HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rundblad/Bolduc to Phoenix

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
  #1
wildcat48
HFB Partner
 
wildcat48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 3,298
vCash: 500
Rundblad/Bolduc to Phoenix

After the Pirates game, Rundblad and Bolduc were recalled to Phoenix.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  #2
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,449
vCash: 500
Our injury situation seems a little out of control right now.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:47 PM
  #3
moosemeister
Registered User
 
moosemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Why not pouliot?

These injuries are coming at the worst time

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:02 PM
  #4
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
showcasing Rundblad for the 7 days before the Trade Deadline?

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:26 PM
  #5
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
I don't think Rundblad goes anywhere at the deadline. Doesn't seem like a Maloney move to me.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
  #6
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 500
How long is Klesla expected to be out?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
  #7
AZcoyotes33
Registered User
 
AZcoyotes33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
How long is Klesla expected to be out?
Still listed as day-to-day

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
  #8
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Klesla and Chipchura didn't skate today.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/podcastp...id=DL|PHX|home

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
  #9
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
I think it's possible Klesla and Hanzal could be back next game. Chichura will be out a little longer.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
  #10
IIHFjerseycollector
Registered User
 
IIHFjerseycollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix , AZ
Country: North Korea
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
bolduc is gonna bring some nice speed with no scoring touch!

IIHFjerseycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:14 PM
  #11
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
showcasing Rundblad for the 7 days before the Trade Deadline?
Power play specialist.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
  #12
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I don't think Rundblad goes anywhere at the deadline. Doesn't seem like a Maloney move to me.
Definitely not a typical Maloney move. As Pho pointed out in the DM chronology thread, he tends to move guys when they are clearly out of favor/unhappy/not a fit. Rundblad hasn't gotten to that point yet, not even close.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:30 PM
  #13
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Definitely not a typical Maloney move. As Pho pointed out in the DM chronology thread, he tends to move guys when they are clearly out of favor/unhappy/not a fit. Rundblad hasn't gotten to that point yet, not even close.
With Hanzel out we are going to need players who can create offense period. Rundblad has that capability; especially on the PP.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:02 PM
  #14
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
I think Rundblad is a perfect trading chip. Keep in mind we didn't look for him, he was just the best return available return for Turris. He's still a project. And we've got Summers and Gormley looking pretty good already.

I'd be thrilled if we can ship him out for some meaningful offensive depth.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
  #15
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I think Rundblad is a perfect trading chip. Keep in mind we didn't look for him, he was just the best return available return for Turris. He's still a project. And we've got Summers and Gormley looking pretty good already.

I'd be thrilled if we can ship him out for some meaningful offensive depth.
would have to be a young center with top line potential.

strike up the Brassard and Gagner rumors...

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:21 PM
  #16
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
would have to be a young center with top line potential.

strike up the Brassard and Gagner rumors...
I'd take either. straight up.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:35 PM
  #17
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
Fellas, Rundblad is a PP machine, he is the perfect fix to our anemic PP unit. Now granted, I think he needs more seasoning "defensively", but at most he only needs 1 more year, more likely that this same time next season he'll be up for good.

Brassard/Gange would help our offense, but not much and neither would help the PP.

The only thing hurting the offense at the current moment is not having a 1 center and a 2b center. If we didn't have to play Langkow and Chips (I like Chips hustle, and would rather have him than Pyatt and move Boyd down to the 4th line)

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:44 PM
  #18
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
With Hanzel out we are going to need players who can create offense period. Rundblad has that capability; especially on the PP.
Someone ( I believe Scottrocks) Said they expect Hanzal back tuesday. Did that change?

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
  #19
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Fellas, Rundblad is a PP machine, he is the perfect fix to our anemic PP unit. Now granted, I think he needs more seasoning "defensively", but at most he only needs 1 more year, more likely that this same time next season he'll be up for good.

Brassard/Gange would help our offense, but not much and neither would help the PP.

The only thing hurting the offense at the current moment is not having a 1 center and a 2b center. If we didn't have to play Langkow and Chips (I like Chips hustle, and would rather have him than Pyatt and move Boyd down to the 4th line)

Rundblad is great on the PP, but really is a big liability in his own end , he takes many high risk low reward plays by being over fancy. he needs to be paired with a solid D dman ( that we dont have), he will give multi od man rushes and seems to always shoot the puck into the legs of the defenders.

portland pirates season is pretty much done after today loss so its all up until coyotes are healthy

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:26 PM
  #20
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Someone ( I believe Scottrocks) Said they expect Hanzal back tuesday. Did that change?
Last I heard was probable to come back on Tuesday, but that was after the game on Saturday from Tippet. They posted the pre-game info on coyotes.com, looking at it now.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
  #21
Sceva Sct
on the edge
 
Sceva Sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: limbo
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Tippett after practice regarding injured players:

Pyatt - Skated, may play this week
Hanzal - see where he's at tomorrow
Schlemko - skated, still a ways off
Klesla - didn't skate
Chip - didn't skate, he's gonna be a few more days

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:09 AM
  #22
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Fellas, Rundblad is a PP machine, he is the perfect fix to our anemic PP unit. Now granted, I think he needs more seasoning "defensively", but at most he only needs 1 more year, more likely that this same time next season he'll be up for good.

Brassard/Gange would help our offense, but not much and neither would help the PP.

The only thing hurting the offense at the current moment is not having a 1 center and a 2b center. If we didn't have to play Langkow and Chips (I like Chips hustle, and would rather have him than Pyatt and move Boyd down to the 4th line)
Ray Whitney is the only player on our team with more PPP than Brassard.

I do agree about Rundblad, though. He could potentially really help out our PP. Simply getting put on the point so that Doan and Whitney get moved up, and the hell away from that point, would be great.

I have no idea why we try to have Whitney run the PP from the point. He's made a career from QBing the PP on the half wall. Let him. It's so, so, so much more effective. I dont think our coaching staff got the memo that the blueline was pushed back several feet eight years ago. I'm tired of us trying to QB from ALL THE WAY back there. It doesn't work.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
  #23
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I dont think our coaching staff got the memo that the blueline was pushed back several feet eight years ago. I'm tired of us trying to QB from ALL THE WAY back there. It doesn't work.
Holy hell that drives me nuts!!! A lot of times the defense collapses and there is like 15 feet between them and the Coyotes QB's who are still magnetized to the blue line. I find myself yelling to shrink the box, to move in closer but it's like they have a mental block. It's a hell of a lot easier to pick a corner with your wrister when you're just outside the top of the two circles than it is from the freakin blue line! I suppose it's riskier in that a blocked shot can more easily turn into an odd man rush but I think the reward outweighs the risk here.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
  #24
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Holy hell that drives me nuts!!! A lot of times the defense collapses and there is like 15 feet between them and the Coyotes QB's who are still magnetized to the blue line. I find myself yelling to shrink the box, to move in closer but it's like they have a mental block. It's a hell of a lot easier to pick a corner with your wrister when you're just outside the top of the two circles than it is from the freakin blue line! I suppose it's riskier in that a blocked shot can more easily turn into an odd man rush but I think the reward outweighs the risk here.
After all, its called the man ADVANTAGE for a reason. You can cheat and win.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
  #25
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 50
Hope Rundblad gets a good viewing here in Phoenix. High hopes for him.

Bolduc is pretty much the exact same player as Chipchura. He might be better than Chipchura. Chip has grown on me though. Thought Bolduc might have a roster spot when he signed, but then he got hurt and we had picked up Chipchura, POS, etc. Grats to him on the callup as well.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.