HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lebrun doesn't think Gauthier will be back as GM

Old
02-20-2012, 10:40 PM
schumway2

vCash: 500
Lebrun doesn't think Gauthier will be back as GM

Pierre Lebrun was on L'antichambre and said he doesn't see Gauthier returning in his position next season. He said the Markov and Kaberle deals made him look really bad.

My reaction:

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Pierre Lebrun was on L'antichambre and said he doesn't see Gauthier returning in his position next season. He said the Markov and Kaberle deals made him look really bad.

My reaction:
Lebrun is a nerd. Who cares waht he says?

The Habs are full of good young players, Gauthier has done a great job.

Why should he be fired because he made the decision to re-sign their best possible option on defence and hope that the doctors were right about when he'd be okay to play?

Seems stupid.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Those wouldn't be the reasons I would send him packing.

To me there was no big picture, no clear goal, no path or a reason for almost all of the things that happened. Too helter-skelter for me.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Not surprising, Lebrun bashes almost everything Gauthier does so obviously he'd think that.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Not surprising, Lebrun bashes almost everything Gauthier does so obviously he'd think that.
He said if it was him he'd have fired him after the Kaberle trade.

Old
AntonCH

FWIW

Last year everyone had wilson from ottawa pegged as a goner
fast forward to this year and he's still around and the team is in the hunt for a play-off spot. Who woulda thunk it?

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
at least he gave credits to PG in the Gill's trade

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:49 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

To me there was no big picture, no clear goal, no path or a reason for almost all of the things that happened. Too helter-skelter for me.
Mr.Frozenice has a good point. But we don't discuss those things on HF. We keep them in-server.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:50 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

No big picture or clear goal?

How about building a team that is young and has one of the best goalies in the entire league?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Price My Man Crush

2006-2007: We were suppose to do the playoffs, we missed them by a few points. The last defeat was fatal.
2007-2008: Experts thought that the Habs would finished like 11-12th in the East conference, they finished 1st!

Same story as 2006-2007 for this season.
Next year, Stanley Cup IS BACK IN MONTREAL!

Price My Man Crush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Gauthier earns a lot of points with the Gill trade. If he does another one that's as good, then I'm not so sure he'll be let go.
At this point, it's only speculation anyways. A lot of people think PG will be let go as well, but the reality is Molson is as secretive as Gauthier, so there's no way of knowing.

Clearly, PG wasn't told to not make moves anymore. That to me tells me Molson haven't decided yet, and maybe they never even thought about letting him go.

The media and fans like to create their own reality in Mtl, but we never really know what's going on unless it's close to happening.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post

My reaction:
The Kabs trade was pure ****. We could have used that money to snag something decent in the off season. The Markov move is what I stated when it went down. A gamble that will shot us in the foot. Hell, signing me would have been a better move. I know I would have played at least one game by now!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
The Kabs trade was pure ****. We could have used that money to snag something decent in the off season. The Markov move is what I stated when it went down. A gamble that will shot us in the foot. Hell, signing me would have been a better move. I know I would have played at least one game by now!
If we trade all our UFA's and move Gomez(trade or waivers), we'll have money up the wazoo. Plus, I don't see where Kaberle is "unmoveable".

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:56 PM
gusfring

Hopefully he is right. This year has been an out and out disaster.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Can't be worse than Campoli.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Gauthier's job will depends on how he retools and ends the season. The pick, getting a #1 center, trading gomez or kaberle. I'll give him a chance, but I want to see something good by end of year. Something that will make us think "this guy left his mark(in a positive way)".

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:39 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Lebrun is a nerd. Who cares waht he says?

The Habs are full of good young players, Gauthier has done a great job.
Baffling

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Gauthier's job will depends on how he retools and ends the season. The pick, getting a #1 center, trading gomez or kaberle. I'll give him a chance, but I want to see something good by end of year. Something that will make us think "this guy left his mark(in a positive way)".
I would think ownership has already made their decision (one way or the other) and in the off-season we'll find out what it is.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:46 PM
PATCHESx67

hes made good and bad moves,if he keeps doing good trades come deadline and with a good draft/FA signings dont see why he woudlnt deserve another chance.People can bash him for grabbing Campoli/Kaberle but Markov was a must,maybe too many years and money but contract talks cant always go ur way specially with a player like Andrei.Emelin and Diaz were also good signing's,same goes for the wiz trade or Moore.Some people are always quick to forget the good things people make and enjoy bashing them the second they make one bad thing.

ill decide after trade Deadline

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:49 PM
OneSharpMarble

The clueless can keep babbling on about such strawmen as "the kaberle trade" and "the Markov deal" as if they can see past their bias. It is hilarious how two things that have had such a little impact can be brought up by the mindless masses countless times in a vain attempt to slander the man.

Gauthier just keeps making smart moves and maximizing value while the little dogs like this lebrun goof yap away.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:49 PM
schumway2

Quote:
I don't see why he should be given to chance to do so. He was part of the brain trust who made all those moves to put the team in this situation. Plus it's not his first rodeo. He has a poor track record dating back 15 years.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
hes made good and bad moves,if he keeps doing good trades come deadline and with a good draft/FA signings dont see why he woudlnt deserve another chance.People can bash him for grabbing Campoli/Kaberle but Markov was a must,maybe too many years and money but contract talks cant always go ur way specially with a player like Andrei.Emelin and Diaz were also good signing's,same goes for the wiz trade or Moore.Some people are always quick to forget the good things people make and enjoy bashing them the second they make one bad thing.

ill decide after trade Deadline
If he's not coming back, he's out the moment the season finishes for the Habs. It'd make no sense to put a GM in after an offseason of moves.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:52 PM
hockeyfan2k11

With Gauthier it's not JUST about the trades. The management needs to be removed. The culture needs to change. We need a leader as a GM with new ideas. A proactive GM. Gauthier is not that guy.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The clueless can keep babbling on about such strawmen as "the kaberle trade" and "the Markov deal" as if they can see past their bias. It is hilarious how two things that have had such a little impact can be brought up by the mindless masses countless times in a vain attempt to slander the man.

Gauthier just keeps making smart moves and maximizing value while the little dogs like this lebrun goof yap away.
If those were the only gaffes he made I'd agree with you. Unfortunately, Gauthier has made many gaffes. And you have the audacity to call people clueless.

The Gauthier sympathizers are just like the Gainey ones. Completely delusional.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:57 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
If he's not coming back, he's out the moment the season finishes for the Habs. It'd make no sense to put a GM in after an offseason of moves.
so if thats the case then why keep him around to make trades ? unless Molson/other staff needs to approve the trades before idk but dont think Geoff decided yet and will wait till offseason.he will also need to have a GM ready to step in before he fires Gauthier.This offseason will sure be exiting to watch lol with draft,coaching/DG situation,UFA signings geez i think its the first time im exited for a season to end

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote