HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stl - Van

Old
02-20-2012, 11:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Sorry if I don't follow your team as much as my own, but I looked at your needs, thought of another team I like, who would enjoy Stewart as a winger almost as much as St Louis does now.
Thought hey, they have depth where you need, and you have depth where they need.

I was speaking in a general, filling needs circumstance. If you as a fan don't want any part of Paul Martin that's fine.
Imho I don't think he's all that bad, is a serviceable player who would be able to fill a hole your team has.

Honestly I wouldn't know any other team that would look to your team with that trade. But since Pitts has a decent pool of Dmen coming through the system, and you have some very quality wingers.

Stewart for maybe Jack Johnson may be more to your liking. But you'd have to worry about the Playoffs again, and facing him 4 times a year.
Stewart/Jack Johnson has been discussed repeatedly actually. Facing someone 4 times a year and possibly once in a blue moon in the playoffs is not a big deal. Blues traded with Colorado involving major players. The longer the season has gone on with Stewart slumping the less interested LA has been (it hasn't really been discussed in at least a month). As things stand now the Blues would have to add a piece whereas maybe 20 games ago both fans thought it was relatively even. In any event, it's more likely a trade to be better discussed after the season once Tarasenko has signed his ELC.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:27 AM
denkiteki

vCash: 500
Pass on Stewart. Given reports of his attitude issues, it seems to be the opposite direction of where MG goes. He stress how important attitude, etc is.

Of course you could make the argument that given the leadership group in Vancouver, its one of those teams that might allow him to find his form again (i.e. Booth). The problem is he sounds lazy (opposite of Booth).

Canucks won't move Connauton who's by far their best offensive dman prospect (could argue only remotely close to the NHL). He'll likely replace Salo in a year or 2 and see callup duty as soon as next year. Probably will be on the blue line for a long time on the left side with Tanev on the right. The two of them have great chemistry together. If ballard gets dealt in the off season, its not impossible for Tanev/Kcon to be the 3rd pairing next year.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:45 AM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
Pass on Stewart. Given reports of his attitude issues, it seems to be the opposite direction of where MG goes. He stress how important attitude, etc is.

Of course you could make the argument that given the leadership group in Vancouver, its one of those teams that might allow him to find his form again (i.e. Booth). The problem is he sounds lazy (opposite of Booth).

Canucks won't move Connauton who's by far their best offensive dman prospect (could argue only remotely close to the NHL). He'll likely replace Salo in a year or 2 and see callup duty as soon as next year. Probably will be on the blue line for a long time on the left side with Tanev on the right. The two of them have great chemistry together. If ballard gets dealt in the off season, its not impossible for Tanev/Kcon to be the 3rd pairing next year.
I doubt a contending team like Vancouver runs with two rookies as their bottom pairing defense. Especially when most people want to add veteran depth defenders to this team.

To the guy who responded to me, like I said, I don't follow the Blues much, since you're a team in contention with Vancouver for best of the West, I have a certain obligation to hate your team right. Imho, the Blues will be fine, without a Top LD they've been very good. The draft will be the place to find another piece, rather through drafting or trading.

Like you say, with Tarashenko (sp) on board, your wings look great even without Stewart.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote