HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A slew of Washington Capitals

Old
02-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
You could get pretty good return for the underlined guys. 2nd rounders and 2nd tier prospects or else a couple of decent roster players if you wanted that. Hell, for Wideman, you might get a late first. Defensemen like wideman always have multiple takers and Johansson's got some wheels on him, even if he hasn't really done anything yet. And, while I don't think much of Neuvirth, he's better than a couple teams' starters and cheaper in a trade than Bernier or Cory, so he'd get takers.

The bold guys are worth 3rd rounders, probably, or project-type forwards.

The other guys are waiver claims or career-ahler swaps. Sorry. Maybe Halpern would go for a 6th.
Please tell me you're trolling. You can't possibly be serious.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Ten88Nineteen

The best move the Caps can make right now is to sell Wideman while teams will be willing to overlook his downsides and pay ridiculously for him.

Semin's trade value, on the other hand, is approaching zero - if not there already. Whereas this is the time for players like Dominic Moore and Hal Gill to fetch good deals, what team is going to want to try and fit Semin in now?

Ten88Nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten88Nineteen View Post
The best move the Caps can make right now is to sell Wideman while teams will be willing to overlook his downsides and pay ridiculously for him.

Semin's trade value, on the other hand, is approaching zero - if not there already. Whereas this is the time for players like Dominic Moore and Hal Gill to fetch good deals, what team is going to want to try and fit Semin in at this time of year?
Why do you say that? He's been our best player for the last month, at least.
And im not saying that as a homer, i've wanted him traded for well over a year.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:21 AM
PATCHESx67

would love Johansson with the habs,what about a trade around Tomas Plekanec ? i see you guys need a 2nd line C badly and thats exactly where Pleks would be at hes best,one of the best two way centers in the game

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:

Semin's trade value, on the other hand, is approaching zero - if not there already. Whereas this is the time for players like Dominic Moore and Hal Gill to fetch good deals, what team is going to want to try and fit Semin in now?
Yeah, who wants a winger who's been a point per game player over the past 27 games? Scoring's so overrated.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Ten88Nineteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Why do you say that? He's been our best player for the last month, at least.
And im not saying that as a homer, i've wanted him traded for well over a year.
Big cap hit, UFA, questions regarding work ethic and drive, disappears for long stretches of time, etc.

Ten88Nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:28 AM
dahlenrules

The guys I dont want them to move ever: Backstrom, alzner, orlov.

It'd take a lot and id probably rather keep: Brouwer, laich, Carlson, green, holtby, Johansson

Don't care about anyone else on the team except maybe Hendricks and perreault

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
I'd suggest Nicklas Jensen + 1st.
lol.. Do you even watch your own team? You want THAT for Wideman?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Haha "hammerlik"

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
NYVanfan

re canucks ... is wideman that much different than ballard?

id be interested in knuble to provide that vet presence for a playoff run
maybe wideman and knuble, ideally alzner and knuble
these are avail pieces, no surprises:

raymond, schneider, ballard, alberts, picks, prospects

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:13 AM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
You're not getting Alzner. Jesus.

The Instigator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
The guys I dont want them to move ever: Backstrom, alzner, orlov.

It'd take a lot and id probably rather keep: Brouwer, laich, Carlson, green, holtby, Johansson

Don't care about anyone else on the team except maybe Hendricks and perreault
Ovie?

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
Ovie?
He can go, guy sucks

Paille straight up?

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2edAlien View Post
Be realistic. During those rafter years, the SE was a joke. When TB started putting together a decent team last year, I already started worrying... and with Florida actually signing people (albeit very random signings... and was seen as a joke more than anything else) that made me worry even more. Carolina in all honesty is under performing and they seemed to have always put up quite a fight against the Caps. The Caps never really played all that well during those years... it just so happened that the other teams sucked even more.

And no, don't blow the team up. On paper, the team is fine... they've just been sucking **** all season long.
I'm sure that's how we won a President's Trophy and had consecutive #1 seeds in the Eastern Conference, including while Tampa Bay was good last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

Close in the same way the sun is close to the Andromeda galaxy for Vancouver.
So, really really close in the scheme of space? Poor example, buddy.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
Hard to gauge the value of players, let alone who should stay or go, when they system they play doesn't fit the personnel.

I think the biggest mistake Caps management made was to listen to everyone about how their style (run and gun) couldn't win a Cup. While that may or may not be true, you can't just implement a new system and style of play without changing a substantial portion of your roster. You can't change one without changing the other, at least when it comes to such a dramatic shift in philosophy.

Not sure what GMGM was thinking here. He assembled a ton of offensive talent, and than overreacted and went totally with a defensive philosophy. Absolutely killed the spark that team had, in my opinion.

Obviously, there are some guys who absolutely won't (or can't be traded) for various reasons, but if I were in charge, the only "untouchables" would be Backstrom, Alzner and Carlson. If nothing else, they need a big culture shift in that locker room.
Hard to disagree with 99% of what you say. Its all true.

However for the untouchables I'd include younger players like Orlov, Kuznetsov, Johansson and Holtby etc as well as Ovechkin tho they do need to find a way to get him back on track.

BobRouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:37 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:

Obviously there would be several teams calling if he were to be made available. Even as a rental, teams that struggle for offense like Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix and St. Louis would gladly look into the cost of bringing his sniping ability to their team for a playoff run.

On a team like Vancouver, Semin would be lethal with the Sedin & Sedin.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
[/B]

Semin would be lethal with the Sedin & Sedin.
So would my mom, those two made Anson Carter look good.

Evil Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
gillyguzzler

I hadn't seen the Caps play in a little while but watched most of last night's game. Not a pretty game to stomach if you're a Caps' fan. It's hard to think of them as anything but sellers at the trade deadline for a quick rebuild.

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
One bad year = BLOW IT UP
The fact that the only team this core(Ovechkin/Backstrom/Semin/Green) have beaten in the playoffs is two average Ranger teams should be alarming. Also considering that they have already fired a coach, I think the front office should consider changing GM's or blowing up the core. I'd look at what I could get for everyone but Backstrom, Alzner, Carlson, and Kuznetsov.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I hadn't seen the Caps play in a little while but watched most of last night's game. Not a pretty game to stomach if you're a Caps' fan. It's hard to think of them as anything but sellers at the trade deadline for a quick rebuild.
Except the standings, which show that the Southeast is terrible right alongside the Capitals.

What is keeping the Caps from selling is that they are in reach of third and eighth place.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
FrankM73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Semin
Wideman
Shultz
Hamrlik
Perrault
Knuble
Beagle
Vokoun
Ward

Ovechkin - Backstrom - XXX

XXX - Johansson - Brouwer

Chimera - Laich - XXX

Hendricks - Halpern - XXX

Green - XXX

Carlson - Alzner

Orlov - XXX

Neuvirth

Holtby

IMO that's a more likely list of guys on the market. I'm not sure Semin will be available because he's been our best forward since Backstrom went down, but I'll leave him there. Johansson's not being moved, Neuvirth probably won't be either. Halpern is a local guy returning home, and will probaby want to finish his career here , so I don't see him being made available for anything less than a significant overpayment. Ward has been playing like a 4th liner at over 3 times the cost, so he should definitely be available if someone will take him. Vokoun's the expiring veteran contract, so he's the goalie that'd be moved. Laich should be on that list too, but he just signed that contract and he's pretty popular here, so I doubt he'll be available. Obviously, Semin, Wideman, and Vokoun are the major pieces here, and all of them will have a starting asking price of a 1st + mid range prospect or elite prospect + mid range pick, with bidding going up from there. This team desperately needs to retool, and moving those guys in a buyers market is a great way to do it.
I'd actually keep Beagle because A) he won't get much in return, and B) he's the type of player I like in DC, gives his all, stands up for teammates, etc...

Quote:
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound117 View Post
To be fair it's not just one bad year, it's being ousted in the 2nd by Pittsburgh, ousted in the 1st by Montreal, swept by Tampa in the 2nd, and now this embarassment.
^This!

and add this to your list...
Strip Ovechkin of the Captain's C, give it to Laich and let him play... kind of like what they did with Marleau in SJ...

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Except the standings, which show that the Southeast is terrible right alongside the Capitals.

What is keeping the Caps from selling is that they are in reach of third and eighth place.
All true but they still looked awful in just about every aspect of the game. But, once in the playoffs, anything can happen I guess!

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I'd actually keep Beagle because A) he won't get much in return, and B) he's the type of player I like in DC, gives his all, stands up for teammates, etc...

and add this to your list...
Strip Ovechkin of the Captain's C, give it to Laich and let him play... kind of like what they did with Marleau in SJ...
beagle stands up for teamates??? and laich is not our captain, hes probably the caps most overrated player

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
To be fair, most of those players suck/overpaid/probably gone.

Vokoun will leave if not dealt. Wideman could be useful to a team. Ward is overpaid. I think he makes 3.5 for 4th line duties ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Skrudland2Lomakin

I think it's moronic to even consider trading Johansson simply because he's been slumping. MoJo's upside is huge. Is he the 2nd line C the Caps need? No, but you don't go and throw away what could be an incredibly valuable piece to the puzzle because of that.

Guy's I'd be willing to part with.

Preferably:
Knuble (Old, not really producing)
Wideman (Contracts ends, having All Star year, would get a lot more than he's worth IMO)
Schultz (Has made decent strides in the last few games but just doesn't fit into DH's system, plus is good for a Schultz play every once and a while)
Vokoun/Neuvirth (which ever yields the most in return and keep the other)
Ward (Bloated contract, hasn't shown anything)

For the right price:
Laich (Seems to be really over valued by opposing fans, maybe a few GM's are in the same thinking)
Perrault (Most people would have him in their preferable lists, but I think Perrault is a great spark plug)
Hamrlik (Not particularly great, but not horrific either)

Most of the other guys I'd really prefer to keep, shuffle around, and find the right places for them. Semin seems to have bought into DH's system so if we can get him to take a pay cut I'll absolutely buy that one. I think the Caps obviously have issues, but having two incredibly valuable pieces in Mike Green and Backstrom injured for the better part of a year is not going to help anyone. A new GM might be in order, but I'm not ready to hold a fire sale just yet.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote