HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders fan coming in peace.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2016, 10:56 AM
  #1
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Islanders fan coming in peace.

Just wondering how you guys are feeling about picking up Parenteau off waivers. Was really looking forward to seeing him play with JT again but can't trust our management to do anything productive.
Haven't really gotten the chance to watch a Devils game this season, how's he looking for you guys?

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 11:15 AM
  #2
ForeverJerseyGirl
Registered User
 
ForeverJerseyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 10,802
vCash: 500
I've been happy with Parenteau, since he's one of the handful of guys on the roster who can score and who will shoot the puck.

ForeverJerseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 12:01 PM
  #3
Petey Cee
reel gud
 
Petey Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,836
vCash: 500
Why do people feel the need to say "_____ fan coming in peace"? Why does your favourite team matter.

Petey Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 12:01 PM
  #4
Bullseye
Registered User
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
From a Leafs perspective - PA was excellent here last year. Great person in the room apparently and more did his part scoring on our crappy team. I think he really wanted to stay but we have a major youth movement happening. It took him some time to get going as I remember so he may pan out nicely for the Devils going forward.

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 12:25 PM
  #5
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Cee View Post
Why do people feel the need to say "_____ fan coming in peace"? Why does your favourite team matter.
Because I'm clearly not a fan of your team and I don't want to make it seem like I'm here to argue or start something with you guys too.
Don't see how it's an issue.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 12:26 PM
  #6
KaossKing
Pacing Well
 
KaossKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Scotland
Posts: 19,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Cee View Post
Why do people feel the need to say "_____ fan coming in peace"? Why does your favourite team matter.
well PA was waived from the Isles

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 12:26 PM
  #7
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
From a Leafs perspective - PA was excellent here last year. Great person in the room apparently and more did his part scoring on our crappy team. I think he really wanted to stay but we have a major youth movement happening. It took him some time to get going as I remember so he may pan out nicely for the Devils going forward.
He was good for us while he was young too, kinda sucked to see him leave.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 12:47 PM
  #8
DerekDevils30
Registered User
 
DerekDevils30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
He's been fine but you can see why he's bounced around the league. Some talent there but he's replaceable.

Hall-Zajac-Parenteau was a great line before Taylor's injury.

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 01:05 PM
  #9
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
He's been fine but you can see why he's bounced around the league. Some talent there but he's replaceable.

Hall-Zajac-Parenteau was a great line before Taylor's injury.
Yeah he's definetly not a massive impact player, but he had a chemistry with Tavares already and was projected to play on his line, didn't really see much reasoning for waiving him.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 07:41 PM
  #10
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Tallinder!!!!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 58,240
vCash: 500
He's slowed down a bit, but there was one point where he was literally scoring a good amount of our total goals. Now we've increased the scoring, while his scoring has decreased a little.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 08:16 PM
  #11
TheUnseenHand
BringBackZharkov
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,116
vCash: 500
He's ok. Nothing special, but a nice player to have.

TheUnseenHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 08:58 PM
  #12
devilsblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
He's been good for us. Given your record, I'd say it was a mistake you guys waived him.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 09:15 PM
  #13
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Cee View Post
Why do people feel the need to say "_____ fan coming in peace"? Why does your favourite team matter.
Some team boards are very territorial about opposition fans posting on 'their' board.

I know the Winnipeg Jets fans didn't take too well the opinion of Thrashers fans in the early re-boot of that franchise. Nowdays its not a problem because most exThrashers fans take the hint and stay away / support other teams.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:20 PM
  #14
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
He's been good for us. Given your record, I'd say it was a mistake you guys waived him.
Yeah our coaching staff is abysmal, same thing with our GM, with Gallant being fired I'm really hoping we can get rid of them but it's unlikely. Line changes happen every 5 minutes during the game and guys who play hard get benched. Even if PA was on our team he would've been terrorized by the reign of Fred Flintstone.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:23 PM
  #15
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Tallinder!!!!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 58,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Some team boards are very territorial about opposition fans posting on 'their' board.

I know the Winnipeg Jets fans didn't take too well the opinion of Thrashers fans in the early re-boot of that franchise. Nowdays its not a problem because most exThrashers fans take the hint and stay away / support other teams.
As the Thrashers fans should, I wouldn't support that team for **** if I had been a Thrashers fan.

I hope they get relocated back to Atlanta. Relocate them to Venezuela for all I care. If it's too hot and humid for ice conditions there, send them to the South Pole.

I feel bad for the pleasant fans of theirs that I've had some good conversation with, but too many of them are way boisterous.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:28 PM
  #16
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Tallinder!!!!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 58,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMcc View Post
Yeah our coaching staff is abysmal, same thing with our GM, with Gallant being fired I'm really hoping we can get rid of them but it's unlikely. Line changes happen every 5 minutes during the game and guys who play hard get benched. Even if PA was on our team he would've been terrorized by the reign of Fred Flintstone.
Haha he does look like Fred Flinstone! I never realized that until just now, but good call!

My ex girlfriend used to call him ''Daniel Boone'' when he first came on the job as a head coach there. He had this haircut, where the front of it looked like Daniel Boone's cap.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:34 PM
  #17
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha he does look like Fred Flinstone! I never realized that until just now, but good call!

My ex girlfriend used to call him ''Daniel Boone'' when he first came on the job as a head coach there. He had this haircut, where the front of it looked like Daniel Boone's cap.
That's a good one I might have to start using it

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:50 PM
  #18
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Tallinder!!!!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 58,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMcc View Post
That's a good one I might have to start using it
I'm flabbergasted that his head coaching tenure outlived our relationship. It's hard to believe he's the fourth longest tenured head coach in the league. Julien and Quenneville being first and second, then Tippett in Arizona. I'm surprised he's made it that far too.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:55 PM
  #19
DerekDevils30
Registered User
 
DerekDevils30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Parenteau for Leddy. Deal?

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:56 PM
  #20
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm flabbergasted that his head coaching tenure outlived our relationship. It's hard to believe he's the fourth longest tenured head coach in the league. Julien and Quenneville being first and second, then Tippett in Arizona. I'm surprised he's made it that far too.
The only reason he's still on our team is because he lives in our GM's basement and he doesn't want to lose the rent.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:57 PM
  #21
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
Parenteau for Leddy. Deal?
I love PA but would decline that deal in a heartbeat.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 10:57 PM
  #22
DerekDevils30
Registered User
 
DerekDevils30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMcc View Post
I love PA but would decline that deal in a heartbeat.
Ha I would hope so. It was done in jest

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 11:04 PM
  #23
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
Ha I would hope so. It was done in jest
Leddy is probably the only D who's worth keeping right now on our roster besides Pulock

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 11:14 PM
  #24
DerekDevils30
Registered User
 
DerekDevils30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMcc View Post
Leddy is probably the only D who's worth keeping right now on our roster besides Pulock
What's up with de Haan? I thought he was a good one.

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2016, 11:26 PM
  #25
MartinMcc
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
What's up with de Haan? I thought he was a good one.
He's good but he's definetly expendable, his passing is pretty weak and tends to give the puck up a lot.

MartinMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.