HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
  #526
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
The playoff-bound Preds got two of their top-six forwards for a late 2nd, thanks to the Habs. (Is there a shudder I've been violated icon?)
If AK & SK are in their top 6 good luck in the playoffs

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:51 PM
  #527
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
You should take a look at your avatar. There's a question there that begs to be asked.
Yeah u mad.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
02-28-2012, 11:58 PM
  #528
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
The playoff-bound Preds got two of their top-six forwards for a late 2nd, thanks to the Habs. (Is there a shudder I've been violated icon?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If AK & SK are in their top 6 good luck in the playoffs
Preds have such a balanced attack that their top 8+Weber/Suter do not have a great discrepancy in their point totals. In fact AK's got some catching up to do; he's 4 points behind Tootoo.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 12:03 AM
  #529
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Preds have such a balanced attack that their top 8+Weber/Suter do not have a great discrepancy in their point totals. In fact AK's got some catching up to do; he's 4 points behind Tootoo.
I don't know too many stanley cup winners with zero elite offensive players. Scoring by committee will only take you so far, the playoffs are a different animal.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-29-2012, 12:13 AM
  #530
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't know too many stanley cup winners with zero elite offensive players. Scoring by committee will only take you so far, the playoffs are a different animal.
Well...Boston did it... However, Boston did have Seguin the secret weapon and Marchand the troll with the nasty good shot. Krecji also owned the playoffs after Montreal was beaten. Nashville...imo...don't even have guys of that caliber.

But their zone clearance is the bigger issue for them, imo. I've only watched the LA game and today's game, but they are glaringly vulnerable to losing battles on the boards or flubbing clears, which results in being trapped in their own zone. They then have to pray that Rinne can bail them out until a stoppage in play occurs. For this reason, I do not see them winning the Cup.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
  #531
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,441
vCash: 500
Hey guys, The Leafs hopped on a bit late on the TankMobile but right now it's going in full force, so if the Habs aren't committed to losing they better watch out because there is no stopping the Leafs

I hope Price gets hot and wins 5 in a row

Last game is going to be hilarious...I can't wait.

Pi is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 11:59 AM
  #532
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If AK & SK are in their top 6 good luck in the playoffs
Rinne, Suter, Weber...

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
  #533
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't know too many stanley cup winners with zero elite offensive players. Scoring by committee will only take you so far, the playoffs are a different animal.
Boston did it last year.
They had solid depth, but not one elite offensive player. Guys like Marchand, Krejci, Bergeron are not what I consider elite offensive players. Seguin might become one for them, but he wasn't last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If AK & SK are in their top 6 good luck in the playoffs
Well, they do have two of the best Dman and the best goalie in the NHL imo.
They also have some nice depth. AK is their 11th scorer.
He was our 6th.

And they don't play an offensive game.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 01:22 PM
  #534
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Hey guys, The Leafs hopped on a bit late on the TankMobile but right now it's going in full force, so if the Habs aren't committed to losing they better watch out because there is no stopping the Leafs

I hope Price gets hot and wins 5 in a row

Last game is going to be hilarious...I can't wait.
I wanted Montreal to at least beat the Leafs in their next two games, but the way the Leafs are playing they may not need Montreal's help missing the playoffs. Stay away from our top 5 pick!

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 01:36 PM
  #535
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Hey guys, The Leafs hopped on a bit late on the TankMobile but right now it's going in full force, so if the Habs aren't committed to losing they better watch out because there is no stopping the Leafs

I hope Price gets hot and wins 5 in a row

Last game is going to be hilarious...I can't wait.
I'm impressed by their 1-8-1 record
but our 5 game losing streak is better

llamateizer is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
  #536
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,347
vCash: 50
We could potentially be 29th after tonight... but I'm not holding my breath, Edmonton is playing against the Blues.

Nicko999 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 07:18 PM
  #537
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Does the NHL actually have any explanation for what "concussion like" symptoms are?

Todd Mclellan, the Sharks coach, didn't coach last night's game because he was suffering concussion like symptoms as a result of a stick to the head during his last game. Is this the manly way of saying, "I had a headache"?

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 07:27 PM
  #538
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
We could potentially be 29th after tonight... but I'm not holding my breath, Edmonton is playing against the Blues.
Nugent-Hopkins is back; they'll always have a chance with him in the lineup.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
  #539
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Boston did it last year.
They had solid depth, but not one elite offensive player. Guys like Marchand, Krejci, Bergeron are not what I consider elite offensive players. Seguin might become one for them, but he wasn't last year.



Well, they do have two of the best Dman and the best goalie in the NHL imo.
They also have some nice depth. AK is their 11th scorer.
He was our 6th.

And they don't play an offensive game.
They might not have had elite players but Boston still had a really strong offense with players who stepped up big time and played over their head. Nashville has a pretty abysmal offense with Akost on the top line, seriously.

I know they have a pile of players all scoring but they have no elite players and that does not bode well. Rinne can take them far like Halak did for us but if they have no "Cammalleri" I doubt they survive the brutal western conference that is very defensive minded. Average offense is not going to take you far against great goaltenders, you need those exceptional talents to do it.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
  #540
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,109
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
They might not have had elite players but Boston still had a really strong offense with players who stepped up big time and played over their head. Nashville has a pretty abysmal offense with Akost on the top line, seriously.

I know they have a pile of players all scoring but they have no elite players and that does not bode well. Rinne can take them far like Halak did for us but if they have no "Cammalleri" I doubt they survive the brutal western conference that is very defensive minded. Average offense is not going to take you far against great goaltenders, you need those exceptional talents to do it.
I don't know if you mean that Kostitsyn can't play on a first line. If so remember Kostitsyn was part of our best line in the past decade (Kovy-Pleks-Kosty)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
  #541
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,924
vCash: 500
Did you guys hear how Akos was in his first game with the Preds?

BLONG7 is online now  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
  #542
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Go! Leafs Go! ... they are sucking bad right now, they need to gain ground on us...

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:02 PM
  #543
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Nystrom big hit on Letang, looked like he got part of his chin on the hit.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
  #544
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I don't know if you mean that Kostitsyn can't play on a first line. If so remember Kostitsyn was part of our best line in the past decade (Kovy-Pleks-Kosty)
Yes great line, you know Jason Blake once scored 40 goals?

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  #545
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If AK & SK are in their top 6 good luck in the playoffs
you know what makes me
The fact that you think Gauthier is the answer to winning a cup. How many cups did he win in Ottawa? Anaheim? HE'S A LOSER!

GeneralManager* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:19 PM
  #546
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yes great line, you know Jason Blake once scored 40 goals?
You supported the Kaberle trade and still do.

GeneralManager* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
  #547
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
you know what makes me
The fact that you think Gauthier is the answer to winning a cup. How many cups did he win in Ottawa? Anaheim? HE'S A LOSER!
Atleast he knows how to stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
You supported the Kaberle trade and still do.
I certainly do, 40-50 point dmen are handy.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
  #548
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
They might not have had elite players but Boston still had a really strong offense with players who stepped up big time and played over their head. Nashville has a pretty abysmal offense with Akost on the top line, seriously.

I know they have a pile of players all scoring but they have no elite players and that does not bode well. Rinne can take them far like Halak did for us but if they have no "Cammalleri" I doubt they survive the brutal western conference that is very defensive minded. Average offense is not going to take you far against great goaltenders, you need those exceptional talents to do it.
What's to say that Fisher, Sergei, Erat, Tootoo, etc don't step up? I personally don't think they will go to the Cup Finals, but they are very capable of surprising the league by storm with a deep run. They can expect Rinne to pull a Halak while they just have to play smart, sound, disciplined hockey. And no one knew Boston's Krecji, Bergeron, Marchand, etc were going to produce a great playoff offense last year. Thomas still had to steal some games, i.e Game 7 against Tampa, and Rinne is right up there with Thomas. .


Last edited by Madam Kadri: 02-29-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
  #549
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Atleast he knows how to stay on topic.
Whats the topic? You bashing the kostitsyns? The kostitsyns who we dropped for nothing who are now held in high regard by one of the favored teams to win a cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I certainly do, 40-50 point dmen are handy.
Yah so handy that the team went from being around 9th in the conference to 3rd worst in the entire league. So handy that the team that traded him (9-17-4 prior to trade) has gone 15-9-9 since. So handy that he took the 28th ranked power play to 29th. So handy that he could be outmuscled by the likes of nathan gerbe in front of the net. So handy that hes almost slower than hal gill. So handy that all you have to your argument are a bunch of secondary assists while he's given bottom pairing minutes on the top pp? Oh yes, Tomas Kaberle great acquisition!

GeneralManager* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
  #550
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Blackhawks D is pathetic..that's been the biggest decline since their cup win. Defense wins championships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Go! Leafs Go! ... they are sucking bad right now, they need to gain ground on us...
Wow, if this doesn't prove your intentions I don't know what does.

Et le But is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.