HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs Lose !!!!!! (Tank the Tank-Gods!!!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2012, 11:23 PM
  #276
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait, is it really a concern ? I mean, look at Boston...Or go the other way and look at Chicago (I know Toews is superior but I don't consider him elite offense contributor like the Malkin/Crosby/Datsyuk of this world....Much more like Plek on supplements.) You might want to look back in the past and see what it was like when we had our last Elite winger(Kovy) or even in 09 when we had Cammy before his injury. Our C depth is pretty good. It's up there with almost any team (Any team doesnt include Pittsburgh. And maybe not SJ.) What we need is a real quality winger to go with it.
We got one in Patches (Who is still young and will be better (i think...)). We got Cole, Gionta, AK(God please god..), Bourque who are all great SUPPORT player. So let's just pick any elite winger and put him on our (Healthy) roster and see what it does ...
IK its contradictory(WTF, is that a word?) of what the media made you(Not directed to anybody here.) belive but I think it's pretty logical..

Feel free to bring in opinions with arguments.
Even if Boston managed to win without a great center it doesn't negate that a strong pivot is important. Some clubs (Roy's Habs, the Bruins, Devils) win on mostly defense or physical play but most cup winning teams have elite scorers on them. If you don't have an elite scorer then you'd better make up for it with an incredible D and goaltending. Our D is nowhere close to being that good.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
  #277
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Just watched the Ribiero goal and Josh Gorges was asleep on the play. If you're gonna be a shutdown d, then you gotta shutdown.

Yeah I said it!
All the team was pretty much asleep really... We all saw that. But why blame one of our only warrior ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
  #278
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Baaah, look at it the other way. 900MM gun.
To be honest, I'm not sure tanks are the way to go. We should go for one of the weapons seen at the 20s mark of the video below. I know a lot of people here are committed to the tank and won't like this idea however, so I expect to get flamed for this, but so be it.


Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
  #279
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
And what was up with Desharnais? Seems to me he got his chance as true #1 center tonight with Plekanec out. How did that workout for the team?

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
  #280
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,215
vCash: 500
I am watching the replay. During the Campoli penalty Subban got deked out of his shorts twice in a row..LOL. He looked like a tool on both plays.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:26 PM
  #281
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Even if Boston managed to win without a great center it doesn't negate that a strong pivot is important. Some clubs (Roy's Habs, the Bruins, Devils) win on mostly defense or physical play but most cup winning teams have elite scorers on them. If you don't have an elite scorer then you'd better make up for it with an incredible D and goaltending. Our D is nowhere close to being that good.
Our prospect pool D is near that I think (Near not there I said.)

Elite need's to be Center ? If you read correctly I did have a talk about Elite player..

But sure i would love to have Eric Staal on the team but still... I mean all the people talking about Carter .... If we go get a big C make it a real one.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
  #282
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
All the team was pretty much asleep really... We all saw that. But why blame one of our only warrior ?
Well we were down by only 1 goal at the time, and that goal seemed to destroy any chance we had to come back in the game.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:29 PM
  #283
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
we re not that far off.couple breaks our way and we re in it.just too much instability in the line up this year.hopefully we can stay healthier next season.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
  #284
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
And what was up with Desharnais? Seems to me he got his chance as true #1 center tonight with Plekanec out. How did that workout for the team?
Like I said.. overall team was bad. Heck, even our MVP wasnt good. (Weither its Max, Erik or Price they weren't.)
But you don't need to bash another player to show the importance of another one. I am with you on this one . I know Plek has been bashed alot since 2 months. But still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I am watching the replay. During the Campoli penalty Subban got deked out of his shorts twice in a row..LOL. He looked like a tool on both plays.
Like I said above . Bad game for everybody.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
  #285
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What do you think Halak could have gave us honestly? A legitimate 1st center by now? Eller is progressing nicely and will be a great 2nd center, capable of playing two way. Halak back then had a ONE good year and never played a REAL complete season as a 1st goalie(still hasn't reach that level btw). ALso a goalie never had that MUCH value in a trade. Do you think we could have get a player like Backes or anything close to that? Get real.

Your last sentence is exactly why this team has been miserable for many years. If a young player doesn't get 30 goals+ after his first 2 years in Montreal, he's nothing special or like you said, doesn't GET the love so you want him gone.
Lafleur took 3 years to get on track. You need to watch the team for 40 years to learn some patience.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
  #286
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
we re not that far off.couple breaks our way and we re in it.just too much instability in the line up this year.hopefully we can stay healthier next season.
Yep, this.
Imagine Boston without Chara for a whole year.(1st dman being.....Seidenberg??
Imagine Detroit without Lidstrom for a whole year.(Heck i dont want to see this )

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:33 PM
  #287
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Lafleur took 3 years to get on track. You need to watch the team for 40 years to learn some patience.
I've been watching for 10 years and i'm pretty patient myself

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
  #288
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
And what was up with Desharnais? Seems to me he got his chance as true #1 center tonight with Plekanec out. How did that workout for the team?
Hes been battling the flu for the past few games

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:44 PM
  #289
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Just watched the Ribiero goal and Josh Gorges was asleep on the play. If you're gonna be a shutdown d, then you gotta shutdown.

Yeah I said it!
You've waited a long time to see Gorges make a mistake so you can come here and prove your point huh?

Well, I hope you're happy, since your rant on him which was a couple of weeks ago, its his first blatant mistake. I don't even think it was a mistake, more like he lost sight of the puck for one moment.. and boom the puck was in the net but anyways, I don't think it matters that much since we rarely see that from Gorges.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:46 PM
  #290
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You've waited a long time to see Gorges make a mistake so you can come here and prove your point huh?

Well, I hope you're happy, since your rant on him which was a couple of weeks ago, its his first blatant mistake. I don't even think it was a mistake, more like he lost sight of the puck for one moment.. and boom the puck was in the net but anyways, I don't think it matters that much since we rarely see that from Gorges.
Oh ya I remember that rant

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
  #291
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You've waited a long time to see Gorges make a mistake so you can come here and prove your point huh?

Well, I hope you're happy, since your rant on him which was a couple of weeks ago, its his first blatant mistake. I don't even think it was a mistake, more like he lost sight of the puck for one moment.. and boom the puck was in the net but anyways, I don't think it matters that much since we rarely see that from Gorges.
If you really want me to come on here and point out every time Gorges makes a mistake, I'd probably get banned from this site. I noticed my opinion wasn't popular so I didn't continue to push it, unlike many others around here. But when your mistake can arguably cost the game, then I will point it out.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:57 PM
  #292
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
If you really want me to come on here and point out every time Gorges makes a mistake, I'd probably get banned from this site. I noticed my opinion wasn't popular so I didn't continue to push it, unlike many others around here. But when your mistake can arguably cost the game, then I will point it out.
You can do that.. but you won't do it often, because Gorges rarely makes blatant mistake like that, and then again, I don't think he made a mistake on that play.. but it was his man, so it was his responsibility. At least you're not blaming the goal on AK like someone else did.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:11 AM
  #293
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,027
vCash: 500
It was a bad game at a bad time but I really think the flu/virus had something to do with it too.

Guys, remember, it's a bad ****ing season. We're sellers who'll only make the playoffs if other teams SUCK MORE THAN US. That's literally the rest of the season. I'm not a tanker and want the team to win as much as possible but don't be fooled; this is an off, bad year.

The defense is inexperienced and it shows - blown leads; back-breaking, random goals against. The offense is decent but the PP is putrid. Goaltending is steady but unspectacular. The coaching is amateurish at times and it definitely shows. Team motivation is in the gutter. Everything could be better.

Just take it all in, stop trying to find a new person to blame after every loss and a new person to prep up after every win.

Our worst skater is probably Weber right now, or one of the Ka-Ca twins. Though I saw Campoli make some really good moves tonight.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:12 AM
  #294
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Even if Boston managed to win without a great center it doesn't negate that a strong pivot is important. Some clubs (Roy's Habs, the Bruins, Devils) win on mostly defense or physical play but most cup winning teams have elite scorers on them. If you don't have an elite scorer then you'd better make up for it with an incredible D and goaltending. Our D is nowhere close to being that good.
Patrice Bergeron, despite not being an elite scorer, probably has a bigger overall impact on a game than at least half of the players who puts up more points than him.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
  #295
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It was a bad game at a bad time but I really think the flu/virus had something to do with it too.

Guys, remember, it's a bad ****ing season. We're sellers who'll only make the playoffs if other teams SUCK MORE THAN US. That's literally the rest of the season. I'm not a tanker and want the team to win as much as possible but don't be fooled; this is an off, bad year.

The defense is inexperienced and it shows - blown leads; back-breaking, random goals against. The offense is decent but the PP is putrid. Goaltending is steady but unspectacular. The coaching is amateurish at times and it definitely shows. Team motivation is in the gutter. Everything could be better.

Just take it all in, stop trying to find a new person to blame after every loss and a new person to prep up after every win.

Our worst skater is probably Weber right now, or one of the Ka-Ca twins. Though I saw Campoli make some really good moves tonight.
You just reminded me of Dave Chapelle's Rick James skit. Cocaine is a helluva drug lol

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
  #296
SlipperyPete
Registered User
 
SlipperyPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
I missed the game so I can't really comment on it (it was my birthday, was out with friends, saw a bit of it on the tv at the bar) - but I saw the "highlights" including Ribeiro's 3-star performance. Can someone please remind me why he believes he has the right to stick it to the Habs franchise, or that Gainey has anything to apologize for? Since he left, the Habs have been to a conference final. Where has he led Dallas in that time?

He was traded because of his attitude, and it appears he hasn't learned a thing. For all of his points, I'm still not sorry to see him in another uniform. This is not a winner. Could we have received a better return in a trade? Sure. But I hope people don't believe that this guy would be a difference maker on our team just because he puts up a few points every season and scores a couple of goals every time he comes to town. Good riddance.

SlipperyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
  #297
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post
I missed the game so I can't really comment on it (it was my birthday, was out with friends, saw a bit of it on the tv at the bar) - but I saw the "highlights" including Ribeiro's 3-star performance. Can someone please remind me why he believes he has the right to stick it to the Habs franchise, or that Gainey has anything to apologize for? Since he left, the Habs have been to a conference final. Where has he led Dallas in that time?

He was traded because of his attitude, and it appears he hasn't learned a thing. For all of his points, I'm still not sorry to see him in another uniform. This is not a winner. Could we have received a better return in a trade? Sure. But I hope people don't believe that this guy would be a difference maker on our team just because he puts up a few points every season and scores a couple of goals every time he comes to town. Good riddance.
Western final's sadly.... In 08.

I agree with the rest.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:59 AM
  #298
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post


T34 for ya
but i don't want to draft a russian

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:37 AM
  #299
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
but i don't want to draft a russian
So you don't want to draft top3?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:58 AM
  #300
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It was a bad game at a bad time but I really think the flu/virus had something to do with it too.
I really don't care if White and Gomez are the only two that aren't sick, there is absolutely nothing that warrants them getting 17-18min each, including over 3min of PP time for Gomez. It's retarded.
Like seriously, enough with the excuses already. A lot of decisions are just flat out dumb, and it's been going for far too long to just be considered a random mistake.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.