HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Them All Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2011, 11:46 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Fire Them All Thread!

Watching this debacle of a franchise more and more this season leads many of us to think there is no quick fix one firing can solve. A good housecleaning is needed.

Fire Priest.
Fire Howson.
Fire Arniel.
Fire Richards (the coach who runs the special teams)
Trade Mason.
Trade Vermette.
Waive Russell.
Send Clitsome to Springfield.
Sit Johnson in the press box.

This franchise is a rudderless ship adrift on choppy seas.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:48 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Yes, I'm pissed. No, this is not an overreation to yet another loss. This has been building for some time now.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:49 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

I support this. Fully.

It's a failure. Time to blow it up and start over.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:52 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 2250
The lack of NHL depth is appalling.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

I said so much in the Fire Arniel thread. FIRE ****ING EVERYONE!!!

And while the beer is partly to blame for this thought, it's only a small part. I, as a loyal fan, deserve better. Some of the players deserve a better fate. Some of them are better than this. And this is just ****ing ridiculous when a team like the Leafs has (seemingly) managed to turn it around despite having similar issues to us.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Dednimnepo
Winning is the Fun

What about a change of ownership?

IF you go to this level you need to move Nash as well. He is the face of this franchise. That would really shake things up.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:55 PM
CBJCougar

Just got home, haven't watched the game yet, but I take it we did not win....

Old
10-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Seedtype

Don't worry, I think this is gonna happen.
Unfortunately, not until the end of the year probably.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Dednimnepo
Winning is the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Yes, I'm pissed. No, this is not an overreation to yet another loss. This has been building for some time now.
I concur.

I didn't mind the lack of depth a few years ago but now, what the hell?

Old
10-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Mobil1fan

You forgot whomever's in charge of physical conditioning. Fire them into the sun.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Rebuilding for 11 years and absolutely nothing was ever built from it.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

You know what? We're all ****ing gluttons for punishment. At least I know I am. I am so sick and tired of the ******** that I'm seeing on my screen. But I love my boys. And I always have hope that something will change. And therefore I will always succumb to watching the ish that goes on during these games. One of these days maybe they'll put it all together. But I sincerely doubt it. Guys come to our team and they've always performed well on previous teams. And then it's suck city when they get here. Except Vinny. Our one bright and shining light among the sucky darkness.

I've almost had it. I tell myself that I don't want to tune in tomorrow night and that there's no point in hoping for the best. And yet I know that come tomorrow I'll be tuning into the chat like clockwork. Cause that's what I do. Sigh. Maybe next year.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

So curiously, how would drastic change affect the franchise overall and the status in Columbus? There's more to it than wins and losses.

Sure, we get the idea we're starting a clean slate, but what if that clean slate doesn't resolve anything?

It is easy to say changes need to be made when we're losing -- and in this case, I do agree changes need to be made -- but what changes? And how do we know they're right? And how do we know who to go to in order to fix them.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:12 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
So curiously, how would drastic change affect the franchise overall and the status in Columbus? There's more to it than wins and losses.

Sure, we get the idea we're starting a clean slate, but what if that clean slate doesn't resolve anything?

It is easy to say changes need to be made when we're losing -- and in this case, I do agree changes need to be made -- but what changes? And how do we know they're right? And how do we know who to go to in order to fix them.
That's why they keep score, keep stats, and keep balance sheets. Those things are pretty clear indicators of who is not getting the job done - and it's a longer list than I've posted.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:13 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post

I don't think we're that far off. We need to plug up the holes on defense and special teams. Once healthy, it deserves a good look.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:13 AM
St1ngr

I have reached a level of apathy I never thought I would reach with this team.

I'm from CBus and I love hockey. I remember back to middle school years (in the 80's) talking about how cool it would be if Columbus ever got a team.

I still remember watching the news in 1997 waiting to see if the arena tax levy would pass.

I still remember when the franchise was awarded. I still remember when the name "Blue Jackets" was announced....

I was there on opening night 2000.

The playoff year seemed like the good days had finally come. The stepping stone to deep playoff runs and lots of exciting games. Didn't bother me at all that we got swept in 4 because that year it was just about getting to the playoffs. Next year would be about advancing in the playoffs.

2009 was disappointing. But you know, some clubs take a step back, I was really excited for 2010.

2010 started promising, but fell apart.

And here we are..

It used to be that people around town were excited about the CBJ and talked about them a lot.
Then people started to get pissed and would ***** about the team when they struggled.

Now honestly, they aren't even brought up in casual conversation. No one cares. Bars around town (save the R Bar, GC, and BW3's) don't even show the games. you're more likely to see SEC football.

No one cares anymore. and I'm starting to feel that way myself. And it hurts me to feel so apathetic. But it just doesn't seem to matter.

The games just aren't any fun any more. It's not fun to be in a quiet dead arena.

Sports are supposed to be a fun escape from the grind of daily life. I don't care about being a die hard anymore. I don't care that I won't be able to say "I stuck with the team even when they sucked and I just didn't jump on a bandwagon". F it. If I want to make myself miserable there are a lot of cheaper ways to do it.

Before I had kids, I used to think about how awesome it would be to go with my son to games. We used to have season tickets, which I gave up last year. And I'm glad I'm not sitting on 30+ games at full price to watch a bunch of overpaid slugs float around and collect their paychecks.

Shame on you, Scott Howson. Not only have you put together a disaster of a team, but you wasted $62 million doing it, and you locked up all these underachievers to long term albatross deals.
Not only have you F'd our franchise this year, but your long term extensions will make it incredibly difficult to turn this team around for many years. No decent potential GM will come near this place because of the mess you have created. F you.

Shame on you, John P McConnell and Mike Priest. You allowed this to happen and you sit back while Rome burns.

Shame on you, Scott Arneil. Where is all your "scratch the veterans" bravado this year. You big pansy.

I officially give up.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Dednimnepo
Winning is the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Rebuilding for 11 years and absolutely nothing was ever built from it.
Throwing lumber, roofing and siding in a pile doesn't build a house.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:19 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post
Throwing lumber, roofing and siding in a pile doesn't build a house.
Blue Jackets have seemingly never had a blue PRINT.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Dednimnepo
Winning is the Fun

Quote:
Blue Jackets have seemingly never had a blue PRINT.
I believe Hitch had one. It was flawed but it was a plan.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

I was down in Kentucky over the weekend and got flat-out amazed when the dude working at Subway recognized my Jackets jacket. That's ****ing sad. I should not have to take a step back when someone out of state recognizes my team. Hell, I was at the doctor the other day seeing someone other than my normal GP. He told me that he was "sorry about my Jackets" and it floored me. And this was in ****ing Beavercreek, OH. It's ridiculous. This team sucks and the people that know about them know it. And more people don't know about them and that makes me so sad.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
That's why they keep score, keep stats, and keep balance sheets. Those things are pretty clear indicators of who is not getting the job done - and it's a longer list than I've posted.
So we can establish who isn't doing the job with that. But... How can we establish who CAN do the job? Scores and stats aren't the sole indicator.

Do we bring in an outsider who can guide us? If so, who would be a good candidate?

Old
10-30-2011, 12:33 AM
FANonymous

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE Rabble Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

Old
10-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Crede777
Deputized

I may agree with this sentiment, but that doesn't change the fact that ownership has just recently spent a LOT of money on these failures.

You can't just fire them and have their contracts disappear.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:39 AM
solomonsacct

It's like even the people who thrive on/prefer mindless positivism or cliche can't come up with anything. There really is nothing real or solidified to even build on or from. It's a complete disaster.

The captain is a great player but not a captain. Our work ethic guys are overpaid and thus stuck here for a long time. Our goalie went from winning about 2 months worth of games on his own -down the stretch in the toughest division in hockey at the time- to being the worst starting goalie in the NHL.

You know the rest.

It's just a shame. Here's to message board "this just sucks, man" fan solidarity.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:44 AM
sawchuk1971

sucks to be a blue jacket fan...

Closed Thread