HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ vs. San Jose Sharks (Tues Feb 21 7pm)

Old
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
leesmith
Still in.

vCash: 500
CBJ vs. San Jose Sharks (Tues Feb 21 7pm)

Whether you think he's part of the problem or part of the solution, this may be the last chance you have to show your appreciation for all Rick Nash has done in a Blue Jackets uniform. So tonight is unofficially #RickNashNight.

OPPONENT AT A GLANCE:
Head Coach: Todd McLellan… Record: 31-19-7, 69 pts… Standings: 1st/Pacific Division… 3rd/Western Conference… The Sharks are 13-10-5 on the road, but have gone 2-6-2 in their last 10 games away from HP Pavilion of San Jose… Leading Scorer: C Joe Thornton (12-40-52, 57 GP)… Leading Goaltender: Antti Niemi (23-14-4, 2.44 GAA, .914 SV%, 4 SO in 44 GP)… All-Time Series: Jackets are 13-26-4, including 10-9-2 at home… Jackets went 2-2-0 in 2010-11… This Season: Final of four meetings… San Jose won 2-1 on Jan. 5 and 6-0 on Jan. 31 at home and 2-1 on Jan. 14 at Nationwide Arena.

TV: Fox Sports Ohio HD
RADIO: WWCD 102.5 FM

PROMOTIONS:
Rick Nash makes big money. And tonight is the first $10,000 Tuesday. A total of $10,000 in prizes will be given away each Tuesday home game for the remainder of the season. Rick Nash is "at his best when he plays like a bull." And it's also Columbus Zoo & Aquarium Night. Highlights of the night include an appearance by Jack Hanna, the zoo’s director emeritus, as well as numerous animal displays throughout Nationwide Arena.

The audition continues. Rick Nash has points in six of the last eight games after scoring his 19th goal of the season against the Rangers on Sunday. He has 2-5-7 during that stretch, while collecting 6-7-13 the last 20 games.

Will tempers Boyle over again? Rick Nash nearly came to blows with San Jose defenseman Dan Boyle during their January 5 game. Nash said he asked to fight "three of four times." Boyle said he was "confused." Instead, he decided to take on Derrick Brassard during their last matchup. Will they actually drop em this time?

Mason seeks to rebound and stop giving up juicy rebounds. During his last outing against the Sharks, Steve Mason was lit up for six straight goals. If it happens again, who will he yell at this time? He'll have to play well because Curtis Sanford is still out after getting an epidural last week. The gender of the baby is not known.

Nikki Six back to rock the house. Defensemen Nikita Nikitin and James Wisniewski are expected to return to the Columbus blue line tonight.

Antoine the Iron Man? Antoine Vermette has taken over the longest active consecutive games played streak, having played in 240-straight entering tonight’s contest. He is expected to play the 600th game of his NHL career tonight against the Sharks.

1: The one good thing nobody debates that Doug MacLean did right. It's also the number of times the CBJ have made the playoffs with Rick Nash on the roster.
5: The number of times Rick Nash represented Columbus as an NHL All-Star. It could also be the number of players involved in a trade for his services.
12: The number of seconds needed for Rick Nash to score the fastest goal in NHL All-Star Game history. He was also named Captain on the 12th day of March 2008.
40: The number of points Rick Nash has this season. One shy of the number of goals he tallied in the 2003-2004 season to win the Rocket Richard Trophy
-23: That's Rick Nash's brutal plus-minus for this season. It's also the amount of dollars the organization will be out if I stay away from the beer lines tonight.
Unknown: The number of games Rick Nash has remaining in Union Blue. Take it in and enjoy it while you can.

We Still Want You! New York Ranger fans chanted "We Don't Want You" after Rick Nash scored the tying goal Sunday. If Nash scores or gets an assist, we will counter with "We STILL Want You" after the goal announcement (to the cadence of Let's Go Jackets) http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp25652
Say Thanks or Say Goodbye. Bring signs of appreciation to the Arena or post your props on Twitter using the hashtags #CBJ and #RickNashNight
Voice Your Opinion About Management. Rick Nash would not have to be traded if it weren't for front office incompetence. Do you really want them trading Nash? Speak out on CBJ postings on Facebook and comment on any NHL-related blog. http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...-blue-jackets/
Wear Your Neon Green Get your Fan Protest t-shirts here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/FANS/...810662?sk=wall
Expose idiot Maple Leaf Fans for trying to trade scrubs for Nash at the main boards. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...111747&page=33

Last edited by leesmith: 02-21-2012 at 11:35 AM.
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert

Nice GDT, original in fact. The only thing missing are the ENG's...

The CBJ should lose this game but if Nash wants to get traded he will pot two or more points, if he wants to stay a Blue Jacket he won't get any...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:46 PM
CBJCougar

Lee this is probably the best GDT I've seen in a long time. Good job. Excellent.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:57 PM
FANonymous

<3 Rick Nash no matter what happens.

Unless he ends up in Nashville somehow... Then he is dead to me.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

I so hope the last game for Nash as a CBJ member isn't coming soon. He is our captain, and we can find other ways to rebuild than to give up the face of our franchise.

I seriously doubt we win against San Jose, but I hope Nash has a strong showing. Anything to get him to stay and get the incompetent front office overthrown!

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:21 AM
punk_o_holic

Great GDT and I really hope Nash scores so the fans can chant, "We still want you".

punk_o_holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:29 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

GDT of the year. Well, for us (can't compete with those Sharks GDTs).

I, for one, will be looking forward to a good game tonight. I really hope I don't get burned.

The Four Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:37 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Awesome GDT!

Sharks got beat up in that Detroit game on Sunday. Tough loss, and tough to lose those guys in the final stretch.

Tonight should be a good one in one of Nash's last games.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Great GDT, Lee.

Well, it's a Tuesday, and we get our smallest crowds on this night of the week. And it seems like the Jackets like to win when the building has a nice smallish cozy crowd.

Hoping that we don't let the Sharks sweep us this year, but in the big scheme of things does it matter?

I am just hoping for a good game. Mason is the equalizer. If he is on, it should be entertaining. If his dark side shows up, forget about it. It will be another early night.

Dr. Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
We Still Want You! New York Ranger fans chanted "We Don't Want You" after Rick Nash scored the tying goal Sunday. If Nash scores or gets an assist, we will counter with "We STILL Want You" after the goal announcement (to the cadence of Let's Go Jackets) http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp25652
This would be class. Hope there is an opportunity and I hope folks take it. Good call, lee.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:29 AM
650X2

We are gaining to much ground on Edmonton.. but I got free tickets to tonight's game so. GO JACKETS!

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Nice to see a real GDT.

Having all of these Tuesday night game this year has suck. I will be interested in seeing how the crowd is since the Scott is sold out tonight.

02-21-2012, 09:26 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
This would be class. Hope there is an opportunity and I hope folks take it. Good call, lee.
Why wait for a goal?

WE WANT NASH. WE WANT NASH.

or

KEEP RICK NASH. KEEP RICK NASH.

if he gets dealt, he gets dealt, but I would like to let him know what he means to this city in the meantime.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Great GDT, Lee, great job

I want to see great achievments, play players hard.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Why wait for a goal?

WE WANT NASH. WE WANT NASH.

or

KEEP RICK NASH. KEEP RICK NASH.

if he gets dealt, he gets dealt, but I would like to let him know what he means to this city in the meantime.
That works too!

Old
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM
JacketFanInFL

Bill Davidge's Three Keys to the Game:

1. Score more goals than the Sharks.
B. Keep pucks out of your own net.
4. Change lines to keep from getting tired.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
leesmith
Still in.

And a case could easily be made for why the CBJ SHOULD trade Rick Nash. Whether you want him to stay or want him gone, you can still honor his time here in a classy way.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post

It doesn't get any better than that!

Old
02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
It doesn't get any better than that!
If you dodge a break it does.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
CBJMark

Keys for the Lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post

Keys For The Lame - ah yes, always providing deep analysis and insight to the unwashed masses.

CBJMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:07 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

From Porty's Twitter it looks like Johnson and Wisniewski both will be out tonight with Nikitin back in.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
blahblah

"They're still @#$@#%."

Now that the season is more than dead, we manage to pull off a few wins here and there. We start to put pressure on Edmonton.

It's starts now.... The race to end up outside of the top 2 picks.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
MrDarkBlueJacket

"Thank you, Nash" - certainly.

"We want you, Nash"? - Ummmm...well...

For what it's worth, the Dark Blue Toddler will be accompanying daddy tonight to see the zamboni go around the rink. The kid will be rocking his 2-4T sized Nash CBJ sweater. To think it could be the only time that he could do so without any hint of nostalgia or irony...wow.

MrDarkBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 0
WHile you are at it, let's get two chants going:

Keep Rick Nash!

Sign Dave King!

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM