HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Borderlands 2 - Coming September 2012 !

Old
10-09-2012, 11:32 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 500
Any get the DLC? The Mechromancer is pretty sweet.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

http://kotaku.com/5950000/borderland...ium=socialflow

First piece of DLC out next Tuesday October 16.

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
http://kotaku.com/5950000/borderland...ium=socialflow

First piece of DLC out next Tuesday October 16.
Cue the whining that the DLC was just cut from the original game.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Mischa
Quirky and Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Cue the whining that the DLC was just cut from the original game.
I've seen people complain about that with the mechromancer already, but Gearbox has been constantly working and had shown prototypes of the mechromancer after the game released. I'm assuming the other DLC was unfinished before now too. It also seemed like they released mechromancer as soon as they could seeing it was a week early. Personally I think Borderlands 2 is worth the $100 for the game and four dlcs (not including mechromancer and creature slaughter dome). Apparently they will have even more DLC too possibly including more characters.

Mischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Simon View Post
I've seen people complain about that with the mechromancer already, but Gearbox has been constantly working and had shown prototypes of the mechromancer after the game released. I'm assuming the other DLC was unfinished before now too. It also seemed like they released mechromancer as soon as they could seeing it was a week early. Personally I think Borderlands 2 is worth the $100 for the game and four dlcs (not including mechromancer and creature slaughter dome). Apparently they will have even more DLC too possibly including more characters.
What people don't realize is that games are usually finished 2-3 months before the release. They do testing and mostly minor adjustments. They probably have been working on the first set of content since then.

I have no issues paying $100 for all of the content. If you subtract Moxxi's Underdome, the content that was released for the first game was outstanding.

I still wish they could figure out a way to fix item duping. That drives me nuts.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
whiplash

Quote:
What people don't realize is that games are usually finished 2-3 months before the release. They do testing and mostly minor adjustments. They probably have been working on the first set of content since then.

I have no issues paying $100 for all of the content. If you subtract Moxxi's Underdome, the content that was released for the first game was outstanding.

I still wish they could figure out a way to fix item duping. That drives me nuts.
Whoah, Underdome was one of the best pieces of content for the first game... My friends and I played that much more than we did the story expansions.
Unless you mean it should have been included in the original, that makes sense.

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:48 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

BL1 was definitely an example of good DLC. I didn't care for Underdome much but I could see how a lot of people would like it. The other DLC's were fantastic.

I still think I'm going to wait for a GOTY package for this game though. Got lots of other stuff to play.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
daveskirtun

Hit lvl 50, have a lvl 50 conference call and bee.

One-shotting everything isn't as fun as I thought it'd be.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

I've farmed the hell out of the Warrior and I can't get it to drop the CC.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:17 PM
daveskirtun

If anyone desperately wants the CC or Bee and doesn't care about the moral ramifications of duping, I don't mind helping out.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Page 2 , nope . Anyone else get the DLC, its fun so far, liking the new stuff like vehicle , different enemies, allies, stuff like chests are different etc. New music too.

Pretty sure there is a new raid boss also. Might be 2 i'm not sure.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 50
I have a Conference Call from my first playthrough. It's level 30 and does about 700 damage each pellet.

Not even useful anymore.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Gooch

I am still around level 23. I will play for like a 4-5 hour spurt or so and only gain one level. With vending machines sucking for this game and mob drops being nerfed and chests seemingly only offering freaking pistols it makes for long stretches of time using the same weapons and doing roughly the same damage. That is why I have largely become bored with this game.

For those who got through the first playthrough, is there a point in the game where it just starts being fun? Like will the interesting drops start at some point or will vending machines eventually get better?

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I am still around level 23. I will play for like a 4-5 hour spurt or so and only gain one level. With vending machines sucking for this game and mob drops being nerfed and chests seemingly only offering freaking pistols it makes for long stretches of time using the same weapons and doing roughly the same damage. That is why I have largely become bored with this game.

For those who got through the first playthrough, is there a point in the game where it just starts being fun? Like will the interesting drops start at some point or will vending machines eventually get better?
Well the main bosses drop really good loot even for playthrough 2 . Also what I did when I beat PT1 was farmed the last boss for awhile got good loot, then started PT2. It seems in PT2 the enemies are harder, thus getting better loot. Just get to PT2 and you will start to see better loot. Also the slots would pbly give you good enough loot if ur struggling

Old
10-17-2012, 01:28 PM
daveskirtun

Hope you guys enjoy the new raid bosses, Master Gee in particular *evil laughter*

Took me and 3 guys over 3 hours to beat him last night. All level 50. All having premium weapons, shields, relics, and class mods.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post

I can't speak for playthrough - I'm at level 27. But the way I've gotten all my good loot and vending machine things is by sneaking into the various cities ahead of time where the enemies are higher level than me - did this for lynchwood and opportunity mostly. The vending machines in these areas also sell higher level goods whereas the one in places like sanctuary always sells like 4-5 or more levels below. By doing this, I've been able to equip my sniper with rifles 25-50% more powerful then anything I find by following the normal playthrough.

Also, whenever you find a good area for looting, do that area frequently before you level up too much and it becomes crap. For me right now that area is Overlook. You got a boss (Henry) as well as 4 high level chests in the nearby area. Takes 2 minutes in a machine gun lite runner and you get to a bunch of easy xp/drops from the stalkers/threshers along the way. Then head over to opportunity to shop/kill high level guys and repeat until you got what you needed.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Well the main bosses drop really good loot even for playthrough 2 . Also what I did when I beat PT1 was farmed the last boss for awhile got good loot, then started PT2. It seems in PT2 the enemies are harder, thus getting better loot. Just get to PT2 and you will start to see better loot. Also the slots would pbly give you good enough loot if ur struggling
Oh, I have played the crap out of the slots, best I got was a random blue gun but that was after dumping almost all my money on it. I saw on the borderlands forums some of the breakdowns of the odds of it. I am not sure if they're true but the chances of getting an orange gun is something like .001%

Old
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Graves View Post
I can't speak for playthrough - I'm at level 27. But the way I've gotten all my good loot and vending machine things is by sneaking into the various cities ahead of time where the enemies are higher level than me - did this for lynchwood and opportunity mostly. The vending machines in these areas also sell higher level goods whereas the one in places like sanctuary always sells like 4-5 or more levels below. By doing this, I've been able to equip my sniper with rifles 25-50% more powerful then anything I find by following the normal playthrough.

Also, whenever you find a good area for looting, do that area frequently before you level up too much and it becomes crap. For me right now that area is Overlook. You got a boss (Henry) as well as 4 high level chests in the nearby area. Takes 2 minutes in a machine gun lite runner and you get to a bunch of easy xp/drops from the stalkers/threshers along the way. Then head over to opportunity to shop/kill high level guys and repeat until you got what you needed.
I thought if you go to areas early that they'll save to the level you first zone in as?

Old
10-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Seems ok. The guys in Lynchwood are still tough and I've been going there since level 18.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
mitch27

Thinking about getting this game. Only problem is none of my friends have it. Is it worth it if I'll just be playing solo?

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Mischa
Quirky and Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Thinking about getting this game. Only problem is none of my friends have it. Is it worth it if I'll just be playing solo?
IMO yes and invite them over and play splitscreen.
I've played it solo, online, and splitscreen. I even have a seperate character for each. I prefer splitscreen but my friends and I have to "settle" with online because of college.

Mischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
WinPC: W3WTT-WT3ZH-RTBJT-3JT3T-RXKTS PSN: 5BWBT-RX5ZB-FSBKB-SBWJT-CRBZ5 360: 5BWBT-RX5WF-BRFJF-KFTJT-CRBXF

GO

Old
10-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

Got to Hyperius the Invinvible, and it may just be impossible to solo this boss. It only drops seven seraph crystals, and is only able to be killed once per 24 hrs.

I really don't want to try this in a public match with all the ninja looters.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
daveskirtun

Quote:
Got to Hyperius the Invinvible, and it may just be impossible to solo this boss. It only drops seven seraph crystals, and is only able to be killed once per 24 hrs.

I really don't want to try this in a public match with all the ninja looters.
Hyperius is doable solo, but he is definitely a pain. Master Gee, unless you use the exploit, is significantly more difficult.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:45 AM
BeBen*

C3cjb-hb3zz-f33tb-btjjt-txkrf

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote