HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Paul Kelly Quits

Old
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
leoleo3535

vCash: 500
Paul Kelly Quits

http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/20/kell...tive-director/

It will be interesting to see where he turns up.

leoleo3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Gotta give a big congrats to my good friend, Nate Ewell in succeeding Kelly as interim director.

Nate's a really good guy whose passionate about hockey, especially college hockey. And IMO, they couldn't have picked a better guy, even if it is on an interim basis.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Gotta give a big congrats to my good friend, Nate Ewell in succeeding Kelly as interim director.

Nate's a really good guy whose passionate about hockey, especially college hockey. And IMO, they couldn't have picked a better guy, even if it is on an interim basis.
Congrats to Nate Ewell. He or whoever the next fulltime director will be has a lot to do. Kelly was ineffecive from the Start of College Hockey Inc. And since it was started Kelly and/or College Hockey Inc has not done much.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Slowe

Great interview telling Paul's side of the story.

Paul Kelly Explains Surprise Resignation, What May Come Next

Quote:
As Kelly revealed to Bob McCown on his radio program Wednesday night on Toronto’s The FAN590, the former CHI executive director was in the middle of an underlying tug-of-war between the commissioners and many head coaches in Division I college hockey about the scope of College Hockey, Inc.
Quote:
Kelly laid out the coaches’ vision for College Hockey, Inc. in an email to United States of Hockey: “A committee of veteran coaches, while pleased with our efforts, believed that College Hockey, Inc. could be a more vital and impactful organization for D-I college hockey. Their vision was to increase the entity’s areas of responsibility, and to change the structure of oversight and supervision from the Commissioners to a representative committee of head coaches and ADs.

“They felt that since one of the primary objectives of College Hockey, Inc. was education and recruitment of new prospects, as well as the retention of existing student athletes, that this fell more into the domain of coaches rather than administrators. The coaches wanted a greater voice in setting the strategy, and deciding how best to employ the limited resources of the organization. Given my legal background, the coaches sought my advice and input on how best to bring their desire and vision forward for discussion and decision in an appropriate forum. Since I worked on behalf of the coaches, I felt a responsibility to assist them in determining how best to bring this issue forward.”

Slowe is offline   Reply With Quote