HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
How is he short sighted when you're looking at one of Dubi's seasons and not counting this one and his other 40 point efforts?
What the nash cap hit means for our future if we were to land him

Old
02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
carried us? how did Dubi carry us? he did the vast majority of his scoring early in the season.
Into empty nets! Zing!

Old
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Was that the one year of his career where he was given 1st line minutes?

Yes.

Like I said before, I felt this was a big year for Dubi. He came out and fell flat on his face. The signs point more and more to him being a fringe 2nd liner than a fringe 1st liner.
Players have down years. In my view, Dubi has earned the benefit of the doubt with all of the hard minutes he's put in for this team. Just a difference of opinion, I guess.

RANGERS =
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I was talking about how he seemed to have no idea what dubi meant to the club last year, not about cally
Dubi went on a hot streak early in the year. The finish-not so good.

Old
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
carried us? how did Dubi carry us? he did the vast majority of his scoring early in the season.
Obviously he carried us more before he broke his leg, but he continued to log big minutes, take key faceoffs and play a good two way game all year. His strength on the puck shouldn't be overlooked

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
What the nash cap hit means for our future if we were to land him
It means that Gaborik will be gone after next season. Replace Nash with Gaborik and we are back on the current cycle we are in now.

02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Dubi + Sauer + McD + 1st or 2nd for Nash + Toots
flame away

or throw in wolski and mza to the mix?

Old
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Dubi performed. No one is denying that. But you are trying to make him out into our first line savior. He is expendable. That's what most people are saying. If we can use him to get Ryan, Carter, Nash - absolutely inquire. He's by no means untouchable - especially if we can upgrade the position.

Callahan, Staal, McD, MDZ... They are untouchable. And if you have to ask why these four are while Dubi isn't, you aren't paying close enough attention.
Uh, MDZ and Gaborik were expendable last year. I'm sure most people are pretty happy that they're still here yeah? One bad season does not make a career. He also usually steps up in the playoffs. I'd rather keep the team together and see what they can do on their own in the playoffs then go from there in FA without having to trade assets. I don't understand the do or die mentally. The window won't shut at the end of this season.

Old
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yeah, it proves my point. There's a reason the team was in eighth with a player like Dubinsky carrying the offense - he's not that good.

I've wanted a top-6 forward added to the team all season. We now have a chance to add a bonafide star player. Ansty. Right.
I think the biggest thing that is good about adding Nash is the kind of player he is.
We've added some great talents (Richards, Gaborik). Gaborik especially has done a superb job adapting to our system, but these two are not tailor made for this Tortorella system. While not being soft, neither are particularly large, and can't take the beatings guys like Dubinsky, Prust or Boyle take on the boards. Nash can do this and will be an absolute physical nightmare for opposing defense.

Btw: You think Torts tries this if he acquires him - Nash, Richards, Gaborik.

Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Players have down years. In my view, Dubi has earned the benefit of the doubt with all of the hard minutes he's put in for this team. Just a difference of opinion, I guess.
But that's the problem - Dubi ISN'T having a down year. He had a very UP first quarter of last season. THAT'S the abberation.

Old
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
It means that Gaborik will be gone after next season. Replace Nash with Gaborik and we are back on the current cycle we are in now.
But that's "running your team like you would in NHL 12", not shrewd asset management.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
But I can't consider it a down year when it's in line with his career. And if you take away all the ENG's last year, he has 19 goals.

I just think 4.2 million dollars for him is really bad.

Old
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Dubi + Sauer + McD + 1st or 2nd for Nash + Toots
flame away

or throw in wolski and mza to the mix?
McDonagh? For real? HA HA

Old
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
This. I specifically remembering Big Al Trautwig talking about how Dubi was leading Crosby and Ovi in the scoring race at one point. I believe he found himself on a ridiculous 50 goal pace like 25 games into the season.
Jan - April: 40 Games, 8 goals, 22 Points.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelo...andon-dubinsky

Old
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
But how long can you continue to give him the benefit of the doubt when he's struggled from the all star break last year up until now?

Granted he has had a broken leg for a couple of weeks but what's his excuse this year?

There is no excuse, he is simply a 3rd line player that has potential to be constantly in the 40 point range. On the Bruins Dubinsky would fit in with their 3rd line players.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Dubi performed. No one is denying that. But you are trying to make him out into our first line savior. He is expendable. That's what most people are saying. If we can use him to get Ryan, Carter, Nash - absolutely inquire. He's by no means untouchable - especially if we can upgrade the position.

Callahan, Staal, McD, MDZ... They are untouchable. And if you have to ask why these four are while Dubi isn't, you aren't paying close enough attention.
Not what I'm saying. If it was Dubi for nash straight up that's one thing, but it's dubi ++++++++++++

I woudln't be looking to move dubi. He's more important than some seem to realize.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
NJD good PP balanced scoring great PK that is also dangerous to score .
I have a real feeling they pass us in standings
Seriously, the Rangers IMO aren't that talented (it was evident tonight), but your love affair with the Devils is ridiculous. Why don't you become a Devils fan? If the Devils didn't win in a skills competition at a ridiculous rate (3 more wins than ANY other team in the league) they would be 14 points behind us. If the Devils have such great balanced scoring, why do the Devils score less on average with the Rangers, even with a better PP. Oh and btw, scoring is not the only thing that's important. The scoring differential sans the shootout for the Rangers is +44 and -1 for the Devils. Seriously, you should become a Devils fan.

Old
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
McDonagh? For real? HA HA
I mean colombus will be wanting a big reaturn (doubt they'll get one), but Dubi+ McD + a pick could work I think. Dont kill me, I looove McD, but we have McI coming up, hmm..now that I think of it, I dont really know. I love this current team. I'd be down with trading prospects most likely

Old
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Uh, MDZ and Gaborik were expendable last year. I'm sure most people are pretty happy that they're still here yeah? One bad season does not make a career. He also usually steps up in the playoffs. I'd rather keep the team together and see what they can do on their own in the playoffs then go from there in FA without having to trade assets. I don't understand the do or die mentally. The window won't shut at the end of this season.
MDZ last year and Dubi this year are completely different situations. I did not think MDZ was expendable neither did half the fanbase. Gaborik is what is he. He's expendable if the right situation arises.

No one is advocating using Dubi as a salary dump. But if you could upgrade the position to a legit sniper in a player like Nash, Ryan, Carter and so on... Dubi is expendable.

Am I on the Nash train? Honestly, I don't know. The cap hit is a killer. But that doesn't mean Dubi is untouchable.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:55 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
to

Brandon Dubinsky
Artem Anisimov
Wojtek Wolski
Tim Erixon
Christian Thomas
2012 1st
2013 1st

to

Rick Nash
Jeff Carter

Columbus ends up with $1,812,411 in cap space after the deal and NYR ends up with $709,672.

Nash - Stepan - Gaborik
Carter - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Fedotenko
Rupp - Mitchell - Prust

Offensive problem solved.

Don't kill me.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Affinity

Quote:
MDZ last year and Dubi this year are completely different situations. I did not think MDZ was expendable neither did half the fanbase. Gaborik is what is he. He's expendable if the right situation arises.

No one is advocating using Dubi as a salary dump. But if you could upgrade the position to a legit sniper in a player like Nash, Ryan, Carter and so on... Dubi is expendable.

Am I on the Nash train? Honestly, I don't know. The cap hit is a killer. But that doesn't mean Dubi is untouchable.
I don't think he's untouchable either I just really do not care for Nash and his cap hit. If Anaheim wanted to trade Bobby Ryan I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
The ceiling for MDZ and Gaborik is stratospheres higher than a glorified 3rd line grinder like Dubi.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
I don't think he's untouchable either I just really do not care for Nash and his cap hit. If Anaheim wanted to trade for Bobby Ryan I'd do that in a heartbeat.
That's how I feel. I would love to have Nash, but 7.8M is a bit up there. Ryan or Carter I wouldn't hesitate.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
MDZ and Gaborik weren't expendable this year. MDZ was a 20 year old who scored 40 points as a d-man and Gaborik was a 40 goal scorer. Both more important than a 4.2 million dollar third liner.

Old
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
to

Brandon Dubinsky
Artem Anisimov
Wojtek Wolski
Tim Erixon
Christian Thomas
2012 1st
2013 1st

to

Rick Nash
Jeff Carter

Columbus ends up with $1,812,411 in cap space after the deal and NYR ends up with $709,672.

Nash - Stepan - Gaborik
Carter - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Fedotenko
Rupp - Mitchell - Prust

Offensive problem solved.

Don't kill me.
waay too much i think, plus you're adding 2 1st round picks! And I wouldn't drag carter into this I think

and yeah, as said a few posts above. i want nash, but for the price its a toss up, ryan yessss...but 8 yrs or however many and 7.8mil....a gamble

Closed Thread