HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rundblad/Bolduc to Phoenix

Old
02-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
At least Rundblad is getting some more time with Playfair.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
elias

Watkins back in Portland..

elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias View Post
Watkins back in Portland..
Could be a good thing. Either Maloney decided to send him down since we got Vermette, or that Brule was just shaken up and he's ready to come back.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
zLiMbiLLY

Got my hopes on that Rundblad gets some time.
An note is that he has 2gp and 2points made +1 as far.

zLiMbiLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:24 AM
elias

Bolduc and Rundblad reassigned to Portland..

elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias View Post
Bolduc and Rundblad reassigned to Portland..
Makes sense they'd be sent back down before the trade deadline. Teams cannot loan players off the NHL roster to the AHL after the trade deadline unless the player had been recalled from the AHL after the deadline.

It's possible we could see one or both players recalled again tomorrow if they're still needed to cover for injuries.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Makes sense they'd be sent back down before the trade deadline. Teams cannot loan players off the NHL roster to the AHL after the trade deadline unless the player had been recalled from the AHL after the deadline.

It's possible we could see one or both players recalled again tomorrow if they're still needed to cover for injuries.
Wait.. So Stone and/or Summers cant be reassigned to Portland anymore? Please explain

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:24 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
Wait.. So Stone and/or Summers cant be reassigned to Portland anymore? Please explain
Yup, that's the situation. Any player on the NHL roster on deadline day cannot be be sent to the AHL. Here's the CBA bit:

Quote:
CBA 13.12(j) A Player may be Loaned to a club of any league affiliated with the League
at any time up to 3:00 p.m. New York time of the fortieth (40th) day immediately
preceding the final day of the Regular Season (the "Trade Deadline"). Following this
period only the Player or Players who have been Recalled during such restricted period
under Article 13.12(l) or 13.12(m) may be Loaned back to the member club of the
affiliated league from which they were Recalled
It's common for teams to send waiver exempt players back down to the AHL right before the trade deadline then recall them afterward. Retaining the flexibility to demote them again before the end of the season. Summers is here for the rest of the regular season for sure. Stone should be unless there's some sort of loophole that he was originally called up on emergency.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:34 AM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Yup, that's the situation. Any player on the NHL roster on deadline day cannot be be sent to the AHL. Here's the CBA bit:

It's common for teams to send waiver exempt players back down to the AHL right before the trade deadline then recall them afterward. Retaining the flexibility to demote them again before the end of the season. Summers is here for the rest of the regular season for sure. Stone should be unless there's some sort of loophole that he was originally called up on emergency.
Wow, Stone must be feeling lucky today. But it seems unecessary to carry 9 dman when klesla/schlemko/morris returns.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Stone should be unless there's some sort of loophole that he was originally called up on emergency.
Answering my own question: there is no loophole available for emergency recall returnees. So Stone is up for the rest of the year for certain.

One other thing to add: there is no roster limit after the trade deadline. You can have more than 23 active players on the roster. You do still have to stay in compliance with the cap though.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Answering my own question: there is no loophole available for emergency recall returnees. So Stone is up for the rest of the year for certain.

One other thing to add: there is no roster limit after the trade deadline. You can have more than 23 active players on the roster. You do still have to stay in compliance with the cap though.
Good for Stone, not so good for Portland.

Old
02-29-2012, 12:43 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:

That's not true.... Stone and Summers can be sent down to Portland. Chipchura is up for the year. I confirmed it with Treliving.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
albertabound

They can be sent down after the players return that are injured, the unlimited roster from what I understand is as many as you want during playoffs after you have lost or done your season in the AHL, this when they call the call ups black aces. Correct me if I am wrong.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:17 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Monday in the deadline for the Clear Day roster in the AHL.... The Pirates will have 22 players listed on that roster and it will include players who have played at least one game with the Pirates this season despite the fact they might in Phoenix now. If a player is on recall to Phoenix, Portland will be allowed to replace that player until he is returned to the AHL club.

Clear Day is also an opportunity for the NHL/AHL team to make AHL trades.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabound View Post
They can be sent down after the players return that are injured, the unlimited roster from what I understand is as many as you want during playoffs after you have lost or done your season in the AHL, this when they call the call ups black aces. Correct me if I am wrong.
Dusting off the handy copy of the CBA:

Quote:
13.12(j) A Player may be Loaned to a club of any league affiliated with the League
at any time up to 3:00 p.m. New York time of the fortieth (40th) day immediately
preceding the final day of the Regular Season (the "Trade Deadline"). Following this
period only the Player or Players who have been Recalled during such restricted period
under Article 13.12(l) or 13.12(m) may be Loaned back to the member club of the
affiliated league from which they were Recalled.
Quote:
Emergency Recall 13.12(m)(iii) For the purpose of establishing the existence of emergency
conditions at any time, to support the Recall of a Player for
participation in any Playoff Game, it shall be deemed that the
Player(s) on Loan following 3:00 p.m. New York time of the
fortieth (40th) day immediately preceding the last day of the
Regular Season are continuing on Loan for the remainder of the
season
notwithstanding that the Loaned club(s) may have been
eliminated from further play for the season.
Based on these two sections Stone and Rundblad cannot now be sent down, even if other players return from the IR list.

Quote:
Active Roster Size 16.4(a) For the 2005/06 League Year and thereafter, there shall be a maximum of
twenty-three (23) Players on each Club's Active Roster at any one time, provided,
however, that, on the date of each season's Trade Deadline, a Club's Active Roster may
be increased to any number of Players
the Club, in its discretion, so determines, subject to
Article 50 hereof.
The unlimited # of players on the roster kicks in after the trade deadline. The CBA contains a clause saying teams can only recall up to 4 players during the period from the trade deadline until the AHL team is eliminated from the playoffs, however this has probably been increased. The CBA includes a side letter discussing that both parties were willing to alter this, but doesn't describe the specifics if they did so.

Old
03-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Kaizen

I'm not sure if you are emphatically disagreeing with wildcat or not but it would seem to me to be pretty clear that Treliving would know the intricacies of the CBA and how it applies to his organization.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Here's an excerpt from my conversation with Treliving just to clear up any confusion.

Quote:
Chip is hurt and will not be back to POR. Stone and Summers are eligible but we still have a couple injuries out here.