HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
tv14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford

Tampa Bay now has two 1st rounders and three 2nd rounders. Setting up for Ben Bishop deal? #armstrongyzerman
LOL if TB has to trade any of those assets for Bishop. He has decent potential but hasn't played enough in the NHL to garner that much. Most St Louis fans say they would be happy for a 3rd. Also a team can wait till UFA to get him for free, albeit risk him going to another team but that is also a risk for a team acquiring him as he will most likely be an UFA. But with all the other goalies out there that could potentially be up for trade, he'd be far down the list IMO.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker99 View Post
I sure would have liked to have seen Downie on the Oilers. A big physical winger has been needed for years, and this team has sat and done nothing while Horton, Stewart, Brouwer, Ladd and others switch teams.
5'11" is big?...the Oilers have Eager, if he ever gets it together mentally.
...also, Downie is not in the class of Horton, Ladd, and Stewart.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
If you look at what most of those players were dealt for you will notice that the Oilers didnt have what it took to get those guys.
Why? Maybe we couldn't get both, but it's clear that TB wanted a 1st so somehow we should've been able to get one of the two.

With that being said DET and TB have a really good relationship so that could've thrown a wrench into anything.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
If we can get Kindl for Hemsky, you do it every day.

Detroit just grooms good d-men, period. Quincey was decent in junior and may have even played on the WJC team for Canada IIRC but he was a late draft pick that Detroit developed before he hit his stride with Los Angeles.
Kindl has much more upside than Quincey had in the Wings organization. Kindl could easily play on our 2nd pairing right away.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Lindback + Blum
for
1st

Or something like that? Tampa get a d-man and a goalie for the future. Nashville get a strong trading chip for offensive help.

I dunno, a 1st for a goalie is too much of a risk in my eyes.
If all it cost was a 1st then we should do it. Although TB has the pieces to get it done if they wanted to. Personally if I were them I target Harding in the off-season or Schneider. Bernier, Lindback and Bishop just seem to high risk to be throwing around valuable pieces.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:11 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Why? Maybe we couldn't get both, but it's clear that TB wanted a 1st so somehow we should've been able to get one of the two.

With that being said DET and TB have a really good relationship so that could've thrown a wrench into anything.

We may have had the pieces to get Downie but there is no chance we could have given up the pieces to get either of Stewart or Horton.
I think it will be intersting to see what Downie's numbers would look like away from Stamkos, Vinny, St.Louis.

If Downie played for the Oilers he would probably get stuck in the dog house for showing some emotion much like Eager and Hordichuk have.

At this stage there is no way I would give up our 2nd + for Downie.
These arent the droids we are looking for.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:13 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
We may have had the pieces to get Downie but there is no chance we could have given up the pieces to get either of Stewart or Horton.
I think it will be intersting to see what Downie's numbers would look like away from Stamkos, Vinny, St.Louis.

If Downie played for the Oilers he would probably get stuck in the dog house for showing some emotion much like Eager and Hordichuk have.

My bad I thought you were talking about today's events.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:14 PM
joestevens29

Interesting didn't know this.

adater @adater

Quincey got on mgmt bad list when he put griped about not playing when team was on win streak and he'd just been on IR

Old
02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:

I don't think Hordi has been in anyone dog house. He just simply isn't an everyday NHLer.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:18 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I don't think Hordi has been in anyone dog house. He just simply isn't an everyday NHLer.
That's pretty much what i was thinking. Hordi wasn't brought in to play everyday and he has done little to show that he should get more time than he is getting.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I can't find the old Steve Tamby thread but does anyone else find it weird that it was announced about a month ago now that Tamby was close to re-signing a deal and the Oilers were likely to announce it during a positive stretch of games. Now we sit a month later with no extension.

Not going to lie but I'm glad that nothing has been announced at this point.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:21 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
You're kidding me right?

Everyone's so willing to give up on Paajarvi after one good year and one bad year?
Two seasons in North America. Come on guys. This is just being foolish. Not everyone is an instant success.
i'm not giving up on him at all, i've *always* thought he would end up as a 3rd liner... my opinion of him is pretty much exactly what it's always been: radek dvorak v2.0... and that's not a bad thing, dvorak has been a very useful hockey player for a long time

Old
02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
I can't find the old Steve Tamby thread but does anyone else find it weird that it was announced about a month ago now that Tamby was close to re-signing a deal and the Oilers were likely to announce it during a positive stretch of games. Now we sit a month later with no extension.

I'm betting they are waiting for the draft when everyone will be so concentrated on the new shiny toys and full of hope for next season again, then they will sneak out an announcement.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:27 PM
t0nedeff

vCash: 562
Meh, I think they acquired Quincey because they know Stuart isn't going to re-sign.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM
joestevens29

Quote:

There really is no reason why it shouldn't wait until after the year.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
Meh, I think they acquired Quincey because they know Stuart isn't going to re-sign.
Stuart and Lidstrom can be on the way out. Judging by the lack of available d-men this is a smart move.

I can't believe that's all Quincey ends up going for. Considering others that were UFA's went for 2nds+. Have to think if you are one that acquired Gill, Grossman or Kubina you are kinda kicking yourself.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Halibut

Quote:

Yeah those rumours started going around when we were on a losing streak and a lot of people were guessing they were just waiting for some better play to slip it in under the radar. We went on a hot streak there for what was it 5 or 6 games and I was sure the announcement was going to come out but it never did. Guess they decided to wait for the offseason, probably slip it in on day 2 of the draft when everyone is beeming about our brand new future superstars>

Old
02-21-2012, 06:04 PM
dasivon

Quote:
Interesting didn't know this.

adater @adater

Quincey got on mgmt bad list when he put griped about not playing when team was on win streak and he'd just been on IR
Yeah the coach didn't want to change the line-up so Quincey sat for a few games. I sort of agree with the player - you're 1/2D and the coach won't put you in because of a winning streak? What if that was Duchene? Things seemed off with the organization and Quincey right there.

Anyways, Quincey really cooled off after getting back into the line-up.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasivon View Post
Yeah the coach didn't want to change the line-up so Quincey sat for a few games. I sort of agree with the player - you're 1/2D and the coach won't put you in because of a winning streak? What if that was Duchene? Things seemed off with the organization and Quincey right there.

Anyways, Quincey really cooled off after getting back into the line-up.
Also shows how much of a 1/2D-man Quincy is, if that's the case.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
backhandsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i'm not giving up on him at all, i've *always* thought he would end up as a 3rd liner... my opinion of him is pretty much exactly what it's always been: radek dvorak v2.0... and that's not a bad thing, dvorak has been a very useful hockey player for a long time
I happen to be the only person in the world with a DVO Oilers jersey. The McFarlane third!

Found it at a consignment store in Vancouver. New with tags. 20 bucks.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0nedeff View Post
No, it's obviously because the Leafs are going to trade for Lidstrom.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
That JP Rutherford guy has to be a joke. A Blues beat reporter who honestly thinks the Lightning will trade a 1st or a package of 2nds for Bishop? And I thought Tencer and CHED guys were Oilers homers.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I think he's a UFA after the season, unless the Av's resign him. The Oilers play them once more this season so it may not be so bad if he signs elsewhere when the season is done.
He's a RFA and is 24.

02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
That JP Rutherford guy has to be a joke. A Blues beat reporter who honestly thinks the Lightning will trade a 1st or a package of 2nds for Bishop? And I thought Tencer and CHED guys were Oilers homers.
He never really said that. Just they have acquired a lot of pieces that could be used

Old
02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Oilers at the Deadline, Draft, and Free Agency

At the Deadline:

To Nashville:
Ales Hemsky
4th round pick in 2012

To Edmonton:
1st round pick in 2012
Jon Blum