HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

"Aww, that's Nash-ty." Nash Rumors Part V: McKenzie says down to Rangers/Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
That irks the crap out of me losing Miller.

That kid is going to be a very good player.

But getting the 2nd rounder would ease that irksome feeling.

grrr. I'd do that deal. Reluctantly.
I would much rather give up Miller because losing Kreider instead of Miller would irk the crap out of me even more.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Because he's in the NCAA not a teen league in Canada. NCAA eligibility is gone once a Pro contract is signed.

Kreider >>>>> every other prospect we have (save Erixon) And its not close.

Im high on Miller. Called the Miller pick before the draft. But he's not on Kreider's level.

This Boston **** is ****ing annoying. Kreider isn't ditching his drafting team because he's from the Boston area.
For once SM, I really and truly agree with you 100%.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:07 PM
nyrfan1026

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
how about this

Dubinsky, Kreider, Thomas and 1st round pick

for

Nash and Methot

Methot would add some grit on the defense...solid bottom pair dman
He's hurt, out for the year after taking a puck to the face just a few weeks ago.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Ola

I am not saying that I have a rationale for it, but I'll take JT Milller over Kreider.

JTM just got that aura...

Old
02-22-2012, 04:23 PM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am not saying that I have a rationale for it, but I'll take JT Milller over Kreider.

JTM just got that aura...
I have said it before and I will say it once again, JT Miller will be a PLAYER, he just has it in him.

Whereas in Chris Kreider I see the physical skills, not sure about the hockey sense, vision.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Synergy27

Anyone else get upset when the come to HF and are actually able to login? Wait, the site isn't crashed?! Nothing happened?! Damnit!!!

Old
02-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Jersey Girl

I just don't understand why people think we need Nash. We're doing just fine without him, and one of the reasons is because we are FINALLY seeing good draft picks matriculate to the big team and make contributions.

Now we want to trade away good young players AND guys who are on their way to the NHL AND a first round draft pick for a 65-70 point player with a $7.8 million cap hit for six more years AFTER this year? Doesn't make sense to me.

Kreider/Erixon/Miller/Del Zotto, etc.?

I say None of the Above

Evgeny Malkin? Let's talk.

Rick Nash? No way

Old
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Anyone else get upset when the come to HF and are actually able to login? Wait, the site isn't crashed?! Nothing happened?! Damnit!!!
Actually, I'm annoyed that it took a solid 4 pages before the OP came up with a decent pun for the thread title this time 'round.

I mean, c'mon Boyler - you're better than that, man!

Old
02-22-2012, 04:36 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I just don't understand why people think we need Nash. We're doing just fine without him, and one of the reasons is because we are FINALLY seeing good draft picks matriculate to the big team and make contributions.

Now we want to trade away good young players AND guys who are on their way to the NHL AND a first round draft pick for a 65-70 point player with a $7.8 million cap hit for six more years AFTER this year? Doesn't make sense to me.

Kreider/Erixon/Miller/Del Zotto, etc.?

I say None of the Above

Evgeny Malkin? Let's talk.

Rick Nash? No way
The Penguins who have a good but not great defense and a good but not great goalie exposed our offense yesterday. The Devils who have a good but not great defense and a good but not great goalie (anymore) exposed this offense. The Senators who are even worse in both categories exposed our offense. The Stars with someone who will probably be out of the league pretty soon facing one quality shot all game and their mediocre defense exposed our offense. We're not "doing just fine". We don't have enough firepower to compete with a team like Pittsburgh, with or without Crosby.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The Penguins who have a good but not great defense and a good but not great goalie exposed our offense yesterday. The Devils who have a good but not great defense and a good but not great goalie (anymore) exposed this offense. The Senators who are even worse in both categories exposed our offense. The Stars with someone
who will probably be out of the
league pretty soon facing one
quality shot all game and their
mediocre defense exposed our
offense. We're not "doing just
fine". We don't have enough
firepower to compete with a team
like Pittsburgh, with or without
Crosby.
This+ 1
Not sure if Nash or Carter is the answer but as good as the NYR team direction is at some point it needs to find an if not elite at least another solid pure 25-40 goal scorer that can play some assemblance of a 2 way game to boot .
Either that or NYR put all there eggs in their Prospects developing and if and when that happens .
Personally I feel as constructed this NYR team for all it does right and as tight as it is , is not a contender with the likes of
BOS / Van / DET who have much more balanced offense and more experienced D and goalies who have made a run .

Old
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
The Penguins who have a good but not great defense and a good but not great goalie exposed our offense yesterday. The Devils who have a good but not great defense and a good but not great goalie (anymore) exposed this offense. The Senators who are even worse in both categories exposed our offense. The Stars with someone who will probably be out of the league pretty soon facing one quality shot all game and their mediocre defense exposed our offense. We're not "doing just fine". We don't have enough firepower to compete with a team like Pittsburgh, with or without Crosby.
I guess I'm just going to have to disagree with your "we're not doing just fine" statement and leave it at that. Standings.

We can use another goal scorer, especially on the power play, but it doesn't have to be a guy who with a cap hit of $7.8 million per year for six more years, who isn't een a great goal scorer. There will be offensive guys with less onerous contracts available for a MUCH cheaper price.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
This+ 1
Not sure if Nash or Carter is the answer but as good as the NYR team direction is at some point it needs to find an if not elite at least another solid pure 25-40 goal scorer that can play some assemblance of a 2 way game to boot .
Either that or NYR put all there eggs in their Prospects developing and if and when that happens .
Personally I feel as constructed this NYR team for all it does right and as tight as it is , is not a contender with the likes of
BOS / Van / DET who have much more balanced offense and more experienced D and goalies who have made a run .
We seem to be on the same page mostly. I just don't see your fascination with the negative goal differential shootout kings that would be 14 points behind us if not for a skills competition. But that's for another thread.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
This thread is about Rick Nash--- not Kreider's commitment to the Rangers. Keep it that way.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I guess I'm just going to have to disagree with your "we're not doing just fine" statement and leave it at that.

We can use another goal scorer, especially on the power play, but it doesn't have to be a guy who with a cap hit of $7.8 million per year for six more years, who isn't een a great goal scorer. There will be offensive guys with less onerous contracts available for a MUCH cheaper price.
He's overpaid, but the guy has 2 seasons of fewer than 30 goals. 1 being his rookie year, another year he just missed with 27 goals in 75 games. He's a damn good goal scorer and had no one to work with.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
He's overpaid, but the guy has 2 seasons of fewer than 30 goals. 1 being his rookie year, another year he just missed with 27 goals in 75 games. He's a damn good goal scorer and had no one to work with.
He's overpaid. Ridiculously overpaid. Period.

Find someone cheaper in both assets and cap hit...Rick Nash is not the only player available at the trade deadline.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
This+ 1
That takes me back to the Dubinsky threads before the holidays. I think a lot of us assumed that he was going to provide that 20-25 goal secondary scoring. You have to wonder if the Nash discussion is even taking place if he could have just matched last year's output, nevermind step up his game.

Old
Dorado*

Quote:
We seem to be on the same page mostly. I just don't see your fascination with the negative goal differential shootout kings that would be 14 points behind us if not for a skills competition. But that's for another thread.
I understand the NJD win in shoot outs a lot this season .
They have some weapons and have been finding ways lately and as old and Fat as Fatso is he's proven time and again to be able to steal some series ( as well as lose some ) . NJD always scare me and their financial woes and wanting to retain ZP make them a sorta under dog for first time in awhile . I've noticed Fatso playing that card against us in interviews lately .
I also think as grounded as our group is their lack of players with decent hands or even more important players with ONE SHOT SCORING ABILITY ALA NASH IR CARTER IS A HUGE ACHILLES HEEL

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Find someone cheaper in both assets and cap hit.
Who fits that description but still produces like Nash?

02-22-2012, 04:55 PM
NikC

^agreed. We go to war.in the playoffs as is.we're leaning on Hank more times
than not. We've. Been a little spoiled with how good this young defense has been playing
But yesterday should show that.cracks will appear in post season.

Doesn't look like there's much out there as far as rentals. Wouldn't hurt if we got a little
tougher on the bottom six, but the.priority is more offense.
Sather doesn't overpay for Nash. No way. They take our deal or they go elsewhere.
Carter suits me just fine.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:56 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
mr. bobby ryan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...8vWxpNsCtivLYF

Old
02-22-2012, 04:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
What makes you think he would cost less in assets (if he was available)?

Old
02-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Haven't researched it, but I'm not the GM. Find someone who will be a UFA at the end of the season who will bust his butt for a new contract. That won't decimate the team.

If nobody fits the bill, don't make a trade. Don't decimate the team just because we're the only team that will trade for Nash's insane contract.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Brassard would not do well on a Torts team.

Brassard is very Wolski like in his approach to the game
I wont even comment on how dumb that trade is that guy proposed.
What is there 5 year olds on here. Trade deadline everybodey wants everyone traded. crazy.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
What makes you think he would cost less in assets (if he was available)?
because people don't consider him to be "elite" and he's the fourth best player on his team.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Zil

Has there been any actual news connecting the Rangers to Nash since that Dreger tweet a couple days ago?

Closed Thread