HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
I don't think it's Andrei's shot that's the problem, the problem is that he has terrible vision or something and misses the puck far too often for his shot to be relied upon. He has no depth perception. The man needs new contact lens.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:28 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
While it is indirectly his responsibility, the Leafs main woes are having no goalie and their former coach being a coach couldn't coach defense or the penalty kill. The rest of the team isn't that different, quality-wise, from other teams in the weak ass East.
sorry, but that's *********

it most definitely IS the burke's 'direct' responsibility. just like the defense we have now is ghost's responsibility

Old
03-04-2012, 03:28 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
So where are the AK haters to bring out the stat line?

Oh wait...
I've always been a fan of Brother Andrei. I'd rather see Kostitsyn on this team than Bourque any day of the week. Eller never gets his hat-trick without Andrei that night. Damnit, why wasn't he given more of a chance with either Pleks or Eller before getting traded?

Old
03-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
So it was cool and all to point it out (and very professional by RDS might I add) when the first game didn't have a great statline for him, but he lights it up in the second game and now people start playing it down.

The hypocrisy
Double standards rides a lot when it comes to ex-players, you do know that by now. Just like the fact that Cammy was so bad 'cause he had a slow start...now, SUDDENLY, the Cammy-Bourque watch has not been up to date yet. Wonder why?

At least we have picks to let Timmins work his magic for the future. But again, I keep asking that question and NOBODY answered it. Which team in the NHL has more ex-players that are being succesful than we did? It's just incredible. And yet, those guys liek Gauthier and Gainey STILL have a job today. How great is that. And I'm started to think that they actually might have a job with us next year.....how incredibly great is that? So it is always about who you know than what you know....

Old
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I've always been a fan of Brother Andrei. I'd rather see Kostitsyn on this team than Bourque any day of the week. Eller never gets his hat-trick without Andrei that night. Damnit, why wasn't he given more of a chance with either Pleks or Eller before getting traded?
Let's just suppose that the negotiations betwen AK and Gauthier were not looking good at all ? Gauthier decided to trade him instead of losing him for a sweet nothing.

I would had like AK to have full time ice time with Pleky or DD, but....

Time to turn the page.

It was a bad choice drafting him, and another bad choice to trade him.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
hockeyfan2k11

All this whining over a 20 goal scorer.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:15 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Who cares about AK when you have Darche.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:18 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
What does Darche have anything to do with AK... you know how we call this kind of obsession/denigration of a minority in the population, right...

Old
03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
What does Darche have anything to do with AK... you know how we call this kind of obsession/denigration of a minority in the population, right...
No, how?

Old
03-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Double standards rides a lot when it comes to ex-players, you do know that by now. Just like the fact that Cammy was so bad 'cause he had a slow start...now, SUDDENLY, the Cammy-Bourque watch has not been up to date yet. Wonder why?

At least we have picks to let Timmins work his magic for the future. But again, I keep asking that question and NOBODY answered it. Which team in the NHL has more ex-players that are being succesful than we did? It's just incredible. And yet, those guys liek Gauthier and Gainey STILL have a job today. How great is that. And I'm started to think that they actually might have a job with us next year.....how incredibly great is that? So it is always about who you know than what you know....
Maybe it's because people in Montreal aren't very friendly people like SK74 said. Nobody wants to perform for unfriendly people.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:25 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Darche is a very good 4th line player who gives 100% all the time. Too bad we couldn't transplant his heart in 3/4's of this team !

Old
03-04-2012, 10:27 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaHabsFan View Post
Darche is a very good 4th line player who gives 100% all the time. Too bad we couldn't transplant his heart in 3/4's of this team !
yeah, and too bad he has no talent at all.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
He has still been a key component of the best PK unit in the league and takes up very little cap space. He's fine as long as he gets 4th line minutes, regular PK time, and he can be put out there in the last minute to preserve a lead.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
He has still been a key component of the best PK unit in the league and takes up very little cap space. He's fine as long as he gets 4th line minutes, regular PK time, and he can be put out there in the last minute to preserve a lead.
Try to explain that again.... And again....And again....

Some folks on this board will NEVER understand.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:45 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Darche has a role, and he does a good job within that role. I don't understand how you're comparing him with AK. They both play different roles and have different expectations. AK is a top 10 pick who is supposed to be a top 6 player and has struggled with consistency.

Why not compare AK with the likes of Patches and Cole? Oh, I know why.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:45 AM
DAChampion

Quote:

There's no doubt about it. This team sucks at asset management.

Lapierre, Chipchura, Moore, etc >> Nokolainen.
SK74, AK46, etc > Rene Bourque
Grabovski, Ribeiro, etc > Gomez
McDonagh > Campoli, Weber, Diaz

et cetera.

I'm very concerned that we're going to run a White-Plekanec-Geoffrion line through the middle of next season, and then trade Plekanec when his value is at a minimum.

That said, in fairness to Gauthier, some of his trades were legitimate.

Gainey's issue was that he would let players walk for nothing, and that he would not take risks with the eception of the Rivet trade. Gauthier is trading away assets for long shots. The Latendresse for Pouliot trade, for example, was a legitimate gamble. People are ridiculing it now, but at the time everybody thought it was a good risk. I would say the Halak for Eller trade is in the same mold.

What Gauthier is doing, when acquiring assets, is he sacrificing certainty for potential. Pouliot and Eller were both low certainty, high potential acquisitions. If he does that regularly we should expect frequent failures, but we should be satisfied if even half of them succeed.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
There's no doubt about it. This team sucks at asset management.

Lapierre, Chipchura, Moore, etc >> Nokolainen.
SK74, AK46, etc > Rene Bourque
Grabovski, Ribeiro, etc > Gomez
McDonagh > Campoli, Weber, Diaz

et cetera.

I'm very concerned that we're going to run a White-Plekanec-Geoffrion line through the middle of next season, and then trade Plekanec when his value is at a minimum.

That said, in fairness to Gauthier, some of his trades were legitimate.

Gainey's issue was that he would let players walk for nothing, and that he would not take risks with the eception of the Rivet trade. Gauthier is trading away assets for long shots. The Latendresse for Pouliot trade, for example, was a legitimate gamble. People are ridiculing it now, but at the time everybody thought it was a good risk. I would say the Halak for Eller trade is in the same mold.

What Gauthier is doing, when acquiring assets, is he sacrificing certainty for potential. Pouliot and Eller were both low certainty, high potential acquisitions. If he does that regularly we should expect frequent failures, but we should be satisfied if even half of them succeed.
If there's a culture change and management, coaching staff are replaced, you don't have to worry about that.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The tank was alive last night with a Habs loss, Leafs win, Tampa-Carolina OT game, Islanders victory.

Today's tank games-
Islanders win vs. New Jersey.
Calgary win vs. Dallas.
Washington win vs. Philadelphia
Minnesota win vs. Colorado.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The tank was alive last night with a Habs loss, Leafs win, Tampa-Carolina OT game, Islanders victory.

Today's tank games-
Islanders win vs. New Jersey.
Calgary win vs. Dallas.
Washington win vs. Philadelphia
Minnesota win vs. Colorado.
Yet, strangely, I feel that we never win. Everybody does win. But we are again still 10 points from 8th. We can still make the playoffs, at least that's what Gauthier told me. That with the deadline out of the picture, our team would start playing much better.....

Old
03-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Protest the Hero

You couldn't find a single person defending AK in his final days as a Canadien.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Well of course not. This organization succeeded in alienating us from a whole lot of players that ended up doing better elsewhere. Pretty normal for our standpoint to just see the end of a thing that clearly doesn't go well. Yet, I could find you 1000 people who predicted and still does that he'll end up a better player elsewhere. Yet, I also know that not that long ago, the line of Pleks-AKost and Kovy was seen as one of the best lines of the league. Pretty sure nobody wanted him at that point either.

Cammalleri only spoke the truth. This team is playing like a bunch of losers. Often reacting, not that much proactive. Yet, the joke is that with 20 games left in the season, NOW we are going to fight. NOW, we are NOT going to let our goalie be hit. NOW we are going to be proactive. Great. Great findings. Great strategy with that many games left in the season....WHEN IT'S OVER.....

I have NEVER witness a season like that. Never seen as much disorganization and improvision like this season. This is a disgrace to the Montreal Canadiens. People would expect it from the Blue Jackets, but NOT with the Habs.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Well of course not. This organization succeeded in alienating us from a whole lot of players that ended up doing better elsewhere. Pretty normal for our standpoint to just see the end of a thing that clearly doesn't go well. Yet, I could find you 1000 people who predicted and still does that he'll end up a better player elsewhere. Yet, I also know that not that long ago, the line of Pleks-AKost and Kovy was seen as one of the best lines of the league. Pretty sure nobody wanted him at that point either.

Cammalleri only spoke the truth. This team is playing like a bunch of losers. Often reacting, not that much proactive. Yet, the joke is that with 20 games left in the season, NOW we are going to fight. NOW, we are NOT going to let our goalie be hit. NOW we are going to be proactive. Great. Great findings. Great strategy with that many games left in the season....WHEN IT'S OVER.....

I have NEVER witness a season like that. Never seen as much disorganization and improvision like this season. This is a disgrace to the Montreal Canadiens. People would expect it from the Blue Jackets, but NOT with the Habs.
I don't understand why Cammalleri's truth speak got him into such trouble, at first I thought it was the media looking for something to complain about, but even on here there were fans angry at him for saying it.

Andrei, I don't know what happened. He wasn't exploding past defencemen anymore, and the puck was just rolling off his stick more times than Pouliot fell.

Totally agree on the organization. I don't want to make assumptions, but it seemed as though Gauthier rarely talked to anyone on the team. He referred to everyone as "Mr." but it didn't feel like the respect was there.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:21 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Yet, strangely, I feel that we never win. Everybody does win. But we are again still 10 points from 8th. We can still make the playoffs, at least that's what Gauthier told me. That with the deadline out of the picture, our team would start playing much better.....
The great glorious race for 8th.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I don't know why people hated him so much. It's not like he complained or wanted out. He paid his dues in the AHL, on the 4th line, on the bench, in the press box. I guess in the end, people expected a 1st liner and all he was with us was a 2nd/3rd liner. Now we will truly see what he's made of under proper management.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:50 AM
gusfring

Rangers up 2-0, yet they have Jon Scott in the lineup. How do they do it?

Prust, Scott, Bickel and Rupp on their lineup.

Closed Thread