HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got A Question about the team? Fantasy? History? Trade Proposal? ASK HERE!

Old
07-04-2014, 09:27 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

vCash: 500
Define "many", 29th.

From what I understood(and saw), only a select few diehards favored Marty over Cory.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 09:35 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

when hes good hes great, but when hes having a bad night its pretty damn bad. they arent too common though

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Define "many", 29th.

From what I understood(and saw), only a select few diehards favored Marty over Cory.
YOU RANG!!! Agree there were a few can't remember who. A majority of us know and want Cory to be the man in charge. PD screwed that situation up. Used correctly it could have been a great season for the Goalie's, but we all know how that turned out.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Devils Dominion
Not again

There is a question about a player thread.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 09:40 AM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Define "many", 29th.

dont even get this started again.....last season there were 2 or 3 threads on the Marty vs Cory saga
yeah it died down at the end....but the Marty love-fest was so strong for a long time

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 10:06 AM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 29th Pick View Post
dont even get this started again.....last season there were 2 or 3 threads on the Marty vs Cory saga
yeah it died down at the end....but the Marty love-fest was so strong for a long time
He is not starting anything ( Sorry Glen but I had to answer to this) The love fest for Marty should never end for what he has done for the Devils.

What truly needs to end is the Disrespect for the guy. He catches **** for wanting to continue to play, catches **** for wanting to move to another team, catches **** for wanting to stay with the Devils.

To Interior Cascadian yes we pretty much all feel Cory will be the next Marty, and with a different style will be every bit as good. Thank You BTW

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 11:28 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

So glad this "thread" was moved(posts and all) to here.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Interior Cascadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Thank You BTW
Sigh. Yeah.

Thanks for the responses guys, that clears up a lot for me. Enjoy him! Unless Horvat reaches his potential ceiling Vancouver will always miss Cory.

Interior Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 02:58 PM
NJDEVIL

I'm curious how people draft their fantasy teams.

Please if you would all indulge me, what position do you pick first and why?

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Devilsfan992

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
I'm curious how people draft their fantasy teams.

Please if you would all indulge me, what position do you pick first and why?
Center, there are 60 less top 6 centers as there are wingers, and most fantasy leagues revolve around offensive stats. Last year with the 6th pick, I picked Tavares, and with the 11th pick I picked Subban.

Devilsfan992 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Mr Bojanglez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan992 View Post
Center, there are 60 less top 6 centers as there are wingers, and most fantasy leagues revolve around offensive stats. Last year with the 6th pick, I picked Tavares, and with the 11th pick I picked Subban.
While center is certainly important, that's not necessarily the case.

There are a lot of high-end, productive centers... and then a ton of mediocre bargain bin guys (e.g. the m. Koivus, Plekanec, etc.) that you can get in the 10th round and on. It depends on who is available at which round. Crosby in the first? No Brainer. Duchene in the early 2nd? Maybe, maybe not.

Realistically much of it will depend on your stats. If you have FWs, then yes. If you don't, but you have hits... then some guys and defenseman will get bumped in value.

Goalies are always pretty important, but not the be all and end all. I find there are always about 5 guys on the waiver wire to start the season that end up in the top 25 goalie stats.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 08:28 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

Who does the fancy Devils logo avatars with a picture embedded?

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Our man RG does em. Just post whatever you want in his thread-o-goodies.

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2014, 11:03 PM
YouMyBoyBlue

There is an open spot for this 16 team league I am in. First come first serve if anyone is interested in here. Below are the details:

Name: Premier Fantasy League
League ID: bx192hcchxgo7n67
Password: StanleyCup

Welcome to the Premier Fantasy League!
Listed below is the outline.

League Type: H2H Each Category (Fantasy teams compete against each other 1-on-1 and receive a Win, Loss or Tie for each scoring category in each Scoring Period).

Conference: There will be one large conference in which every team will play each other at least once a year, sometimes twice.

Playoffs: The top 8 teams with the best records make the playoffs.

Draft: The REGULAR player draft will occur on 7/20/14 at 8 PM EST. The PROSPECT draft will occur one day after the REGULAR draft has finished. See below for definition of a "prospect". Owners who draft PROSPECTS during the REGULAR draft will have their pick undone and skipped for that round.

Draft Orders: The future draft orders will be based off of the REGULAR SEASON standings. Playoff results have zero effect on the prospect draft orders.

Rosters:
- 20 man active rosters (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G).
- 5 bench spots, 3 IR spots.
- 15 prospects max.
- Rosters lock on Monday, 1 minute before first game. Changes made to roster, claims and trades made during the week will be executed at the start of the next scoring period. DON'T FORGET.
-Skater prospects are players under the age of 24 years old with less than 100 games played.
-Goalie prospects are players under the age of 26 years old with less than 50 games played.

Waivers: When a player is dropped, they will be placed on waivers, or the "waiver wire". The waiver order will be the opposite of the standings, and once a player is claimed, that team will move to last in the waiver order. Max of 4 claims per week.

Trading: Trades are encouraged. Trading of future draft picks can be made as long as they are posted in a thread and confirmed by both teams involved. Trades are able to be vetoed, but will need 5 votes within a two day period after the trade is accepted. Trade deadline will be 3 weeks before the end of our regular season.

Scoring Categories:
-Players: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Games Played (GP), Game Winning Goals (GWG), Power Play Points (PPP), Short Handed Points (SHP), Hits (Hit), Blocked Shots (Blk), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Faceoffs Won (FOW).
-Goalies: Games Played (GP), Goals Allowed Average (GAA), Saves (Sv), Save Percentage (SV%), Shut outs (SHO), Wins (W).
-Goalies need to play a minimum of TWO games during a scoring period for their stats to count, otherwise those stats will not count and increase the chance of recieving a loss in multiple scoring categories.

Suggestions: If you have any suggestions please post in the "Suggestions" thread. If you have a concern about a player, please PM me or send me an email.

Alternate LM's: A pair of LM's will be chosen before the begining of the season depending on their involvment in the league and how active they are.

Activity: Owners are required to log in at least once a week to set their lineups. Failure to log in for two straight weeks will result in being kicked from the league. If an owner misses 3 weeks over the course of the season they will also be kicked. **Exceptions can be made under certain circumstances AHEAD OF TIME**

YouMyBoyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2014, 02:15 PM
thefeebster

Fantasy Q

Hello Devils fans!

I picked up Gelinas on waivers last season and statistically, it was a great season. But towards the end there, i noticed he was not getting regular ice time and was used only on the PP. I'd rather invest in a more consistent player, in terms of icetime/role as it is an 20 team, 40 player roster, multicat kind of a pool. Reading your forums, seems like he will have trouble becoming an NHL regular.

I think his stats might intrigue some GMs in my league. Should i be looking to move him or keep him?

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Hello Devils fans!

I picked up Gelinas on waivers last season and statistically, it was a great season. But towards the end there, i noticed he was not getting regular ice time and was used only on the PP. I'd rather invest in a more consistent player, in terms of icetime/role as it is an 20 team, 40 player roster, multicat kind of a pool. Reading your forums, seems like he will have trouble becoming an NHL regular.

I think his stats might intrigue some GMs in my league. Should i be looking to move him or keep him?
If you can move him for a guy who for-sure will be playing 70+ games next season, I'd do it. Otherwise, it's tough to say. It's pretty clear that the Devils are looking to much more contributions from youth next season, but because that's against the M.O. of both our coach and GM, it's hard to say how married to that they really are.

Gelinas still played 60 games last season, but like you said, it wasn't always a lot of ice time and he didn't always get a lot of minutes at all outside the power play. So....it's a tough call haha. But I think there's definitely a better chance of him being a near-full-time NHLer than it might seem like on these boards. He's not eligible for waivers, so even if he doesn't stick on the Devils, he might end up on another team willing to let him play.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Tip Touchers

Do you think Gelinas will make the team? And will he put up similar numbers?

Tip Touchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2014, 11:37 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Barring some sort of training camp disaster, he absolutely will make the team. He can't be sent to the minors without going through waivers. As for numbers, tough to say. If he cleans up his 5v5 play such that he actually plays significant minutes at even strength, he could have a huge season.

Old
07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
sunnyvale

2015 devils fantasy rankings

Rank the devils players in terms of fantasy value for this upcoming season, I'm not using hits or blocked shots, just standard yahoo setup: G, A, +-, ppg, shots and normal goalie stuff..take account dual eligibility positions as well.

1. Cammaleri
2. Jagr
3. Schneider
4. Elias
5 gelinas
6. Henrique
7. Ryder
8. Zidlicky
9. Zajac
10. Greene
11Clowe
12 Brunner
13. Havlat
I don't think any one after this is worth ranking. Have at it

sunnyvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Like the Bruins, I never bet on the Devils when it comes to offense. They've disappointed me too many times. Schneider #1! And I think your list has Zajac and Zidlicky too low, and Gelinas, Henrique, and Ryder too high

Old
07-21-2014, 12:37 PM
HolikHoliday16

1. Camm
2. Cory
3. Jagr
4. Zid
5. Elias
6. Henrique
7. Ryder
8. Gelinas
9. Greene
10. Zajac

HolikHoliday16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 12:42 PM
sunnyvale

I factor streakiness.. Henrique and Ryder are capable of winning me a few weeks in a row if I pick them up at the right time, hence the high ranking

sunnyvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Tip Touchers

What about Brunner? Is he gonna put up some points?

Tip Touchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Unthinkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip Touchers View Post
What about Brunner? Is he gonna put up some points?
He gets a clean slate this season as far as I'm concerned. Think he"ll put up better numbers then last season and bring more consistent secondary scoring to the team. Probably a lot better options over him at this point as far as fantasy value goes though.

Unthinkable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Devilsfan992

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvale View Post
Rank the devils players in terms of fantasy value for this upcoming season, I'm not using hits or blocked shots, just standard yahoo setup: G, A, +-, ppg, shots and normal goalie stuff..take account dual eligibility positions as well.

1. Cammaleri
2. Jagr
3. Schneider
4. Elias
5 gelinas
6. Henrique
7. Ryder
8. Zidlicky
9. Zajac
10. Greene
11Clowe
12 Brunner