HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger: Sharks strong contender for Nash

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
  #526
BigDmitriy
Registered User
 
BigDmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
Clowe, Nieto, Petricki, Sexsmith 1st for Nash & conditional 3rd

probably something like that

Do it. Nash is a superstar and he's still fairly young...plus, in this case we keep Pavs/Cooch. We still have Stalock/Sateri goalie prospects, as well as Doherty/Irwin on the backend and Sgarbossa/Hamilton for forwards. It sucks losing Nieto, but Nash is only 27 (I think?), so he will be one of those top-6 wingers for a long, long time. If that's the price, DO IT!

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:14 PM
  #527
lsx
Registered User
 
lsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
I thought Stalock was our future goalie god...is it only because of the injury people are now seeming to freely interchange him with sexsmith/sateri?

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:19 PM
  #528
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,275
vCash: 141
Can someone enlighten me to why they'd want Sexsmith? He's had one good season, before that, I remember people were getting low on his future. Now he's suddenly rated higher than Sateri or Stalock? I don't believe that for a second.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:22 PM
  #529
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Can someone enlighten me to why they'd want Sexsmith? He's had one good season, before that, I remember people were getting low on his future. Now he's suddenly rated higher than Sateri or Stalock? I don't believe that for a second.
I would say he's rated higher than Sateri for this year but not Stalock. Stalock is still more or less recovering from the injury. I think most would move Sexsmith before they moved either Sateri or Stalock in a trade proposal but that's likely them trying to hang on to what goalie they feel has the potential.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:23 PM
  #530
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Can someone enlighten me to why they'd want Sexsmith? He's had one good season, before that, I remember people were getting low on his future. Now he's suddenly rated higher than Sateri or Stalock? I don't believe that for a second.
Same reason people think that they want Havlat...or Clowe. It's what Sharks fans want to give, not what Columbus would want.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
  #531
Speed
Registered User
 
Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Holden, MA
Posts: 1,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Can someone enlighten me to why they'd want Sexsmith? He's had one good season, before that, I remember people were getting low on his future. Now he's suddenly rated higher than Sateri or Stalock? I don't believe that for a second.
Sexsmith was rated higher out of all of them to start. The he hurt his glove hand and his future was in doubt. This year he came in to camp 20-25lbs lighter, a lot faster and focused. He has shown why he was originally rated higher. His value is at his highest right now.

Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
  #532
sjsharklover
Registered User
 
sjsharklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: san jose
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
The fact that Wilson has not done one of his small deals which is typical for him (Wallin , Moen) Gives me some hope that something big is on the way. I know he wants to add depth though. Hopefully we get Moore,Havlet,Sheppard? Back.Not sure what to expect from him.

I haven't thought this in the past but I think a shake up is needed at this point. After watching VAN-DET the other night I see we are not in the same league as them right at this time. LA just got better, Phoenix on the rise,Van cleared more cap room


WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO MR WILSON?

sjsharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #533
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 26,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
The fact that Wilson has not done one of his small deals which is typical for him (Wallin , Moen) Gives me some hope that something big is on the way. I know he wants to add depth though. Hopefully we get Moore,Havlet,Sheppard? Back.Not sure what to expect from him.

I haven't thought this in the past but I think a shake up is needed at this point. After watching VAN-DET the other night I see we are not in the same league as them right at this time. LA just got better, Phoenix on the rise,Van cleared more cap room


WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO MR WILSON?
Dominic Moore.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #534
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,275
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Same reason people think that they want Havlat...or Clowe. It's what Sharks fans want to give, not what Columbus would want.
This is what I am thinking - it's just fans trying to low ball the other team. I had never heard Sexsmith being this highly regarded, but I'll take Speed's word if that was the case. I didn't know.

(Thanks for the responses)

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:36 PM
  #535
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Same reason people think that they want Havlat...or Clowe. It's what Sharks fans want to give, not what Columbus would want.
Your opinion on the maximum potential of the prospect goalies, this is what I have:

Stalock (pre-injury): NHL 1a/1b
Sexsmith (now): NHL backup
Sateri: NHL #1
Heemskeerk: bust
Anderson: no opinion

Those are optimal end points as I see them, not what they necessarily will achieve. I see any one of them as less than 50/50 to achieve those end points. I don't think Sateri is close to ready for a debut.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
  #536
sjsharklover
Registered User
 
sjsharklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: san jose
Country: United States
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=sjshark91;44972401]Dominic Moore


The cup is ours!!!!!

sjsharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:04 PM
  #537
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Your opinion on the maximum potential of the prospect goalies, this is what I have:

Stalock (pre-injury): NHL 1a/1b
Sexsmith (now): NHL backup
Sateri: NHL #1
Heemskeerk: bust
Anderson: no opinion

Those are optimal end points as I see them, not what they necessarily will achieve. I see any one of them as less than 50/50 to achieve those end points. I don't think Sateri is close to ready for a debut.
I don't think Heemskerk is necessarily a bust, but I also don't think he'll see time in the NHL.

I agree on the upside of Stalock, Sexsmith and Sateri. I don't think any of them are ready for the NHL right now. Anderson is still a bit of an unknown but he has the talent to play in the NHL. The Sharks need to move two of them before next season starts and I'm guessing those two will be Sexsmith & Heemskerk.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
  #538
teal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
i don't think the sharks need nash...

i think it's obvious that their biggest weakness is mental. is it coincidental that the weeks leading up to the deadline have been the most terribly played weeks of the year? they're probably all just worried about being traded. i predict they get back on track after tomorrow, after there's more of a sense of stability.

teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
  #539
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I don't think Heemskerk is necessarily a bust, but I also don't think he'll see time in the NHL.

I agree on the upside of Stalock, Sexsmith and Sateri. I don't think any of them are ready for the NHL right now. Anderson is still a bit of an unknown but he has the talent to play in the NHL. The Sharks need to move two of them before next season starts and I'm guessing those two will be Sexsmith & Heemskerk.
No problem on Heemskerk/bust. I consider bust a guy who can't make the NHL. For me, it's a bust if he gets no real NHL time and I know that lumps him in with guys who are much worse.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:09 PM
  #540
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Same reason people think that they want Havlat...or Clowe. It's what Sharks fans want to give, not what Columbus would want.
Exactly. All of the Nash proposals I've seen on the Sharks board are terrible. They don't want Clowe or Havlat, they're both OLDER than Nash and CBJ is rebuilding. The price tag on Nash is insane and the Sharks don't really have the right pieces for it. It'd take Couture or Pavelski or Vlasic, Doherty or Nieto or Stalock, and a 1st at the very least. We're not getting Nash.

I'd love to get a guy like Umberger, Kostitsyn or Kulemin though.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:17 PM
  #541
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fullerton
Country: United States
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
So we get anyone yet? and have they dumped C. white yet?

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:21 PM
  #542
dwood16
Registered User
 
dwood16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
Exactly. All of the Nash proposals I've seen on the Sharks board are terrible. They don't want Clowe or Havlat, they're both OLDER than Nash and CBJ is rebuilding. The price tag on Nash is insane and the Sharks don't really have the right pieces for it. It'd take Couture or Pavelski or Vlasic, Doherty or Nieto or Stalock, and a 1st at the very least. We're not getting Nash.

I'd love to get a guy like Umberger, Kostitsyn or Kulemin though.
This.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:41 PM
  #543
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,867
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
Exactly. All of the Nash proposals I've seen on the Sharks board are terrible. They don't want Clowe or Havlat, they're both OLDER than Nash and CBJ is rebuilding. The price tag on Nash is insane and the Sharks don't really have the right pieces for it. It'd take Couture or Pavelski or Vlasic, Doherty or Nieto or Stalock, and a 1st at the very least. We're not getting Nash.

I'd love to get a guy like Umberger, Kostitsyn or Kulemin though.
They aren't terrible proposals because DW would be very stupid to take all the youth on the team and sell it for Nash. The only way he's coming here is for our top prospects and picks.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:43 PM
  #544
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 9,049
vCash: 500
People seem to forget about Nash's NMC. That lowers his value, depending on where he wants to go... Clowe+ will do it if Nash will only waive for SJ.. I know he has a list, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll automatically waive for any of those listed teams if Howson has a deal in place.

Point is, he'll be a Shark if he'll only waive for SJ.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:54 PM
  #545
SharksAddict
Registered User
 
SharksAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
People seem to forget about Nash's NMC. That lowers his value, depending on where he wants to go... Clowe+ will do it if Nash will only waive for SJ.. I know he has a list, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll automatically waive for any of those listed teams if Howson has a deal in place.

Point is, he'll be a Shark if he'll only waive for SJ.
Howson would be fired on the spot if he dealt Nash for a package centered around Clowe. Not going to happen. Pavelski + or not happening.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:58 PM
  #546
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Howson would be fired on the spot if he dealt Nash for a package centered around Clowe. Not going to happen. Pavelski + or not happening.
Uhm, Nash+ maybe. Pavelski has more value than Nash, by a LOT. I don't know how many times that has to be said.

Pavelski beats Nash in every significant statistical category, defensively by a LOT, and he's half the price.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
  #547
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
People seem to forget about Nash's NMC. That lowers his value, depending on where he wants to go... Clowe+ will do it if Nash will only waive for SJ.. I know he has a list, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll automatically waive for any of those listed teams if Howson has a deal in place.

Point is, he'll be a Shark if he'll only waive for SJ.
So, Nash gave Howson a list of teams he'd be willing to waive his NMC for but that doesn't mean he'll waive it for those teams if Howson can make a deal? I don't get it.

There is very, very little chance that Nash will only waive his NMC for San Jose.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:03 PM
  #548
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
People seem to forget about Nash's NMC. That lowers his value, depending on where he wants to go... Clowe+ will do it if Nash will only waive for SJ.. I know he has a list, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll automatically waive for any of those listed teams if Howson has a deal in place.

Point is, he'll be a Shark if he'll only waive for SJ.
It seems kind of stupid to have a list of teams, but not waive for them.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:08 PM
  #549
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch
 
CommanderShepard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
So, Nash gave Howson a list of teams he'd be willing to waive his NMC for but that doesn't mean he'll waive it for those teams if Howson can make a deal? I don't get it.

There is very, very little chance that Nash will only waive his NMC for San Jose.
This is his speculated list, in no paticular order

San Jose, Toronto, Detriot, NYR, Philly.

Phillys out, as they have more important d issues to take care of.
Detriot is IMO, the darkhorse that will get him come summertime if he lasts. But they dont want to mess with chemistrey midseason, when theyre a top 2 team/
Toronto, well Burke needs a center more then a scoring winger.

That leaves us and the NYR for the deadline.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:11 PM
  #550
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow
 
JayP812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
That makes no sense, the famous list is list of teams he'll waive his NMC for, now your telling me that the list doesn't mean anything?

I heard the list was San Jose, Los Angeles, New York Rangers, Toronto, and Boston.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.