HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to Nashville E4!

Old
02-20-2012, 09:30 PM
School of WristShot

vCash: 500
Blum and 4th.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:41 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Yeah the Ellis and a 1st was definitely fake.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He was nearly a PPG player last year. He's still a valuable player despite his sub par season.
To the Preds he is a rental. How he performed years past or how he will perform in coming years doesn't matter to them. What he can bring to the Preds now is what is important. I wouldn't mind seeing him come here but it's a big gamble. What are the Preds getting? Are they getting injured Hemsky? Unmotivated? Both? Or are they getting a guy who is fired up to come to a contending team?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:21 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
To the Preds he is a rental. How he performed years past or how he will perform in coming years doesn't matter to them. What he can bring to the Preds now is what is important. I wouldn't mind seeing him come here but it's a big gamble. What are the Preds getting? Are they getting injured Hemsky? Unmotivated? Both? Or are they getting a guy who is fired up to come to a contending team?
Well, Hemsky's game has really turned around since Christmas, and he's taken some huge hits this year without injuries. Historically he hasn't been one to disappear in key situations either. I understand the trepidation by some Preds fans, but Hemsky would certainly help you. At this point, I don't think Hemsky helping or not is the issue, I think it should be how much he helps and at what price is it worth it to Nashville.

The Ellis stuff by Eklund has been laughed off, but I could certainly see Edmonton offering up a package like Hemsky and Peckham for Ellis and a conditional pick (first if Nashville makes the finals or signs Hemsky to an extension, second if not). I don't expect Poile to do anything with Ellis in the deal, but I don't think its too far fetched to expect Blum and a 1st for Hemsky and Peckham. I'm including Peckham here because I don't see him fitting in Edmonton next year if a trade for Blum/Ellis happens, but he does have some value as a #7 or injury replacement for a playoff run, and I don't think Poile would turn away from another depth defenseman to be there in case of injury during a long playoff run.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Well, Hemsky's game has really turned around since Christmas, and he's taken some huge hits this year without injuries.
Are you saying turned around in a good way? Since Christmas he has 1G 13A in 23 games. To me that kind of sucks.

gopreds19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Are you saying turned around in a good way? Since Christmas he has 1G 13A in 23 games. To me that kind of sucks.
No it doesn't. A playmaker playing with stone hands Horcoff and a revolving door on the other wing putting up that many assists isn't too bad. Not to mention that the first half of this season, he looked timid with the puck and wasn't playing effectively. I'm not sure if someone booted him in the arse during Christmas dinner or what, but since Christmas, he has been back to his old ways, dangling, making amazing plays, setting up Horcoff for amazing chances (that Horc usually sends firing wide of the net or directly into the goalies crest). Take it from someone who actually watches the Oilers regularly this season, Hemsky had an absolutely awful start to this season. But he has been good for almost two months now. Hemsky on the Predators would instantly give you guys more chances to score, especially on the powerplay. Souray scored 20+ goals playing with Hemsky mostly because of Hemmer's ability to get him the puck for his cannon shot. I can think of a certain Nashville defenseman who would benefit greatly from having that kind of skill on the ice with him.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
do. not. want. Hemsky.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
do. not. want. Hemsky.
Why? Is it Hemsky in general or you don't want to give up any assets?

Old
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Why? Is it Hemsky in general or you don't want to give up any assets?
For starters, I don't think he's a good fit for Nashville and I worry about his durability. Second, the price for forwards at this deadlines appears to be high and I'm afraid we'll overpay and end up regretting it.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
For starters, I don't think he's a good fit for Nashville and I worry about his durability. Second, the price for forwards at this deadlines appears to be high and I'm afraid we'll overpay and end up regretting it.
Overpaying is certainly a legitimate concern. I disagree on him not fitting in Nashville though. Agree to disagree.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
If he previous performance is irrelevant than so should his injury history, no? or is this just pick and choose whatever facts helps your argument?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
14 points in 23 games sucks? So Erat and Kostitsyn who have 18 points in 25 games are below average, any player thats a ppg is average, ect? I think your expectations of what players produce in the NHL is a little too high.
I'd rather keep Hemsky who's expressed interest in staying here in Edmonton. If not oh well....both fan bases can have going away parties for UFA's riding off for nothing

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
i really have to say that ryan ellis is 5 foot freaking 10 and 179 pounds soaking wet, that would make him the smallest player on our team which is only going to be getting even smaller when we bring in omark after hemsky is gone. I have to say that the asking price on ellis is way too high for a 9 point defenseman who's only played 22 games this season. the oilers have decided to build toughness on the rear to make up for the lack of toughness in the top 6. that leaves ellis out.
I hope this is a sarcastic post - Ellis's point totals since he was called up would give him 34 pts on the season and a +8, that would put him at #1 amongst Oiler Dmen at the ripe old age of 21. As for his size - Dan Boyle says hi!

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I hope this is a sarcastic post - Ellis's point totals since he was called up would give him 34 pts on the season and a +8, that would put him at #1 amongst Oiler Dmen at the ripe old age of 21. As for his size - Dan Boyle says hi!
His size is only a concern because the Oilers have other small guys in Nuge, Gagner, and Eberle as key pieces. Nothing against his game, but I also question how our team will get big enough to compete if we keep bringing in little guys.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
If he previous performance is irrelevant than so should his injury history, no? or is this just pick and choose whatever facts helps your argument?

14 points in 23 games sucks? So Erat and Kostitsyn who have 18 points in 25 games are below average, any player thats a ppg is average, ect? I think your expectations of what players produce in the NHL is a little too high.
I'd rather keep Hemsky who's expressed interest in staying here in Edmonton. If not oh well....both fan bases can have going away parties for UFA's riding off for nothing
Sorry but things like on going injuries are relevant, he has shoulder problems as recently as November of this season. 70+ points are less relevant because they happened 4 seasons ago. Besides when you are paying for a rental player who will only be on your team for a month and a half a lot of emphasis is placed on what has been happening this season.

I think Hemsky will bring in a 1st or equal value to a 1st, but I don't think he will get a 1st+ a good prospect that seems like too much to me.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Seachd

I certainly understand the risk involved in renting someone like Hemsky.

But for a team like Nashville, wouldn't he instantly become the team's most talented forward? I don't think that can ever be a bad thing, although the price would have to be right for Poile (you can be sure Tambellini won't give him away though).

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
I certainly understand the risk involved in renting someone like Hemsky.

But for a team like Nashville, wouldn't he instantly become the team's most talented forward? I don't think that can ever be a bad thing, although the price would have to be right for Poile (you can be sure Tambellini won't give him away though).
He's the Alexander Daigle of the new century

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Boondock

Quote:
His size is only a concern because the Oilers have other small guys in Nuge, Gagner, and Eberle as key pieces. Nothing against his game, but I also question how our team will get big enough to compete if we keep bringing in little guys.
So you would turn down a deal for a potential top PP QB and great skating young offensive dman in exchange for a UFA who won't be back next season regardless because you already have 3 small forwards. Good luck getting a better offer then that.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
predfan24

Quote:
That literally makes no sense. To the Preds he would purely be a rental as he wouldn't be re-signed. Past performances or future season performances make no difference. Of course his injury history is a concern. When your trying to bring in a guy in for 20 regular season games and the playoffs you want to be sure the guy is actually goin to be playing in those games. The situation is not hard to comprehend.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
It's more the 1 goal in 23 games that sucks. And no Kostitsyn and Erat don't suck, but we don't need another Erat and Kostitsyn. We need a true top line forward. We've needed one for years. Hemsky is not that, and if the price is that high for someone who will end up being the 6th or 7th best forward we have, then no thanks.

4 Goals......all year.....not what we need.

gopreds19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Ishad

Why should the preds go hard after hemsky to begin with?

Preds have the number 2 pp in the league and lack a pure goal scorer. It seems the areas hemsky would help in they have covered and he doesn't address the area they need help with.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
But come on. He wouldnt have Suter, and Weber to hide behind, and he definitely wouldnt have that kind of production with the Oilers. I wouldnt even want him on the team this season for fear of screwing his development

Quote:
Sorry but things like on going injuries are relevant, he has shoulder problems as recently as November of this season. 70+ points are less relevant because they happened 4 seasons ago. Besides when you are paying for a rental player who will only be on your team for a month and a half a lot of emphasis is placed on what has been happening this season.

I think Hemsky will bring in a 1st or equal value to a 1st, but I don't think he will get a 1st+ a good prospect that seems like too much to me.
Thats fair. I just didnt like the statement that "14 points in 21 games kinda sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
He's the Alexander Daigle of the new century
Your post is the Alexandre Daigle of this thread.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Realm

Every day the Oilers wait to trade him is a risk. I would trade him today before that Calgary game, although Regehr is gone he could get hurt at any second.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

The question is not the value of Hemsky, but what some teams are willing to pay for his services. Right now some teams are desperate for offensive help and no matter what some people say, Hemsky is a top 6 forward. He'll be resigned or the Oilers will get a ridiculous offer too good to turn down and trade him.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
Every day the Oilers wait to trade him is a risk. I would trade him today before that Calgary game, although Regehr is gone he could get hurt at any second.
Couldn't it be said that each game he plays, it chalks one up to reinforcing that he is finally healthy. Also it is very clear Hemsky is getting on track. It has taken him a bit to get going but his play in the last 20 games has been closer to Hemsky of old than the Hemsky that people in this thread seem to think he is.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
So you would turn down a deal for a potential top PP QB and great skating young offensive dman in exchange for a UFA who won't be back next season regardless because you already have 3 small forwards. Good luck getting a better offer then that.
Where in the hell did you get that from? All I said is that it was a concern. You're trying to connect dots that just aren't there.