HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Ticket Price Increases for 2012-2013

View Poll Results: Are you renewing next season?
Yes 1 6.67%
No 14 93.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Ticket Price Increases for 2012-2013

Just saw my new invoice online for next season.

I have two tickets on the end up top which I've had for about 8 seasons. I had seats in different spots the first couple seasons after Staples opened, but I love these (great folks around us, great view) so I've stuck with them.

This year, my tickets were $1942 for a pair. Only a 41 game schedule this year, so that works out to about $23.70 per ticket per game.

I locate my invoice for next season online and it says the same seats are $3025. With a typical 43 game schedule, that's about $35.20 per seat.

That's an increase of $11.50 or almost 50%.

I'm hoping either the invoice isn't finalized and it doesn't include the STH discount, or playoff tickets for this year are tied in there. If that isn't the case, well, they'll lose a couple ticket holders.

Contacting my rep tomorrow to see what he says, but I was wondering if any one on here has noticed a bit jump in their ticket prices. I expected an increase, but not a 50% one.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:24 AM
damacles1156

Yup.

I was floored when I saw my new Bill. Not sure I can convince my wife spending for next year.

I don't live in LA. I have to drive 2 hours to see games, Gas is 4.00 Dollars a gallon in Visalia.

I did get my annual raise at work (company did scale back, so I was the only one to get it.). But jesus AEG, I don't know man.

I am going to have to pick a Differen't area.(probably only way I can convince my wife LOL).

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-15-2012 at 02:35 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:27 AM
redcard

Its how AEG plans to pay Parise's salary.....plus Nash's 7.8.

......although I may be missing something, but you sure you don't mean 39 and 41 game schedule?

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:47 AM
JR28

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post

......although I may be missing something, but you sure you don't mean 39 and 41 game schedule?
This year there was 41 games if you count the 2 Exhibition games. Next season it will go back to the regular 43. My tickets this year were a total of $1942.00, $22.50-23.50 per seat. Next season if this is correct it jumps up to a total of $3025.00, $35.00 per seat. If you pay after March 24th it is $3397.00, $39.50 per seat. This is outrageous. This season my tickets went up $1 based on last season. Next season they will go up $13.50-14.50 per seat. I understand raising prices with the higher payroll and so called better play on the ice. But come on over a 50% increase? They better have a good explanation for that big an increase. I am paying over $1000 more for the same seats, they better be a heck of a lot better next season. Meaning getting both Nash and Parise to actually justify this big of an increase in this Economy. They also better win a Cup this year. I don't get this at all.

JR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post

Usually its 41 games plus two for preseason, which you have to buy. This year the games were in Europe, so it was 41 only.

Pretty irritated right now, and I can imagine the reps aren't too happy either. The team is clinging to a playoff spot and they boost tickets by a stupid amount? I live in OC, so it's not a crazy drive, but still in traffic it's a substantial trip.

I wonder what the response is going to be when I tell the rep that I'll probably just get tickets here and there on Craigslist and get tickets at the Pond when the Kings play the Ducks....

Old
02-15-2012, 04:45 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

That's a pretty big increase, but it is more expensive by the year to operate in LA.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Does anyone know how this compares for similar seats in Anaheim and San Jose? Or elsewhere in the league for that matter?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:52 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Pretty bad timing for this decision. With gas prices supposed to go up to $5 a gallon soon I wonder if we might be on the way to finally seeing Staples Center half empty? Not a good day to be a ticket rep for the Kings.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:00 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Just saw my new invoice online for next season.

I have two tickets on the end up top which I've had for about 8 seasons. I had seats in different spots the first couple seasons after Staples opened, but I love these (great folks around us, great view) so I've stuck with them.

This year, my tickets were $1942 for a pair. Only a 41 game schedule this year, so that works out to about $23.70 per ticket per game.

I locate my invoice for next season online and it says the same seats are $3025. With a typical 43 game schedule, that's about $35.20 per seat.

That's an increase of $11.50 or almost 50%.

I'm hoping either the invoice isn't finalized and it doesn't include the STH discount, or playoff tickets for this year are tied in there. If that isn't the case, well, they'll lose a couple ticket holders.

Contacting my rep tomorrow to see what he says, but I was wondering if any one on here has noticed a bit jump in their ticket prices. I expected an increase, but not a 50% one.
it must be because the kings are doing so well this year

But really, two things, I think the overall average ticket price is $57, but for the kings it's $51. So we're actually still cheaper than the norm. Secondly, this is why I want to beat some people on the head when they just keep advocating being reckless with the cap. Every ounce counts, we're spending at the cap limit, of course one way or another, they're expected to increase the ticket prices. Kings were probably expecting to raise it on a year where we were dominating, of course, but this just shows you the impact of the cap.

So ****** players like Penner deserve every bit of the beating we give them. Because he is directly responsible for you paying more and receiving less. Thank you Penner you sack of worthless

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Yeah not sure I'll be renewing next year either. Oh well, I only had my seats for 12 years.

Last edited by Reaper45: 02-19-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
BKR

I find it rather offensive, given the terrible product on the ice this season. Will have to put a lot of thought into whether or not to renew....

BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Capn Brown

It's for when we actually exceed the salary cap and then are forced to pay a 10% luxury tax. The $$$ has to come from somewhere!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I cancelled my seats after 08/09. Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? I've received at least 5 free sets of tickets to games this year (all in either the 100 level, PR or suites) and I bought a holiday pack for less than the STH price. Until the Kings really win something, STH are going to have a hard time getting face value or higher for their tickets. I had mine through some of the worst years but I literally couldn't give tickets away let alone sell them. There are too many second hand deals to be had to commit to a full season.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:12 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

The Saturday game ice pack went from $1365.00 for two 200-level seats to $1405. 5% or so. Not too bad.

Last edited by TonySCV: 02-15-2012 at 11:20 AM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I cancelled my seats after 08/09. Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? I've received at least 5 free sets of tickets to games this year (all in either the 100 level, PR or suites) and I bought a holiday pack for less than the STH price. Until the Kings really win something, STH are going to have a hard time getting face value or higher for their tickets. I had mine through some of the worst years but I literally couldn't give tickets away let alone sell them. There are too many second hand deals to be had to commit to a full season.
This has always been my bone of contention with the Kings. Everything always gets discounted later. Like that year they sold tickets for some insanely low price all month in February.

This year they said no discounts on Bailey's Buddies and everyone had to pay the full 30 bucks because it was a donation to a charity. After the 1st month they were regularly discounted down to 20 or 25 bucks and it peeved me a bit.

I'd also like to see the Meet the Players Event become non-transferrable to other parties, but I imagine that is pretty impossible to track.

I'll be renewing again. I am not facing quite the increase as some others in this thread.
\

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Wonder if this has to do with the stadium they're trying to get built?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
This has always been my bone of contention with the Kings. Everything always gets discounted later. Like that year they sold tickets for some insanely low price all month in February.

This year they said no discounts on Bailey's Buddies and everyone had to pay the full 30 bucks because it was a donation to a charity. After the 1st month they were regularly discounted down to 20 or 25 bucks and it peeved me a bit.

I'd also like to see the Meet the Players Event become non-transferrable to other parties, but I imagine that is pretty impossible to track.

I'll be renewing again. I am not facing quite the increase as some others in this thread.
\
They should do like Orbitz. If someone gets the same (zone/price point) tickets for less they should refund the difference. That would make season ticket holders happy.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Fishhead

Stub hub is looking like a great option right now. I can get premiere seats for very close to what my seats will go up to next season for almost every game.

It bums me out because we have some good friends in my section now - I've watched their kids grow up, they've come to our weddings, etc. But hey, if they are going to drop huge increases on folks they are going to lose STH's. I'm hoping some backlash will result in reconsideration of pricing, but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel just as bad for people down low who are having their tickets go up by $1K per season too. Dinging your loyal consistent ticket holders isn't the answer.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I feel just as bad for people down low who are having their tickets go up by $1K per season too. Dinging your loyal consistent ticket holders isn't the answer.
This is me and it makes me irate. If a good product was being put out on the ice, i might be able to understand, but this is a complete insult.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

I cut the cord on full season seats to a half season 3 years ago with the last increase, again from a half season to a weekend ice pack with the last increase again.

There's a balance between making a statement to AEG and my own desire to see live hockey.

I agree with the general sentiment of either scaling back season seats to a half season or a ice pack is a good way to effectively send a message to AEG that the price increases are too much while still being able to catch some games, and there's always the StubHub option for single game tickets.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
This is me and it makes me irate. If a good product was being put out on the ice, i might be able to understand, but this is a complete insult.
My STH rep actually called me a fairweather fan when I cancelled. I'm not even joking either. Great sales skills! I then asked him when the weather has ever been fair for LA Kings Hockey. I had already put my deposit down and told him I couldn't afford it or justify it by penny pinching so I asked for my deposit back. He then told me I entered a contract and I told him to send me to collections then and I'll never attend another game. It was a great conversation and I think he eventually got fired or quit.

Being at a Kings game is like being on an airplane. Everyone pays a different price for the same thing. I had season tickets in 314 row 4. I had got them as Die Hards and paid like $12 a ticket. There were other season ticket holder in front of and behind me paying more than $20 a ticket. It never made any sense to me.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

This was my first year as a season ticket holder and I have had a blast, but its been kind of a drag to go to every game and see the team struggle game in and game out to score goals.

After all, that is what me and my son go to games for...to see the team to score goals. Not necessarily the kiss cam, or the dance for the dinner, or all the other inane in-game entertainment that was fun at first but gets old as the season wears on.

I had every intention to renew but better seats; any price increase may make it difficult for me to do so. I have not received my invoice yet but in reading this thread I dread it.

I may opt instead for what others are saying in this thread...go for a half-season or Stub-hub game in and game out...its a shame but I really did want to continue as a season ticket holder but I feel I will be cheated to continue to support a product that isn't worth the price of admission.

Right now it is, since I am paying only $20 for blue line tickets in the bleeders. But if that doubles, no way I will renew those seats.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
BKR

As LA sports fans we spoke to the Dodgers (McCourt) this past season by not going thru the turnstiles, I'm afraid the same may need to be done with the Kings (AEG).

Yes, the two ownership situations arent very comparable, but the principals involved speak for themselves. To do this to their true fans (Season ticket holders) in this economy is offensive.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Quattro

I just checked and my seats are going up 8% after a similar jump last year. I can afford it but it still sucks. Like others have said, watching them struggle to score this year has been a drag and I have found myself enjoying going to games less and less. I was actually considering getting a lesser package or even canceling altogether and picking up a few single games even before this new pricing came out. I think I'm kind of burning out on going to games...

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

It seems like the people getting the biggest hit are in the 300s. My tickets in 117 went up $2 but adding the 2 extra home games it's almost $1,000

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote