HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger: Sharks strong contender for Nash

Old
02-26-2012, 05:13 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
This is his speculated list, in no paticular order

San Jose, Toronto, Detriot, NYR, Philly.

Phillys out, as they have more important d issues to take care of.
Detriot is IMO, the darkhorse that will get him come summertime if he lasts. But they dont want to mess with chemistrey midseason, when theyre a top 2 team/
Toronto, well Burke needs a center more then a scoring winger.

That leaves us and the NYR for the deadline.

Can't see NYR messing with their team chemistry. Perhaps there's a three-way trade that will meet everyone's needs? SJS is insanely deep at Center, TO needs a Center. SJS needs a top-6 winger, CBJ has Nash available. So what could TO give to CBJ, and which Centerman would SJS give to TO in this scenario?

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:14 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Uhm, Nash+ maybe. Pavelski has more value than Nash, by a LOT. I don't know how many times that has to be said.

Pavelski beats Nash in every significant statistical category, defensively by a LOT, and he's half the price.
Can you believe he even asked for Couture? Couture is worth more then Pavelski.

The **** was he thinking? He threw away Carter for that garbage JJ and now he wants to fleece us to make up for that ****** trade? Go **** yourself, Howson

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Just saying there is a difference between a list of teams he might be willing to waive for (to allow Howson to focus on a small # of teams) and Howson saying Ihave a done deal to Team X, do you waive your NMC?

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Just saying there is a difference between a list of teams he might be willing to waive for (to allow Howson to focus on a small # of teams) and Howson saying Ihave a done deal to Team X, do you waive your NMC?
If you wouldn't waive for the team, why even put them on your list? It wastes Howson's time and hurts your chance of being traded (if that's what he's seeking).

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Can't see NYR messing with their team chemistry. Perhaps there's a three-way trade that will meet everyone's needs? SJS is insanely deep at Center, TO needs a Center. SJS needs a top-6 winger, CBJ has Nash available. So what could TO give to CBJ, and which Centerman would SJS give to TO in this scenario?
With regards to the first sentence, I could Sather doing this. This is totally a move Sather would do.

As for the second sentence, I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:21 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
Oh I see what you're saying now, because a team is on the list doesn't mean he automatically waives, he has to be asked after the deal is agreed upon. It seems like a real dick move to put a team on the list then not waive for it, Nash seems like a pretty classy guy, I doubt that happens.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Oh I see what you're saying now, because a team is on the list doesn't mean he automatically waives, he has to be asked after the deal is agreed upon. It seems like a real dick move to put a team on the list then not waive for it, Nash seems like a pretty classy guy, I doubt that happens.
He could change his mind about any of the teams on the list, if I were him I wouldn't want to go to Toronto, for example.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:36 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:
He could change his mind about any of the teams on the list, if I were him I wouldn't want to go to Toronto, for example.
I think his list would be less exclusive now, not more. His agent said he wants Nash traded by the deadline, I bet Nash feels the same way. I'm not saying Nash wants out of Columbus, but I think he would prefer a deal sooner than later, because if he's not dealt now, he'll probably be traded in the offseason. I think he waives for any team that's not awful now, because it looks more and more likely that he will stay in Columbus for the rest of the season.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
stalockrox

@RealKyper Going into Sun nite, its sounding like #Rangers have backed out on the Nash sweepstakes. #Bluejackets demands remain too rich.

and from Bob McKenzie:
May be a tactic by CBJ, or not, but teams with most interest in Nash don't believe he'll move by deadline. Switching focus to other targets.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:40 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Uhm, Nash+ maybe. Pavelski has more value than Nash, by a LOT. I don't know how many times that has to be said.

Pavelski beats Nash in every significant statistical category, defensively by a LOT, and he's half the price.
While I agree with you, Nash is perceived as having much more value league wide. He's considered a superstar.

The Sharks simply do not have the pieces (that they are willing to move) to get Nash. CBJ wants some talented young forwards with NHL time which for the Sharks means Couture or Pavelski, neither of which they will move. They don't have any other young talent to offer that would come close to justifying dealing Nash. We're talking Michalek and Setoguchi types to build a package around.

A package of prospects isn't going to get it done and Clowe/Havlat are not appealing to a team trying to build as opposed to winning now.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
@RealKyper Going into Sun nite, its sounding like #Rangers have backed out on the Nash sweepstakes. #Bluejackets demands remain too rich.

and from Bob McKenzie:
May be a tactic by CBJ, or not, but teams with most interest in Nash don't believe he'll move by deadline. Switching focus to other targets.
Umberger!

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:46 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

So, basically, the only way Nash is a Shark by tomorrow is if CBJ is so desperate
To dump him that CBJ takes an awful deal proposed by DW?

Old
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So, basically, the only way Nash is a Shark by tomorrow is if CBJ is so desperate
I always figured that would be the case. Or want this to be the case.

Nash is a great addition but not if we give up our key pieces like Pavs, Cooter, etc. If DW gives up somebody who is already part of our core then how does that really improve us.

02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Pretty much. Howson would need to either accept a lower deal from the Leafs or Sharks.

To be honest, are the Sharks really in this? The past few days the focus has been on NYR and Toronto. I haven't heard much regarding the Sharks.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Howson isn't desparate to dump him but ya, or Wilson gives Howson what he wants.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:51 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Wilson could get desperate and throw something good in from our side, but I don't think DW, Howson, Sather or Burke will cave by the deadline. This is the biggest decision in the history of the franchise. CBJ can't afford to screw it up. Giving it some extra thought seems like the right call.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
A guy we should definitely go after is TJ Galiardi of the Avs.

EDIT: At second glance, he's having an god-awful season. I think a 3rd would do it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:59 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

EDIT: At second glance, he's having an god-awful season. I think a 3rd would do it.
Yep, I like him too. David Jones would be good as well.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Tomahawk214
i'm not even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Pretty much. Howson would need to either accept a lower deal from the Leafs or Sharks.

To be honest, are the Sharks really in this? The past few days the focus has been on NYR and Toronto. I haven't heard much regarding the Sharks.
The focus is always on New York and Toronto. Guess why? Hint: It's something to do with location.

The Sharks were never a big "suitor" when they made their recent blockbuster trades. The media wants to drop New York and Toronto in rumors because they know they'll get more viewers.

Tomahawk214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Howson would be fired on the spot if he dealt Nash for a package centered around Clowe. Not going to happen. Pavelski + or not happening.
Chances are that Howson's gone after the season either way. However, a Clowe package would not be the end of the world for Columbus anyway. Clowe is a guy that is much easier to get behind for a losing team than Pavelski or Couture. Yeah, those guys have a lot of skill but they're not carrying a team like theirs to wins. Clowe won't either but at least he'll play an entertaining style for them while being a quality play-maker.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk214 View Post
The focus is always on New York and Toronto. Guess why? Hint: It's something to do with location.

The Sharks were never a big "suitor" when they made their recent blockbuster trades. The media wants to drop New York and Toronto in rumors because they know they'll get more viewers.
Its a bit different with hockey rumors. I've heard more about Nashville being interested in Nash the past few days than the Sharks.

Also, with Boyle and Heatley there was a lot of talk regarding the Sharks.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

I also like Galiardi. Avs fans have been saying that hes a much better player, but is in the doghouse with no out.

Physical, Speedy, gritty i think he became very expendable when the Avs got Downie. Id offer up the #55 for him.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

Yeah, when I was checking out Jones the other day I definitely thought about Galiardi, too.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
There was chatter about Boyle? I remember it kind of came from nowhere... Blake's signing was rumored though, no?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Tomahawk214
i'm not even mad

Quote:
The Sharks came out of nowhere with Boyle IIRC, and with Heatley the Sharks popped up just days before he was traded, and it was still a surprise that we were the ones that actually got him. Before that the Sharks weren't mentioned at all.

Tomahawk214 is offline   Reply With Quote