HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes original logo/jersey making return?

Old
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
When I went to the Czech Republic and watched the boys open the season last year there were some locals in silly (cheap) cowboy hats carrying goofy (cheap) saguaros People like the unusual and our region has its own flavor, that folks from all points seem to like.

They, like many others wore the original sweater as well.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
i love our old school kachina logo, still wear mine on thursdays , i really liked the the green 3rds we had w the santa fe accents on the sleeve and hem with the floating kachina head. but i like the paw in the circle logo as well as the moon logo. as long as everyone else has abandoned "sedona red" as a unifing theme for az sports teams i would love to see a new scheme based on the old colors. and can we develop a sand storm version for the post season
I love that one, too. Many people dislike it or even name it as one of the worst jerseys in NHL history. I think it's great and I loved its look on the ice!

I have one of Numminen and one of Doan. My only Coyotes jerseys so far. I also love the new third one, but since I rarely get a chance to wear a hockey jersey, I haven't bought one yet.

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Love the original jerseys. Hate the old third. I like the green and the Kachina head, but I hate everything going on at the bottom there. Awful.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Love the original jerseys. Hate the old third. I like the green and the Kachina head, but I hate everything going on at the bottom there. Awful.
I wholeheartedly agree with all of this statement.

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Interior Cascadian

Great news! I loved the originals as well, but understood the disdain that "another team was wearing black". My favorites were the green 3rds- I LOVE the dark green/rust/sand/black color combo, the simplified kachina head logo, and especially the gecko shoulder logos. I'm all for wearing jerseys indicative of the surrounding environment/culture if it's unique in any way, so I hope this goes through. Makes me miss when Burke was in net! Tough to say when Smith's having a Vezina year. Good luck to you guys this Spring in the playoffs and beyond!

Interior Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:32 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

I hope not. I think we went from worst to first, uniform-wise, and don't want to go back.

Maybe as an alternate jersey or something, it would be ok.

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I feel like the original set, and the third combined, made up the worst set of uniforms in NHL history. Just so, so ugly. Incomprehensibley foul.

02-22-2012, 05:04 PM
PHX FireBirds18

They should bring back the trim. I think it would make us unique only Carolina comes close to supporting such a design. Have the trim and keep the current logo. We need to stay away from all 3rd jerseys.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I feel like the original set, and the third combined, made up the worst set of uniforms in NHL history. Just so, so ugly. Incomprehensibley foul.
Well of course you'd think that, it's a pretty wild design and you love extremely bland styling. By chance is your favorite meal plain rice cakes with a glass of room temperature tap water?

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 790
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
I gotta say, I loved the old Cyborg Kachina Coyote. I would love it if they brought it back, or at the very least, the trim. Make something southwestern with the jerseys. Unfortunately the Coyote is not very unique to the southwest.

Mayo Taco Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Dirty Old Man
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
"pitchback"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Maybe more like a drop pass.

Dirty Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Well of course you'd think that, it's a pretty wild design and you love extremely bland styling. By chance is your favorite meal plain rice cakes with a glass of room temperature tap water?
No way man. I love Indian, Vietnamese, Ethiopian, Peruvian, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Greek, Cuban, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian, or whatever else you got, man.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

I really liked the original Kachina number.
The current issue I believe was instigated by Gretzky,
a semi salute to the old Soviet Red Army squads uni's.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I really liked the original Kachina number. The current issue I believe was instigated by Gretzky, a semi salute to the old Soviet Red Army squads uni's.
Yeah, I saw Miracle the other day, and I thought that ours looks strangely similar

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:30 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Roller hockey.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:01 AM
linden79

Quote:
Understated is good, especially when you're talking about a team logo, color theme and jersey. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I really think your new Jerseys are some of the best in the league. Please stick with them.

linden79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No way man. I love Indian, Vietnamese, Ethiopian, Peruvian, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Greek, Cuban, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian, or whatever else you got, man.
It was a rhetorical question but still that confuses me even further. By all accounts you're a very colorful person, how you can have such an affinity for beyond bland styling is beyond me.

btw...with a little google search I was able to find your ideal logo:

The C is for Coyotes.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I maybe in minority, but I personally love the newer jerseys.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
I, for one, as a native american (navajo) find the old style, and so called "kachina" style downright offensive. call it unique or whatever you want but it's definately not "kachina".

Kimahri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
And I'm not even traditional, so to speak. I grew up in Phoenix, as white as they come. My pops is from Buffalo, NY. Straight white, or french canadian, mostly. But living a majority of my life in New Mexico and learning alot of my Navajo side (50%), tradition and lifestyle, its borderline offensive to call the old logo "kachina".

Also, i Lived in Toledo the last year or so, and I had the opertunity to watch Vermette from time to time...I understand the Jackets fans frusturations with him the past two years, but he's an excellent two way forward from the games i've watched. (about 40 or so games the past 2 years, and unfortunately about 50 or so redwings games. Ken Daniels and the rest of the redwings crew is embarrassing to listen too (the mickey's especially)...terrible) He has speed to burn and good offensive instincts. Think Lombardi with size.

Kimahri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It's as "kachina" style as Taco Bell is Mexican style. While the authenticity is laughable, I'm not sure its the intent. I'm also a little surprised at "offensive". Don't get me wrong it offends my eyeballs, but I didn't think it could actually hurt feelings. I'm also surprised to find a Navajo upset by it. Every Navajo I've known considered kachina dolls a Hopi thing. In my experience, Navajos don't have positive things to say about Hopis. This Navajo girl I dated for a while used to call them "cliff ****ters". I still remember the first time she busted that out. The only explanation I got from her was "they couldn't figure out anything better, so they **** off of cliffs". Haha.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
It was a rhetorical question but still that confuses me even further. By all accounts you're a very colorful person, how you can have such an affinity for beyond bland styling is beyond me.

btw...with a little google search I was able to find your ideal logo:

The C is for Coyotes.
Haha. Maybe I like bland uniforms. I think I prefer simple, clean, and classic.

Baseball uniforms I definitely love. Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Dodgers. They've got colors. Very different and bold colors. Still, I think they look GREAT.

In hockey I like the original six teams. I like the Gretzky Kings. I LOVE the Canucks new alternates. The way the bright blue and green pop, with that simple stick and rink C. I love the Joe Sakic era Nordiques uniforms. As far as newer uniforms go, I like the pre lock out Blues, the pre lock out Wild, I really like the current Dallas Stars home/aways. The Devils are good, too. LA's alternates are okay, too. LOVE the new Tampa blues. Maybe my favorite is those Tampas. So sharp.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
NMFlyer1998
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
And I'm not even traditional, so to speak. I grew up in Phoenix, as white as they come. My pops is from Buffalo, NY. Straight white, or french canadian, mostly. But living a majority of my life in New Mexico and learning alot of my Navajo side (50%), tradition and lifestyle, its borderline offensive to call the old logo "kachina".

Also, i Lived in Toledo the last year or so, and I had the opertunity to watch Vermette from time to time...I understand the Jackets fans frusturations with him the past two years, but he's an excellent two way forward from the games i've watched. (about 40 or so games the past 2 years, and unfortunately about 50 or so redwings games. Ken Daniels and the rest of the redwings crew is embarrassing to listen too (the mickey's especially)...terrible) He has speed to burn and good offensive instincts. Think Lombardi with size.
hey brah

Last edited by NMFlyer1998: 02-24-2012 at 10:21 AM.
NMFlyer1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Maybe I will just be rejected as a hockey infidel, but I'm never a huge fan of the Original 6/simplistic stuff.

Don't like Boston, Chicago, or Montreal

Toronto's are great though. New Tampa jerseys are awesome.

My favorite in the game today is probably the St. Louis alternates, but they're regular **** is ****. The new Flyers stuff is **** too, there's a reason why some **** is retro.

When I think about it, I guess I don't like that many jerseys in the NHL. I do love our whites.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote