HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Goal Song thread

Old
10-17-2014, 12:11 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

vCash: 500
The Goal Song thread

Because the complaining will not end once the goal song plays.

I hope I'm not starting any trouble here with creating this thread.
I'm just thinking that once the Goal Song is played for the first time, this thread could be used to put everything Goal-Song related(whether it's arguments, compliments, etc.) in instead of flooding the Devils Discussion thread with endless banter.

So that being said.....

Still couldn't believe this was made(credit downtown56 for finding this). This probably will give the other Devils fans out there instructions on where to insert the "sucks" chants.

Or they could use Devil X's suggestion of inserting the opponents name followed by "sucks" after the Let's-Go-Devils part.

Either way, it should be an interesting opening night.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Our goal song should be RRpt2. It isn't. And that sucks.

Read any FB comment, Twitter reply, ask any of my IRL Devils fan friends....it's all the same response. They all want it back.

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

I'm glad a thread was created for this.

So I can put it on ignore and not hear about it in other threads.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 12:21 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

lol.

This is why I created this thread 'cause I just had a feeling that it's going to be ugly once that first goal is scored and the postgame is going to be even uglier so here we are.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 12:26 PM
**** Farise
Fire Deboer

That YT vid is awesome. Long live the you suck chant!

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Fayne Staley
NJ Senior Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

Ditto.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 12:44 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

LOL Not Again!!! NEWS TO NJ DEVILS OWNERS. THEY ARE GOING TO SAY YOU SUCK. I don't give a **** what chant you come up with.LGD!!!

StvBroDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Harrison Ford

That you suck was poorly timed. Definitely wont be effective. The rhythm is just off.

And Gary Glitter is a piece of ****. Who cares about the song. Do you really want him to get money every time we score a goal?

I like this song just as much, and it'll be fine.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:14 PM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
That you suck was poorly timed. Definitely wont be effective. The rhythm is just off.

And Gary Glitter is a piece of ****. Who cares about the song. Do you really want him to get money every time we score a goal?

I like this song just as much, and it'll be fine.
that was fixed the first time we ditched the song then brought it back...he's no longer receiving royalties for it

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 29th Pick View Post
that was fixed the first time we ditched the song then brought it back...he's no longer receiving royalties for it
Even so, he literally just got re-arrested again in June. I don't know how anyone would want to support it. I guess I could understand if he learned from his errors and changed his way, but he obviously didnt.

This is from the Predators website, and I completely agree with them and the rest of the league wanting to take him out of pro sports.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=732278

Quote:
In June, for the second time in less than 15 years, “Rock and Roll Part 2’s” author and performer, Gary Glitter, was arrested for sex crimes against children. Previously convicted for similar offenses in 1999 that led to more than three years in prison, Glitter is currently awaiting trial on eight new charges.

Every time the Nashville Predators scored a goal and “Rock and Roll Part 2” played in the building, Glitter would receive royalties from the song usage. Additionally, for several years, fans have requested the Predators move toward banning Glitter from the building, like virtually every other pro sports franchise.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:24 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Wow hahaha.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Wow hahaha.
I love that you're posting in here, all things considered about Glitter.

Old
10-17-2014, 01:35 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I love that you're posting in here, all things considered about Glitter.
A turd in the British music punch bowl unfortunately.

Not the only one either. Our police are catching more and more who abused their stardom in the past. Disgusting.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
A turd in the British music punch bowl unfortunately.

Not the only one either. Our police are catching more and more who abused their stardom in the past. Disgusting.
Yeah, it seems like the BBC is sitting with a big stain on itself recently.

But to stay some what on topic, this the most ridiculous reason the Devils could come up with. It's simply the 'You Suck' not being part of the experience they are seeking for the arena.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:42 PM
JK3
COUGH DROPS FOR DANO

Can someone explain this mindless obsession with having to say "you suck" during a goal celebration.

No I am not offended by the word at all, it just comes off as childish, lame and immature. Oh and it has absolutely nothing to do with being an intimidating building to play in.

Go back to the CAA and the Cup wins with RRP2, not a "you suck" to be heard and holy **** was that building rocking and loud as ****.

I do understand everyone wanting RRP2 back, it been a staple and part of their history but the "you suckers" ruined it for everyone.

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 01:45 PM
HenriqueItsOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
Can someone explain this mindless obsession with having to say "you suck" during a goal celebration.

No I am not offended by the word at all, it just comes off as childish, lame and immature. Oh and it has absolutely nothing to do with being an intimidating building to play in.

Go back to the CAA and the Cup wins with RRP2, not a "you suck" to be heard and holy **** was that building rocking and loud as ****.

I do understand everyone wanting RRP2 back, it been a staple and part of their history but the "you suckers" ruined it for everyone.
I really dont get it

And our fans relentless obsession over a goal song is also troubling.

HenriqueItsOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 02:28 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:

This post, 100%.

MadDog172430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 02:35 PM
NJDevilsFan21

There was a better version of that I remember hearing earlier on. I may have even bookmarked it some time ago (will check when I get home). It was a bit slower, lower pitched, and had "Hey!" instead of "Woo!". It was much better than what it was updated/changed to.

NJDevilsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

People need to grow up and move on.. It was fun while it lasted, but it's over.. We have stable ownership committed to keeping the franchise competitive on the ice, investing millions to improve the game experience off the ice, and strengthening community and business relationships.. All they ask is that we accept their decision to drop the chant and move on, something many fans agree with and fully support..

But for some people, it's more important that they chant "you suck".. New flash: The song is never coming back, and ownership isn't giving in, so drop it and start focusing your energy on positive things.. I can't believe we have morons on social media committed to boo'ing when we score on Saturday.. Yup that'll send a great message to our players that chanting "you suck" is more important to us than winning.. Really screams "Come to New Jersey!" to free agents.

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 03:00 PM
**** Farise
Fire Deboer

Quote:

I think it's become more of a resistance to the ownership and the entire way they went about changing the song. 1) Completely dropping it on everyone on opening night 2) Notifying the fans afterwards via the Devils site that they're changing it because "a large portion/majority" (forget the exact wording) of the fanbase has voice displeasure with the chant (BULL ****) then 3) setting up a non-sense vote making it seem like the fan opinion actually mattered when they were just gonna choose whatever song they wanted. Then 4) blasting the song at ridiculous levels all season with the computer generated "Lets Go Devils" thrown in there during any down point in the song.

And this is not to mention that it was pretty much the first noticeable thing they did as new owners. Sets the fan relationship off on the wrong foot and leads to the "**** you I'll chant you suck" resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
People need to grow up and move on.. It was fun while it lasted, but it's over.. We have stable ownership committed to keeping the franchise competitive on the ice, investing millions to improve the game experience off the ice, and strengthening community and business relationships.. All they ask is that we accept their decision to drop the chant and move on, something many fans agree with and fully support..

But for some people, it's more important that they chant "you suck".. New flash: The song is never coming back, and ownership isn't giving in, so drop it and start focusing your energy on positive things.. I can't believe we have morons on social media committed to boo'ing when we score on Saturday.. Yup that'll send a great message to our players that chanting "you suck" is more important to us than winning.. Really screams "Come to New Jersey!" to free agents.
REALLY reaching on that one.

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 03:06 PM
JK3
COUGH DROPS FOR DANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Farise View Post
I think it's become more of a resistance to the ownership and the entire way they went about changing the song. 1) Completely dropping it on everyone on opening night 2) Notifying the fans afterwards via the Devils site that they're changing it because "a large portion/majority" (forget the exact wording) of the fanbase has voice displeasure with the chant (BULL ****) then 3) setting up a non-sense vote making it seem like the fan opinion actually mattered when they were just gonna choose whatever song they wanted. Then 4) blasting the song at ridiculous levels all season with the computer generated "Lets Go Devils" thrown in there during any down point in the song.

And this is not to mention that it was pretty much the first noticeable thing they did as new owners. Sets the fan relationship off on the wrong foot and leads to the "**** you I'll chant you suck" resistance.
Oh I totally agree about your statement, there's no doubt management made a total cluster **** of the whole thing at the beginning of last season. It was like they completely forgot, then the season was upon them and they were in oh **** panic mode and just pulled things out of there *****.

Old
10-17-2014, 03:08 PM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

did they ever come out and ask the fans to stop chanting ..you suck?
they seem to be doing it in a roundabout way
I mean if you dont want your kids smoking do you take away their lighters and matches?

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:

You misunderstand the point of why most people want to say it now. It's not because they need to say "you suck." It's the fact that ownership thinks they can tell paying customers what is/is not appropriate to be chanted at a hockey game. It's more about telling the PC police to **** off than a burning desire to say "you suck."

Unknown Caller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 03:25 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
You misunderstand the point of why most people want to say it now. It's not because they need to say "you suck." It's the fact that ownership thinks they can tell paying customers what is/is not appropriate to be chanted at a hockey game. It's more about telling the PC police to **** off than a burning desire to say "you suck."
And a great example of the "ME" society.

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2014, 03:27 PM
JK3
COUGH DROPS FOR DANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
Hmmm I don't know. Maybe they should insert a "management" in there before the "you suck" part to really get the point across.