HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got A Question about the team? Fantasy? History? Trade Proposal? ASK HERE!

Old
05-13-2014, 04:14 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 500

or at least shouldnt

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 04:48 PM
CFCNick90

I will never forgive Kovalchuk. It was my birthday too!

CFCNick90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

ya I did. we should sign that guy

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Rare
HENRIQUE! IT'S OVER!

A player that left Jersey watching a team that left Jersey

Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Do not want

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Team Concept

Team Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 06:35 PM
EliasFTW

do not care

EliasFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 07:34 PM
holikwillfindyou

A buddy of mine works for a car rental company in Clifton. He calls me on the 7th of this month yelling "i just rented a car to kovalchuk!!!". I was going to post it on here but I didn't know what kind of reaction it would cause haha. The car was an Audi A8 incase anyone was wondering. Maybe a return is brewing?

holikwillfindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 07:54 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Who? What's a Kovalchuk?

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 07:57 PM
SETHROLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by holikwillfindyou View Post
A buddy of mine works for a car rental company in Clifton. He calls me on the 7th of this month yelling "i just rented a car to kovalchuk!!!". I was going to post it on here but I didn't know what kind of reaction it would cause haha. The car was an Audi A8 incase anyone was wondering. Maybe a return is brewing?
I think I remember TG tweeting that he still has his house in Jersey. Nice choice on the A8.

SETHROLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Adam Larsson

th all the nonsense going on in Russia and Ukraine dhim.t be surprised if Kovy does make a return to the NHL. I would personally take him back on the devils in a heartbeat, but I highly doubt the majority of you feel the same. We do still own his rights so I'm definitely Interested in what type of return we would get for him

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Larsson View Post
th all the nonsense going on in Russia and Ukraine dhim.t be surprised if Kovy does make a return to the NHL. I would personally take him back on the devils in a heartbeat, but I highly doubt the majority of you feel the same. We do still own his rights so I'm definitely Interested in what type of return we would get for him
I for one loved having Kovy on the Devils and was butt-hurt when he ditched us, however, I have it on some "informal" info that the decision was really a mutual one as VBK couldn't afford to pay him and having that contract on the books was a big liability in terms of the sale of the team. We all knew he was a mercenary when he backed us into a corner to get that big contract in the first place so really no surprise. That doesn't change the fact that he was an exciting, and sometimes frustrating, player to watch. But, when we were down by one, with Kovy one the ice, I always felt that we had a chance. can;t say that this year. Jagr was as close to a go-to guy as we had this year but he shied from the pressure of the shootouts and typically failed when he did make an attempt.

Don;t get me wrong, i loved having Jagr this year and am very happy we resigned him but that doesn't change the excitement that Kovy brought. I think the guys wants to win badly but $ always comes first. Would I take him back, sure. At a 6.66 mil cap hit, yup. but NOT for more than a 5 year deal.

Devils1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:15 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
I for one loved having Kovy on the Devils and was butt-hurt when he ditched us, however, I have it on some "informal" info that the decision was really a mutual one as VBK couldn't afford to pay him and having that contract on the books was a big liability in terms of the sale of the team. We all knew he was a mercenary when he backed us into a corner to get that big contract in the first place so really no surprise. That doesn't change the fact that he was an exciting, and sometimes frustrating, player to watch. But, when we were down by one, with Kovy one the ice, I always felt that we had a chance. can;t say that this year. Jagr was as close to a go-to guy as we had this year but he shied from the pressure of the shootouts and typically failed when he did make an attempt.

Don;t get me wrong, i loved having Jagr this year and am very happy we resigned him but that doesn't change the excitement that Kovy brought. I think the guys wants to win badly but $ always comes first. Would I take him back, sure. At a 6.66 mil cap hit, yup. but NOT for more than a 5 year deal.
I think with it being Jagr's first year with the Devils, and his first year being "the man" again since coming back the from the KHL, I think he might have been a bit hesitant at times. I think next season with the chemistry between him and Zajac having already developed, I think Jagr will be so much better. Lets not forget that he missed all of training camp and looked awful in his first 10 games or so as a Devil and didn't get a full time centerman until around the 20 game mark of the season, and with all that and playing on an anemic offensive team, Jagr still put up 67 Pts.

I see no reason for him scoring below 70 Pts this upcoming season and if Zajac can score a few more goals off of Jagr passes, I feel Jagr could get 25-35 goals and 70-85 Pts with Zajac getting 20-25 goals and 60-70 Pts.

Call me crazy, call me an optimist but I have a very good feeling about Jagr this season (barring any injuries of course).

Last edited by livewell68: 05-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.
livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
The potential for 70+ points is certainly there, but that shouldn't be the expectation of a 42 year old with Zajac for a center and who knows on the left wing. If he breaks 60 again while controlling play 60% of the time, that's a huge win. I'd really love to see Elias on the left of that line.

Hockey Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 07:10 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
The potential for 70+ points is certainly there, but that shouldn't be the expectation of a 42 year old with Zajac for a center and who knows on the left wing. If he breaks 60 again while controlling play 60% of the time, that's a huge win. I'd really love to see Elias on the left of that line.
Call me crazy but I think Elias and Jagr don't really have any chemistry on the ice (even on the powerplay) and I think deep down inside, Elias feels like Jagr is the new boy on the block who basically came in and just took the leadership role. Anyways what Elias and Henrique had developed after the Olympic Break is worth trying to build on in 2014-15.

I know this isn't 2006 but Jagr can put up 70 + Pts even if the Devils don't give him a full time LW.

I truly believe that injuries aside, Jagr will be at 75 + Pts. and Zajac will be a 60 + Pts player.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
Call me crazy
ok

Old
06-14-2014, 12:16 PM
xsniper11x
HFBoards Sponsor

Fantasy League Seeking GM in NJ/NY area

We have an opening in a unique 12 team dynasty league that is in need of a knowledgable and committed owner. The league is as much offseason focused as it is in-season, with FA bidding wars, offer sheets, cap mgmt and prospect entry drafts. Its very much a year round fantasy hockey format with reliance on email communication (primarily during the offseason) and owner participation.

It is a weekly H2H format w/ multi week POs. Please email me at riggijos@gmail.com if interested and I can provide all the details.

Team Roster:
Toews, Subban, Zetterberg and Bobrovsky (all signed to contracts)

Bergeron, Voracek, Lucic, Bernier (FAs to re-sign)

Farm team/Prospects: J. Schwartz, Granlund, Toffoli, Zibanejad, Baertschi, Lindholm, Silfverberg

xsniper11x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 03:55 PM
YouMyBoyBlue

Hey guys. Anyone doing a friendly Fantasy League for next season? Very interested. This will be my first time doing it and I'm a fast learner.

YouMyBoyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:03 PM
icy1king

Where did my thread go?

what in the world... great welcome lol

icy1king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy1king View Post
Where did my thread go?

what in the world... great welcome lol
What was the thread? Mods like to merge any sort of "simple answers" kind of threads with this one, to keep down on the clutter.

Old
07-02-2014, 01:19 PM
icy1king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
What was the thread? Mods like to merge any sort of "simple answers" kind of threads with this one, to keep down on the clutter.
Hi, the thread is back, so problem is solved. Thanks.

icy1king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Interior Cascadian

Cory Schneider

Hi guys, Canucks fan waiving the white flag here. I was breezing through some posts on the trade and free agent forums and saw a couple posts suggesting Devils fans thought Schneider had a tendency to **** the bed in clutch moments. I haven't been able to follow him at all since the trade last year, but was curious if these recent vibes were just an anomaly or general consensus among the fan base?

Cheers.

Interior Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 08:04 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Ummm...What's up, man?

To be honest with you, I'd rather we wait and see him RE-SIGNED FIRST before we create any threads on him, you know?

(don't want to jinx things, if you get my meaning...lol)

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Rare
HENRIQUE! IT'S OVER!

In the beginning he was essentially flawless but the team could never score for him. Quite a few 1-0 losses. But the man is unreal.

Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 08:09 AM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

many Devil fans cant let go of Marty so they kind of trash talk Cory a little bit
Cory looked shaky in the shootout at times (so did Marty) but the whole team started choking in the shootout last season...it was a bad scene

Cory's our goalie now, I think he'll do a great job for us, and as time goes on, we'll all appreciate him

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote