HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How's Rene Bourque doing?

Old
02-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
He's a non-issue.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
icerocket

He'll disappear soon enough and then everyone will hate him.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Dr_Hook

I was disappointed by his acquisition and I'm unimpressed by his performance thus far.

Not good enough to be a legit top 6, not enough energy and work ethic to be a likeable 3rd liner. Plays the PK but isn't all that good at it. His effort is spotty at best. He's not the kind of forward you want on a good team.

He's just a sweater filler until we find somebody better. Let's hope his 4 yrs deal is still tradable at that point.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Kirk Muller

lackluster as advertised. Mediocre defensively, almost non existent offensively. A worse, North American version of Akosts

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I was disappointed by his acquisition and I'm unimpressed by his performance thus far.

Not good enough to be a legit top 6, not enough energy and work ethic to be a likeable 3rd liner. Plays the PK but isn't all that good at it. His effort is spotty at best. He's not the kind of forward you want on a good team.

He's just a sweater filler until we find somebody better. Let's hope his 4 yrs deal is still tradable at that point.
PG has a real knack at acquiring washed up players... Cole being the exception.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Problem is that he's clearly not an initiator, yet could do better with better linemates. But he comes as advertised. Problem is that it happens to us more often that players that comes as advertised play....as advertised. While players we let go, suddenly aren't as advertised with their new team. And you do have wonder how come we went for a player like him who clearly needs to be pushed all the time. I mean, what kind of success did this organization had with those kinds of players?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And you do have wonder how come we went for a player like him who clearly needs to be pushed all the time. I mean, what kind of success did this organization had with those kinds of players?
Thats baffles me as well. The habs organization has had trouble getting their own unmotivated players going for years now yet are willing take on another teams and for multiple years. Seriously we've watched Kostitsyn be that way for years and they havent been successful changing him. They complained about Lats, Skosts, Higgins etc etc

Last edited by Kirk Muller: 02-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:47 PM
SouthernHab

A lateral move.

Traded a player who was not helpful to this team for another player who is not helpful to this team.

Typical Gauthier trade. Not moving the team forward. But it excited the Gauthier fans for actually doing something. Doesnt have to be good, just something.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
smon

Barely noticeable is the best way of describing him. Although his Flames years indicate he can score..so maybe next year he clicks with new linemates?

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Barely noticeable is the best way of describing him. Although his Flames years indicate he can score..so maybe next year he clicks with new linemates?
more like : new coach wont use him on a shutdown line

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

For his paycheque he is a valuable addition to our 3rd line. 3.3 million for a 25 goal scorer is excellent.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Unless he's scored, I have to check the online game stats to see if he's actually getting minutes?

Real strange player, barely noticeable on the Ice most games. This should really frustrate Habs fans come next season.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Mrb1p

What you need to understand here is that most of Ch fans are casual... They want goals, Hits, Fights Nice scoring chances...
(And I don't blame them at all cause it's the best part of the game...(This is why Patches and Emelin are fan fav's))
So player's like Bourque will often be scapegoat. But yeah, could benefit a Dan Bylsma kind of coach. I don't mind him on my second line for 4 years.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Hello Habs fans!

Flames fan here. I know you guys have been in a little turmoil in the past few games, but I was wondering how Bourque has done for you? I couldn't find a thread about him/the trade, but I've been wondering if he's been producing/hitting/putting effort into his game while he's been wearing a Canadiens jersey.

What line combinations has he been playing on? How many ES minutes? Does he get PP/PK time?

I'm not here to talk about Cammalleri - if we could keep it to Bourque, I'd really appreciate that... oftentimes it's too easy to get into a slag fest and that's not what I'm looking for.

Any insight would be appreciated!
He's the exact same player as what you guys have seen in Calgary. Will have a decent shift here and there and will disappear for extended stretches of time. Terribly inconsistent and the effort isn't always there for a guy with his skills set and his size. Basically, showing flashes of what he can do but doesn't show it often enough.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
He's the Native American Andrei Kostitsyn.
although i don't buy that AK kool-aid, that seems like a close-enough comparison.

and i'd still re-do that trade because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you drammalleri

edit: i'd break the two-and-a-half men line and put him on DD's wing. David will give him something to do. put patches and cole with plek. god knows plekanec could use some love right now...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:58 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
He's the exact same player as what you guys have seen in Calgary. Will have a decent shift here and there and will disappear for extended stretches of time. Terribly inconsistent and the effort isn't always there for a guy with his skills set and his size. Basically, showing flashes of what he can do but doesn't show it often enough.
If he wasn't inconsistant he would be a top powerforward in the league and would have never been on the habs. He consistently gets around 25 goals a year, what did you expect? Let me guess you are among the great minds who complain about kaberle not shooting or throwing checks.

Bourque is doing what he always done for the right amount of cash, it always suprises me how little certain fans know about the sport they claim to love so much.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
I don't mind him. Joel Ward gets 3 mil a year so whatever. **** happens. He can be useful to this team, it's up to the habs to get the right environment and get the right chemistry going. He can easily be a 20-20 guy on our team. Adds some size as well.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If he wasn't inconsistant he would be a top powerforward in the league and would have never been on the habs. He consistently gets around 25 goals a year, what did you expect? Let me guess you are among the great minds who complain about kaberle not shooting or throwing checks.

Bourque is doing what he always done for the right amount of cash, it always suprises me how little certain fans know about the sport they claim to love so much.
You're trying to pick a fight with the wind here buddy. That's pretty much what I just said. I didn't say that he was performing below expectations. I told our friend the Flames' fan that he's playing the same way he did in Calgary. Not better, not worse.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're trying to pick a fight with the wind here buddy. That's pretty much what I just said. I didn't say that he was performing below expectations. I told our friend the Flames' fan that he's playing the same way he did in Calgary. Not better, not worse.
OSM's been touchy lately

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote