HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 12:37 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
****. Vermette to Phoenix for a pair of draft picks. Not sure how high the picks were. There goes that dream for me.
2nd and a conditional fifth. A fourth if they win a playoff round.

Damn those old Jets!

Old
02-22-2012, 12:45 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Prices seem to be high so far as this year's trade deadline approaches. Chevy needs to get something for Oduya... at least a 2nd round pick.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Sweech
COYS!

As much as I like Vermette I'm happy Chevy didn't pull the trigger on that type of move.

We need to preserve our 1st and 2nd, while hopefully picking up possibly a few more. 2nd round picks are highly underrated as very good players can be picked up in the second.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Prices seem to be high so far as this year's trade deadline approaches. Chevy needs to get something for Oduya... at least a 2nd round pick.
Agree time to move some pieces of the puzzle before we lose them for nothing.....trade away the UFAs and fill the holes with players from the Rock......If we sneak into the playoffs great...if we don't we will be in a better position next year to be a better team.
The only way I bring someone in is if they are a struggling forward with allot of upside that can be had VERY cheap.....We must keep picks in rounds 1-3 as that will be our future!

Old
02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Apparently the Coyotes might not even move. The league and Greg Jamison are supposed to announce a sale before the end of this month.

Sorry, but this is total groundhog day fare

02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
So on TSN, Darren Dreger mentions Winnipeg as one of the teams still in the market for a Defenseman.

Here on these boards we seem to be making proposals to land us a forward with some scoring ability. Is Chevy looking to add a defenseman in order to replace one of Oduya/Jones or both?

Keeping in mind that he won't chase the rentals, who could he be targeting? Would he be looking strictly at players that are already NHL established or more long term with upside that have spent some time in the NHL?

Who are some youngish defensemen that could be available or had for relatively cheap? Any ideas from any of you other diehards out there? Put yourself in Chevy's shoes and use your thinking caps I'm all

Don't know if any are available, but I'm thinking NHL established players like Ryan Wilson, O'Byrne, Pardy, Nick Schultz, Methot, Drewiske or Niskanen.

Or young pro's like Fistric,Wishart, Scandella, Mike Weber, Braun or Hickey.

After last night's effort, we definitely need to tighten up on our defensive play. Does that mean another defenseman is brought in, who knows, but we all seem to be in the consensus that if we are to make a run at the playoffs, we will need another scorer. I've been racking my brain trying to find a gem that they can attempt to acquire from somewhere in the league. Hope Chevy and his staff are doing the same.

Last edited by untouchable21: 02-22-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
So on TSN, Darren Dreger mentions Winnipeg as one of the teams still in the market for a Defenseman.

Here on these boards we seem to be making proposals to land us a forward with some scoring ability. Is Chevy looking to add a defenseman in order to replace one of Oduya/Jones or both?

Keeping in mind that he won't chase the rentals, who could he be targeting? Would he be looking strictly at players that are already NHL established or more long term with upside that have spent some time in the NHL?

Who are some youngish defensemen that could be available or had for relatively cheap? Any ideas from any of you other diehards out there? Put yourself in Chevy's shoes and use your thinking caps I'm all

Don't know if any are available, but I'm thinking NHL established players like Ryan Wilson, O'Byrne, Pardy, Nick Schultz, Methot, Drewiske or Niskanen.

Or young pro's like Fistric,Wishart, Scandella, Mike Weber, Braun or Hickey.
We couuld obviously use a rough, tough strong d-Man. I wouldn't have an idea of who it could be. Even when Bogo returns we need some strength back there. It was very apparent last night.

Perhaps Chevy will move a puck moving defensman for a Defensive Defenseman.

After Oduya's poor play of late I wonder if we will get very much for him. Perhaps little #39 will be on the move.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
We couuld obviously use a rough, tough strong d-Man. I wouldn't have an idea of who it could be. Even when Bogo returns we need some strength back there. It was very apparent last night.

Perhaps Chevy will move a puck moving defensman for a Defensive Defenseman.

After Oduya's poor play of late I wonder if we will get very much for him. Perhaps little #39 will be on the move.
I agree with you on the need for a tough defensive D man. I don't know if moving Enstrom for that D man is a smart plan if it solves one hole to create another. (but that's besides the point).

I would be on board with moving Oduya or Hainsey for that big, strong defensive D man. Like a Douglas Murray type.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I agree with you on the need for a tough defensive D man. I don't know if moving Enstrom for that D man is a smart plan if it solves one hole to create another. (but that's besides the point).

I would be on board with moving Oduya or Hainsey for that big, strong defensive D man. Like a Douglas Murray type.

Are you referring specifically to Douglas Murray or just a a defenseman that plays like him?

He'd be nice to have, but I think he figures quite prominently in San Jose's plans.

I'm thinking more low key. Something that will not cost us an arm and a leg. A diamond in the rough if you will. Kinda like snagging Stuart last year.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Huffer

Quote:
[/B]

Are you referring specifically to Douglas Murray or just a a defenseman that plays like him?

He'd be nice to have, but I think he figures quite prominently in San Jose's plans.

I'm thinking more low key. Something that will not cost us an arm and a leg. A diamond in the rough if you will. Kinda like snagging Stuart last year.
Just a guy like him. Tough, mean, stay at home, and the type to make opposing players keep their head up and pay the price in front of our net.

I agree though, getting another Stuart would be great.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I wouldn't mind seeing Chevy shuffle up the deck a little bit. Bring in another forward and another d-man could help the team.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

A Douglas Murray type is exactly what we need. Was I ever impressed with him when the Sharks were in town.

I really don't think Oduya or Hainsey have much trade value. Hainsey because of his albatross of a contract and recent poor play and Oduya simply due to poor play.

Maybe we could get a Bickel type player for Oduya but we might be better off getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Enstrom has some trade value and I don't think the hole would be that big. Buff and Bogo are pretty good at jumping up into the play. Buff is always up in the play.

I trust that Chevy will do the right thing.

Last edited by blues10: 02-22-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: sp.
Old
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Wpgpage

I agree we could use another stay at home physical D, a guy who would make sense in FA would be Grossman, he looked good with last night and I doubt PHI is going to be able to resign him with their cap situation. Getting him at 13/4 would be a slight overpayment but nothing terrible.
L/R
Toby/Bogo
Grossman/Buff
Stuart/Postma

Would allow you to move Hainsey for forward help and it still looks like a good group, pretty young as well.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Wish Chevy would find a way to swindle Jimmy Hayes away from the Black Hawks kinda like Yzerman got a 1st from his former club for Quincey. (didn't think Quincy was worth that)

He's got an intriguing combination of size, speed and skill. Almost Blake Wheeler like.

Oduya & Fehr for Hayes and a 2nd. I'll even throw in Jones if they want

Then I'd make the tough decision and trade Kulda and a 3rd to Dallas for Mark Fistric. Doesn't Kulda have to be exposed to waivers next season? If so, it makes the decision to trade him a little easier. Wouldn't want him scooped up if he were demoted.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
cheswick

vCash: 574
Quote:
Wish Chevy would find a way to swindle Jimmy Hayes away from the Black Hawks kinda like Yzerman got a 1st from his former club for Quincey. (didn't think Quincy was worth that)

He's got an intriguing combination of size, speed and skill. Almost Blake Wheeler like.

Oduya & Fehr for Hayes and a 2nd. I'll even throw in Jones if they want

Then I'd make the tough decision and trade Kulda and a 3rd to Dallas for Mark Fistric. Doesn't Kulda have to be exposed to waivers next season? If so, it makes the decision to trade him a little easier. Wouldn't want him scooped up if he were demoted.
Kulda had to clear waivers this season.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 170
Mark Fistric over in Dallas would be a good fit.

He's 6'2 230lbs, but he unlike Hainsey/Jones, plays like he's 6'2 and over 200lbs.

Plus I can see TN wanting him because of the way they enjoy bringing in ex-moose.

Maybe we're able to work Ryder in from them as well. Dallas looks like a good potential trading partner for us.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:15 PM
cheswick

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Mark Fistric over in Dallas would be a good fit.

He's 6'2 230lbs, but he unlike Hainsey/Jones, plays like he's 6'2 and over 200lbs.

Plus I can see TN wanting him because of the way they enjoy bringing in ex-moose.

Maybe we're able to work Ryder in from them as well. Dallas looks like a good potential trading partner for us.
I want Rebeiro from Dallas. Think he still has another year on his contract. Liek the way he plays

Old
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I want Rebeiro from Dallas. Think he still has another year on his contract. Liek the way he plays
Not really the player we would want. He's 32 and Dallas wouldn't deal him for cheap.

That would be a move the old Atlanta franchise would make.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
He's got skill, but I wouldn't want him at all.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Pongs21

I know Eklund is 99% BS but this is interesting... "We have heard the Devils talk from way back, however I keep hearing other teams ahead of NJ. And my favorite for Marek may surprise you. Today a source in Winnipeg called me and told me he heard a deal could get done for Zidlicky and that currently it is just a matter of what conditions occur over the next week."

Old
02-22-2012, 04:52 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
****. Vermette to Phoenix for a pair of draft picks. Not sure how high the picks were. There goes that dream for me.
I can't believe Vermette didn't fetch more in return than that. He's a good two-way player who put up 65 pts as recently as 2 years ago, he's still in his prime and he's on a good contract for a few more years. I've always been a fan of his.

I would have been ecstatic if the Jets got him for that return and there are many teams who are in more of a position to be going after 29 year old players than the Jets. This seems to me like one of those trades where you question how much the seller even asked around. I can't believe that Howson couldn't get more than that if he really tried. They must really want Yakupov

Old
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Wpgpage

From browsing the Blues board they are apparently looking at Hamerlik, Hainsey would be a solid alternative for them, slightly higher cap hit but less actual dollars. No idea where a trade would go from there I would love Stewart but I don't see anyway that they move him given the current situation. Their 1st maybe? I can see them getting knocked out in the first round especially if they play Nashville so it could be an OK pick.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:05 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
From browsing the Blues board they are apparently looking at Hamerlik, Hainsey would be a solid alternative for them, slightly higher cap hit but less actual dollars. No idea where a trade would go from there I would love Stewart but I don't see anyway that they move him given the current situation. Their 1st maybe? I can see them getting knocked out in the first round especially if they play Nashville so it could be an OK pick.
St Louis had the potential to go deep into the playoffs id disagree with you there

Old
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
St Louis had the potential to go deep into the playoffs id disagree with you there
I think they can to but I think a similar trapping defensive team like NSH could knock them out.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post

Ryder is a great player, and I'd love to see the guy in a jets uniform, but I don't think Dallas would trade away their top forward.

I wish it was like NHL 06, it was before the salary cap, so you could control 2 teams and trade all the good players onto one team and kick some ass.

Closed Thread