacioretty is going to be a good player. No doubt about that but he's not going to be a franchise player. He's putting it together in his 4th pro season at 23 years old. Franchise players put it together earlier than that. Despite what people will say about Grigorenko; he will be a franchise player like RNH, Hall, Seguin, Tavares, ect

Old
02-22-2012, 12:19 AM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

We will be picking Ryan Murray or Matt Dumba in the first round. I guess we'll have to wait until draft day to see.....Nobody knows the value of the pick yet. If there is a safe trade down to get one of these guys they will. Only if they have control of the situation....now if Tambo could find a way to get both Murray and Dumba without giving up any of the kids then I would be impressed.

Last edited by OilChuck: 02-22-2012 at 12:25 AM.
OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
We will be picking Ryan Murray or Matt Dumba in the first round. I guess we'll have to wait until draft day to see.....Nobody knows the value of the pick yet. If there is a safe trade down to get one of these guys they will. Only if they have control of the situation....
Yea, because that works out so well for teams in the past.
2003 - The Florida Panthers trade the first pick (Marc-Andre Fleury) and 73rd pick (Daniel Carcillo) to the Pittsburgh Penguins for the third pick (Nathan Horton), the 55th pick (Stefan Meyer) and Mikael Samuelsson.
and my favourite of all ****ing time.....
2003 - The Edmonton Oilers trade the 17th pick (Zach Parise) to the New Jersey Devils for the 22nd pick (Marc-Antoine Pouliot) and the 68th pick (Jean-Francois Jacques).

The Oilers take the consensus highest ranked pick. No trading down or organizational need
BPA!!!!!! Trade the pick if a team is willing to give up a solid first pairing defenseman in his mid twenties

Old
02-22-2012, 01:15 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Which year? To move up 3 spots??? Come on.
the part of my post you deleted? that's exactly what im saying...

if it was an RNH/seguin type available at 2, you'd do it. this year though...

besides i've soured on grigs so im happy keeping my top 5 pick tyvm

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote