HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
But I can't consider it a down year when it's in line with his career. And if you take away all the ENG's last year, he has 19 goals.

I just think 4.2 million dollars for him is really bad.
In line with what? His rookie year (age 21)? The next year where he put up similar points despite not having the luxury of playing with one of the greatest players of all time (age 22)? The next year when he improved his goal and point production despite injuries and an even weaker supporting cast (age 23)? Dubi has been better every year until this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
But how long can you continue to give him the benefit of the doubt when he's struggled from the all star break last year up until now?

Granted he has had a broken leg for a couple of weeks but what's his excuse this year?

There is no excuse, he is simply a 3rd line player that has potential to be constantly in the 40 point range. On the Bruins Dubinsky would fit in with their 3rd line players.
He's having a down year. The only one of his career, thus far. It happens. David Krejci's production dropped 21 points last season.

All of the things he's always done well are still there. Boardwork, strength, PKing.

I just disagree with you guys on the nature of Dubi's play. C'est la vie. Let's move on.

RANGERS =
Old
02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Oh now other players start to matter. Intellectural honesty be dammed you're just going to keep adjusting your arguements to pump nash aren't you?
Nope. I never said that Nash was going to carry a team offensively. He's a tremendous complimentary player, and with a competent goaltender, a player who can carry his team to the playoffs.

Dubinsky didn't even "carry" the team. He was not good when Callahan was out of the lineup. The line of Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan did the heavy lifting. Not just Dubinsky.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i dont know if we play in the offensive zone enough for Nash to be a 40-40 guy, but I do know he would certainly be at least a 30/30 guy...and that would be HUGE for this club.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Was there any legit information released on Nash today?

02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

one could make a pretty legitimate argument that much of Dubinskys early success with the Rangers was thanks to #68.

Old
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
In line with what? His rookie year (age 21)? The next year where he put up similar points despite not having the luxury of playing with one of the greatest players of all time (age 22)? The next year when he improved his goal and point production despite injuries and an even weaker supporting cast (age 23)? Dubi has been better every year until this one.

He's having a down year. The only one of his career, thus far. It happens. David Krejci's production dropped 21 points last season.

All of the things he's always done well are still there. Boardwork, strength, PKing.

I just disagree with you guys on the nature of Dubi's play. C'est la vie. Let's move on.
PKing especially. I know it's a small sample size but JFC when Torts puts Callahan and Stepan together on the PK bad things happen.

Old
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
those 2 guys arent long term players though. rentals at best, and youd have to give up some very good assets to get them. Point of getting Nash...is KEEPING nash.
Right, my point is to have them as rentals and go after the cup with some secondary scoring. They would cost a heck of a lot less than Nash. Then we could attempt to sign Parise in the offseason with no additional costs to our "assets"

Old
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
You do realize he said carrying the "offense" and not the "team." Two completely different things.
I litterally adjusted his quote for nash instead of dubi. any problems with what I said, are problems you should have with what he originally said. I thought what he said was ******** too.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
agree with you....ive just got a few non-starters when it comes to him....

i wouldnt touch ANY of our top 4 D, nor would I touch Stepan.

like ive said a bunch of times, i think this would be enough to get us Nash...
Dubi, Sauer, Mcilrath or Erixon, MSC or Thomas, #1

pretty much satisfies all their requirements.
Agreed completely.

Although I don't think they'd touch Sauer because he is deemed damaged goods right now.

My offer wouldn't include any of our top four defensemen, Stepan, Kreider.

My ideal scenario would be Dubinsky, Erixon/McIlrath (more preferrably Dylan), Thomas, 1st. That is a "impact" roster player, two top prospects, and a 1st.

Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Was there any legit information released on Nash today?
he had a goal and an assist?

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I was pointing out the absurdity of zenith trying to say dubi sucks because he only could bring the team to 8th last year. He uses that against dubi than excuses nash for leading his team to dead last. Doublethink at it's purest.

Oh now other players start to matter. Intellectural honesty be dammed you're just going to keep adjusting your arguements to pump nash aren't you?
No, you misunderstood his argument. Dubi was our leading point scorer and we limped to an 8th place finish due to the great goaltending of Hank. We have an actual scorer in Gaborik this year leading the offense, and look where we are! When you have the best goalie in the world, your offense really has to blow to be a fringe 8th seed- and it did.

However, Nash is the only good thing the Jackets have. Mason was a fluke and their defense is atrocious.

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

I'd rather grab Teemu Selanne

Old
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
We have a good thing going, don't sell out the future and the soul of this new philosophy for one shot at a cup. Lets be the next Red Wings.
Except that the Wings don't care who their goaltender is. The best goalie in the world is in his prime and wants to win NOW. He has been saying this all season long.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
We have a good thing going, don't sell out the future and the soul of this new philosophy for one shot at a cup. Lets be the next Red Wings.
Who on this team is Pavel Datsyuk? We don't have one real superstar. I don't even count Gaborik as a superstar. He's not at that level. He doesn't really make the players around him better.

Old
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Haha. Yeah, I'm arguing that "Dubinsky sucks". Right.

Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
he had a goal and an assist?
Haha I meant trade-talk wise from anyone credible. Yes I know that is a leading statement.

I just feel like we haven't heard anything since yesterday afternoon.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Nope. I never said that Nash was going to carry a team offensively. He's a tremendous complimentary player, and with a competent goaltender, a player who can carry his team to the playoffs.

Very true -- and he's also a player whose contract can severely hamper a team's ability to sign its RFA/UFA due to salary cap constraints.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm not sure how much talent this team has. Did you see the game today, how about the game against New Jersey (last one), the game against Dallas, the game against Ottawa, the game against Buffalo etc. I wonder how much talent is on this team. He'd probably play with Richards, but it's not like Richards is lighting it up either 5 on 5 or on the PP. That said I still want him, but I'm starting to think we're more than a Nash away from a cup/
I look at it like this: Our second line is Hagelin-Richards-Callahan. Hagelin is on that line because right now he's been, outside of our top line, one of our more skilled forwards. Callahan has played pretty well with Richards, imo. Callahan is a great all around player. Put another talented offensive player in there, Nash, that knows where to go (moreso than Hagelin and Dubinsky) and I think Richards will find him more.

Old
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Damn kid, you have it right more often than not but take it easy with the chemistry stuff. Chemistry is absolutely critical in a top league where the gap in skill between players is really not as big as you might think. I want Nash, but that opinion hinges on my belief that chemistry wouldn't be interrupted by acquiring him.

Go back and watch some late 90a early 00s Ranger hockey and let me know if you still think chemistry is over blown.
You misunderstand what I'm saying--- "chemistry" is important...but I don't think a team with as strong a locker room as this is as fickle as a lot are saying. The "disruption" of chemistry is ridiculously overblown.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Agreed completely.

Although I don't think they'd touch Sauer because he is deemed damaged goods right now.

My offer wouldn't include any of our top four defensemen, Stepan, Kreider.

My ideal scenario would be Dubinsky, Erixon/McIlrath (more preferrably Dylan), Thomas, 1st. That is a "impact" roster player, two top prospects, and a 1st.
im just wondering why would you rather deal mci? im not looking to argue, im just curious of your opinion on erixson or mcilrath

Old
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Haha I meant trade-talk wise from anyone credible. Yes I know that is a leading statement.

I just feel like we haven't heard anything since yesterday afternoon.
I don't think that's a surprise--- it's basically the teams that have been narrowed down negotiating at this point. Dreger just had a story about the Sharks being major contenders for Nash.

Howson said yesterday that the deal was getting closer. I think we see Nash in a Ranger sweater by Friday if they're going to acquire him.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Quote:
one could make a pretty legitimate argument that much of Dubinskys early success with the Rangers was thanks to #68.
This has been Dubinsky's only legitimate down year, and it's only been in goals. His assists and every other part of his game is fine. Dubinsky played well with Jagr, but he also did well without him.

Old
IBleedNYRBlue

How about we stop acting like one forward can carry an offense in the NHL, regarding both Dubi and Nash.

This isn't the NBA.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
Very true -- and he's also a player whose contract can severely hamper a team's ability to sign its RFA/UFA due to salary cap constraints.
How so? When our RFA's are set to be resigned, we move Gaborik and Nash's salary replaces that of Gaborik. It would leave us plenty of room to keep our core.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
bscharf

This team needs rick nash. A premier scorer that was a captain and good locker room guy. Tonights game proved this team is far from unbeatable. Offense in the playoffs is even harder to come by. I dont mind selling prospects for a proven star. Theyre prospects. Just like no one wanted to deal grachev because of his upside. Give me a 30+ goal scorer any day over a kid with potential to be one. I also hate to say it, but dubi is an average player getting paid good money. He is a gritty hard worker that is a 20 goal scorer.

The time to win is NOW. Hank in his prime. Gaborik in his prime. Richards in his prime.

There is no time to wait for kids to come up. Kreider may stay another year for his senior year. McIlrath is YEARS away.

Time to pull the trigger and get over the hump.

Closed Thread