HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lebrun doesn't think Gauthier will be back as GM

Old
02-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Yeah I was happy with a player who had 16 goals 29 pts and over the last 2 playoffs. I'm less happy with a big stiff who was criticized on national TV for being soft and indifferent.

And Cammy makes 6m a year.
He scored 27 goals in each of his last two seasons and has 16 goals this season.

Bourque and his 67 hits are more useful to THIS team than Cammy and his 12 hits.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:19 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
still not worth 6.5 and his bad defensive play
Just so you know it's 6M cap hit but he is paid 7m next 2 years.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

To stay on topic, even PG moves last year were great, he gave up for a 2nd round pick for Wiz, and when you compare that to what the Bruins paid for Kaberle, what the caps paid for Wiedman, what the Rangers paid for MaCabe, PG not only got the best value got got Wiz for the most amount of time, over half a season. Same thing with Moore in 2010, he got Moore for more games, got better play over other comparable players like Eric Belanger who Pierre McGuire suggests the Habs should have got instead, who went to the caps for a 2nd as well but they got him for less time.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:32 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Again, 6. Also, yah, let's not get to 3rd round. Who needs that?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:59 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Lebrun is a nerd. Who cares waht he says?

The Habs are full of good young players, Gauthier has done a great job.

Why should he be fired because he made the decision to re-sign their best possible option on defence and hope that the doctors were right about when he'd be okay to play?

Seems stupid.
Here hear,that Lebrun can see at all amazes this reader with the tripe he has come up with.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:17 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The clueless can keep babbling on about such strawmen as "the kaberle trade" and "the Markov deal" as if they can see past their bias. It is hilarious how two things that have had such a little impact can be brought up by the mindless masses countless times in a vain attempt to slander the man.

Gauthier just keeps making smart moves and maximizing value while the little dogs like this lebrun goof yap away.
well the reality is he has a mixed record. it's not as doom-and-gloom as some (too many to mention) will say and it's not as unicorns prancing in fields of daisies happy times like Carey Price will tell you either.

not sure why most people always feel like they have to speak in absolutes... ridonkurous...

as far as i am concerned. i had to slap myself silly when i saw gill's return. i give him until draft day. timmins makes the picks anyways but im curious to see if he goes after any of the holes in our lineup he is supposedly finally seeing now...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:40 AM
onice

Quote:
Gauthier just keeps making smart moves and maximizing value while the little dogs like this lebrun goof yap away.
Let's see, the last 10 years we have had one of the best head scouts in the league and yet this year we're competing for a lottery pick and looking at next year's roster we really have no one to bring up from the A. If that's what smart moves by Gauthier does for an organization, I fear to ask you what his great moves will do. Relegate us to the AHL?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:00 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
the problem with Gauthier is the BAD outweighs the good and it's not JUST about trades. The perception of Gauthier very low. The perception of the Habs organization is not a good one.
You forgot to mention D'agostini an NHLer for Palushaj who is looking more and more every day that he is an AHler for life. Trading Sergei at his lowest value was bad but then not even getting a bag of used pucks.

Trading O'Byrne and then a few weeks later needing to shore up the defence. He got Bournival in the trade but today he is still 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL. Even when Gauthier makes a decent trade it shows he doesn't have a finger on the pulse of his team. If he was a half way decent GM he should have realized he had depleted his prospects and needed a prospect in the O'Byrne trade that was closer to entering the NHL.

Starting this year with Weber, Diaz and Campoli on defence and when he found that defence wasn't soft enough he went and got Kaberle. Although I thought the Kaberle trade was a good one, you don't put him on a defence that already has Weber, Diaz & Campoli.

A few weeks after the Kaberle trade he admits to the press that we need to get bigger.

The man, like his mentor Gainey, has no vision. He stumbles from one disater to another.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Let's see, the last 10 years we have had one of the best head scouts in the league and yet this year we're competing for a lottery pick and looking at next year's roster we really have no one to bring up from the A. If that's what smart moves by Gauthier does for an organization, I fear to ask you what his great moves will do. Relegate us to the AHL?
The problem isn't Gauthier it's the moves Gainey made the last 1 1/2 years he was here.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:20 AM
onice

Quote:
6) Comparing these two is hilarious, gainey made moves that sit him down beside milbury, Gauthier has done nothing like that. Hell if Kaberle maintains his point pace from this year to next we could feasibly move him for a 1st round pick and I bet a lot of you would be mysteriously missing.
And yet the team Gainey built went to the Conference final one year and the next took the eventual Stanley Cup winners to a 7th game overtime loss.

The team that Gauthier finished cleaning up may win the lottery pick this year.

And this is coming from someone who did not like Gainey's stay as GM.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:33 AM
onice

Quote:
Ok show me the records of Gauthier saying "Gainey if you don't get "so and so" I am quitting"
This is what you are suggesting.

Three years ago around July first. Gauthier is lounging about in his playboy jamies, frolicking with 20 year old blondes he met the night before.

His cell rings.

Gauthier: Allo! Mr Gauthier speaking

Bobsled: Hey Pee-Air, I got a great brainstorm this morning while I was working on my comb-over.

Gauthier: Bon jour, Mr. Bob.

Bobsled: Yeah yeah, bon jour to you too. Wanna hear my great idea? Gionta & Cammy, huh? Huh? And you know what's even better? Gomez between them.

Gauthier: Mr Bob as your Pro Scout and Assistant GM I must advise you that is a foolish and impetuous lineup.

Bobsled: Naw, naw, trust me. It'll work. Go back to doing what you do best. Frolicking.

Gauthier: I must protest, Mr Bob. Those players are soft and small.

Bobsled: But they're fast, Pee-Air, they're fast. We'll burn all our opponents with our blazing speed. Besides I already traded for Gomez and signed Cammy & Gionta. There's nothing you can do about it.

Hangs up. the blonde next to Gauthier sticks her thumb in her mouth and giggles. Gauthier shrugs and smiles at her.

Gauthier: Where were we, Ms June 2008?

Last edited by onice: 02-21-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old
02-21-2012, 05:35 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
The Kabs trade was pure ****. We could have used that money to snag something decent in the off season. The Markov move is what I stated when it went down. A gamble that will shot us in the foot. Hell, signing me would have been a better move. I know I would have played at least one game by now!
Yes Dr. Maliki, YOU knew Markov would not be back when the real doctors were saying to PG he would back in October. Signing Markov was a no brainer and ionly idiots can't understand how the facst of life work.

Let's playyyyyyyyyyyyy Blame it all on Gauthier!!!!!!

1st question for 500$: Who did PG sign as a UFA this summer that is our best scorer?
Answer: Campoli is the worse signing ever "?%$/*?"!

2nd question for 750$: What did PG obtain for an aold slow about to be retired defenseman?
Answer: Nothing, Geoffrion is a carreer AHLer and the 2nd pick in a terrible draft year will amount to nothing.

Keep playing alone in your basement

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Subban76

Quote:
WOW, Gauthier as been our GM for 10 years?

Some of you are just retarded.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:46 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
I can't believe some people are approving of Kaberle's trade. Spacek, a better defensive D with no more years left, for Kaberle, two years left, can only pass on the PP, sucks in our own end...

Yes, our PP went from 30th in the league to 29th! We still suck.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:48 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
WOW, Gauthier as been our GM for 10 years?

Some of you are just retarded.
Director of Professional Scouting since 2003.
Retarded, you are.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:59 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The problem isn't Gauthier it's the moves Gainey made the last 1 1/2 years he was here.
Moves that Gainey made with Gauthier as his right hand man.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:04 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Gauthier has one more week to prove his worth. I am thinking he will only make good trades or none at all.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:09 AM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
You forgot to mention D'agostini an NHLer for Palushaj who is looking more and more every day that he is an AHler for life. Trading Sergei at his lowest value was bad but then not even getting a bag of used pucks.

Trading O'Byrne and then a few weeks later needing to shore up the defence. He got Bournival in the trade but today he is still 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL. Even when Gauthier makes a decent trade it shows he doesn't have a finger on the pulse of his team. If he was a half way decent GM he should have realized he had depleted his prospects and needed a prospect in the O'Byrne trade that was closer to entering the NHL.

Starting this year with Weber, Diaz and Campoli on defence and when he found that defence wasn't soft enough he went and got Kaberle. Although I thought the Kaberle trade was a good one, you don't put him on a defence that already has Weber, Diaz & Campoli.

A few weeks after the Kaberle trade he admits to the press that we need to get bigger.

The man, like his mentor Gainey, has no vision. He stumbles from one disater to another.

You have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. For one, O'Byrne got traded but how does one predict the injuries that our defence experienced after the trade. As for the Kaberle deal, even you thought it was good to begin with. Remember, he was just desperately looking to get the PP going. That PP is what got us into the playoffs the previous few years. The deal was made for that specific purpose only and not to necessarily acquire a more complete player. You may not like some deals now but you have to acknowledge that we don't all have crystal balls and this team has had some bad luck recently, e.g. Markov's injury.

Philly has had their difficulties as well trying to make up for Pronger being gone. They have a more talented team upfront so it makes up for deficiencies a bit. However, if they get knocked out in the first round, will their fans be wondering if giving up two 2nd round picks was too much and if Holmgren is a useless GM (especially getting rid of Richards and Carter too)?

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:48 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Which ones? Cmon lets here the treasure trove of mistakes he has made. I have heard you whine about the same sad little points over and over. "He fired martin in a weird way" or "cammalleri trade was strange" . You have nothing on him but do keep trying it makes me laugh.
PG is a bad GM. Cammareri trade was a distraction and he actually came out and said he made a mistake firing Martin which was a blunder in my honest opinion. Then he goes and hires a below average non French speaking coach mid season. I'm not French but you would think if he was going to break the non-French coach barrier this team has formed over the years, he would atleast get the best English coach out there. All he did was create a huge diatraction for the team with the media and fans. A GM should not be creating stupid distractions for his team. He needs to be gone. Gainey was a saint compared to this guy. Our run to the EC finals and our 6th place in the eastern conference last year was because of the pieces Gainey put together, not Gauthier. It's funny because I don't even like Gainey.

Last edited by nhlfan9191: 02-21-2012 at 06:54 AM.
nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Moves that Gainey made with Gauthier as his right hand man.
Yeah cause Gainey had no clue what Gomez' cap hit was...it's not like Gainey had previous Gm experience so he relied on Gauthier to make all his moves...

Old
02-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
PG is a bad GM. Cammareri trade was a distraction and he actually came out and said he made a mistake firing Martin which was a blunder in my honest opinion. Then he goes and hires a below average non French speaking coach mid season. I'm not French but you would think if he was going to break the non-French coach barrier this team has formed over the years, he would atleast get the best English coach out there. All he did was create a huge diatraction for the team with the media and fans. A GM should not be creating stupid distractions for his team. He needs to be gone. Gainey was a saint compared to this guy. Our run to the EC finals and our 6th place in the eastern conference last year was because of the pieces Gainey put together, not Gauthier. It's funny because I don't even like Gainey.
When did he say firing Martin was a mistake?

The funniest part is 95% of posters wanted JM gone...then once he got fired and the team played worst they blamed PG for it...lots of backbone on this board!

Old
02-21-2012, 06:59 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
And Bourque is sooooooo worth it.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:04 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When did he say firing Martin was a mistake?

The funniest part is 95% of posters wanted JM gone...then once he got fired and the team played worst they blamed PG for it...lots of backbone on this board!
Errr... On any other team the GM would be held accountable for that. But for whatever reason in your world it isn't his fault.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Gauthier has one more week to prove his worth. I am thinking he will only make good trades or none at all.
More like he has one week to make his boss forget about his 8 years of incompetence.

Tall order.

Bye Pierre.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Errr... On any other team the GM would be held accountable for that. But for whatever reason in your world it isn't his fault.
Held accountable for what?