HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs Lose !!!!!! (Tank the Tank-Gods!!!)

Old
02-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
What does pg trade
It won't matter we aren't getting **** for anything thats left. Other teams know this.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
Mr. Gauthier and Gainey. my wife wants to thank you for turning me off watching the habs play again ths year.
Me too

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Apparently the coaching staff just let the reporters know that 8 players were playing despite being affected by the virus that kept Plekanec from playing.

The guys from L'AntiChambre are having a field day with this

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Reasons were never good enough. And even if you want to believe that it was, next step is to try to sell them when their value is at the highest point possible. And for whoever would love to think that they HAD to go WHEN they left 'cause they were so cancerous to the rest of the team, well it's not true 'cause if they were THAT bad, they would have been traded by their new team. Or, if we found them that bad, it's mostly because we didn't have quality vets or coaching staff to make them understand how it worked, shut them up and make them work.
Same rookie mistake happened with Houle/Tremblay combo in the Roy's fiasco deal.

We have lost tremendous talents because of panic moves.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM
HCH

Quote:
Reasons were never good enough. And even if you want to believe that it was, next step is to try to sell them when their value is at the highest point possible. And for whoever would love to think that they HAD to go WHEN they left 'cause they were so cancerous to the rest of the team, well it's not true 'cause if they were THAT bad, they would have been traded by their new team. Or, if we found them that bad, it's mostly because we didn't have quality vets or coaching staff to make them understand how it worked, shut them up and make them work.
According to a lot reports, Ribs in on the trading block and has been for quite a while

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
But he was cocky...

In Montreal you wont win with cocky players.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Ribeiro was being nice to the fans, come on HF, don't make mountains out of mole-hills.

He loves the city, he's from here.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BayouHab

There are ways to celebrate goals against your old team in a classy way. Carlos Tevez scoring against West Ham when he left comes to mind. Ribs was a bit out of line. Really wasn't a reason for kicking his former team, is his hometown, when they were down.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Mike Ribeiro, what a classy guy. I don't get why the fans keep voting for him for the 1st star everytime he comes here.
It was his first game at the BC since he left montreal

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
So much fail in this team.

Everyone and their dog knew that we should've been the one getting the top prospect with Gomez. Gainey did the deal ass backwards.

And I agree with you about the "cancerous" players. If we would've instilled a strong presence in their development as players and human beings from the get-go. They would not have had an opportunity to become valueless cancers.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
BayouHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Ribeiro was being nice to the fans, come on HF, don't make mountains out of mole-hills.

I have to respectfully disagree.

Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Apparently the coaching staff just let the reporters know that 8 players were playing despite being affected by the virus that kept Plekanec from playing.

So does it mean they are still in the race for the 8th spot ? Or just another excuse to underperform and loose another home game ?

Old
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Yeah, okay. And I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blueinmtl

Quote:
Agreed my friend in Blue, it was a point to illustrate how absolutely insane the McDonagh trade was. The 'reasons' for the other players were awful and built up and overblown (well except Grabovsky who did skip the plane ride and is a dirty ****).

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

That just shows the lack of judgement in this organization.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Great. So now we have 2 good reasons for not making the playoffs. Markov's injury and team with the flu. Keep Gauthier and Cunneyworth. Have Markov back. And everybody on the Cold F-X next year and we'll win the Cup.
Next game's strategy: dump puck in corner, hit the D + lick their faces

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
How is Cunneyworth able to keep his cool? I'd be flipping chairs...
He's probably gone over the rage and is now at the part where he accepts that the team is just bad and there's just nothing you can do with it except send it out there and try to get them to play hard.

I really hope at some point, people come to understand this too. Chris Nilan said it best, people are expecting too much. We're a one-line team and we have a young defense. This team wasn't meant to compete for much.

I still don't understand the part where PG thought 2 minute-eaters on the blueline being replaced by 2 rookies was going to help us fight for a playoff spot this year.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
But he was cocky...

In Montreal you wont win with cocky players.
You won't win with gentle players neither...

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Note to self, take Gomez off of it
The problem isn't Gomez. The problem is the scheme that's too easy to defend and doesn't give good angles for point shots (reverse the point men, at least!)

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andros777

It's all part of the tank folks.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
BayouHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
He's probably gone over the rage and is now at the part where he accepts that the team is just bad and there's just nothing you can do with it except send it out there and try to get them to play hard.

I really hope at some point, people come to understand this too. Chris Nilan said it best, people are expecting too much. We're a one-line team and we have a young defense. This team wasn't meant to compete for much.

I still don't understand the part where PG thought 2 minute-eaters on the blueline being replaced by 2 rookies was going to help us fight for a playoff spot this year.
We have a young team with a core of very key injured players. I agree with you.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
According to a lot reports, Ribs in on the trading block and has been for quite a while
So Dallas was able to keep a guy who is so cancerous for how many years now? According to reality, he is still in Dallas. And if he'd be THAT cancerous like how bad Grabs, Lats, Ribs or SKost were supposed to be, he would have been shipped out for a 8th rounder in a 7 round-draft. He is not.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
Agreed my friend in Blue, it was a point to illustrate how absolutely insane the McDonagh trade was. The 'reasons' for the other players were awful and built up and overblown (well except Grabovsky who did skip the plane ride and is a dirty ****).
He skipped the plane ride because they were scratching him over insignificant players who didn't deserve to play over him.

Obviously frustrated because he wanted to play and help the team; he flew to see his agent. To get him to demand that if Grabovski isn't going to play in the NHL, to send him down and let him play in the AHL.

He might have handled it incorrectly (he was young, is passionate, loves playing and makes mistakes like any other human). But in no way was he a cancer for this. The team should have realized the fire inside of this guy along with his high skill level. He should not have been dealt but at least we did get value for him (unlike most of our panic trades). It was stupid to trade it for Lang but that Centennial season ruined us.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post

I would had like to keep Hamrlik and the Wiz as much as the next guy, but PG taught that Markov would be back, and he re-signed Gill.

With Markov, Spacek, Gill, Gorges, Subban and Weber, the two rookies would not had played that much.

I I don't want to excuse him but he had a salary cap to respect too, thanks to Gomez ....

Old
02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
when the kaberle trade was made i was giving it a chance and even was happy for it since i wanted the kaberle from toronto but now i see how bad it was.

PP is dead and we lost cap space for next season

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote