HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/23/12 "Don't Call Them Minny AKA Weiss All-Time Game Leader" - Wild VS Panthers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
  #326
AaronEkbald
2nd to last in goals
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
How pathetic is this our tv play by play guy is more worried about the Knocks and Jeremy Lin than the Panthers. Pathetic
Goldie's tweet during the Panthers game

Why must people trash Lin for his bad game. Give Heat credit for the defensive scouting and execution of gameplan. &Huge goal by bergy!!!
9:51pm - 23 Feb 12
He's a heat/knick fan..

Typical NYer living in Florida

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
  #327
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,520
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
It's true. Garrison and Kulikov will help, obviously but they will NOT solve the lack of scoring we have. When they were in the line up and healthy we still had issues scoring. Hate to say it but the offense is just BADLY struggling right now. I don't expect Garrison and Kulikov to come back and miraculously we go back to November form.

Obviously don't want Tallon to go out and pay some dumb price for a rental either. It's a bad situation, period.
But it seems like this year there aren't that many rentals, and more guys with years on their contracts remaining are available.

Like I said in the other thread, if guys like Brown, Stastny, Ribiero and others are available and we're not making a SERIOUS push at them, then I question what Tallon is doing with this team.

Yes, yes, I get it, we're still rebuilding, but if this team stays like this, I promise you we will slip down the standings and end up anywhere between 10th-15th. 2 good months of hockey will only carry you so far in a season. We've been bad for basically 3 months now.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
  #328
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 500
With 12 seconds left in OT, the worst team in the league when in the shootout (ainec) kills off the clock.

Why?

To quote the immortal philosopher Popeye, " I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more".

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:40 PM
  #329
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
He's a heat/knick fan..

Typical NYer living in Florida
But the Panthers are his job he should be more concerned with them then the Knicks.

PBPantherfan is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
  #330
AaronEkbald
2nd to last in goals
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
But the Panthers are his job he should be more concerned with them then the Knicks.
True. But his other job on the radio permits him to do so..

He saw the game go into a SO and like most of us lost tons of faith in our chances at winning it.

Since we can't score in shootouts.

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
  #331
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,726
vCash: 500
Absolutely pathetic. 1 point out of 8 on a homestand where we've done great all season in. I really don't understand what is going on with this team over the last few months, but mostly over the last two weeks. Even though they got 43 shots on goal, besides throughout most of the 2nd period, where was the firepower that we saw earlier in the season that should have been brought tonight?

I don't see Winnipeg holding onto the division as they've played 4 more games than us, but still I can't believe we let them come this far and overtake us in points. I really wouldn't be surprised if Tallon made a small deal over the weekend. Either way, before the game in Carolina, as I've been saying now for a week, something has to change whether it's through a trade or in the locker room. Even if we make the playoffs because of our great play earlier in the season, I see us easily getting swept unless we get that firepower back.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:48 PM
  #332
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 500
the panthers have finally accomplished the impossible feat of a 4 game streak!


PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:49 PM
  #333
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 500
Well, it only makes sense that we win 4 in a row now right?

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:52 PM
  #334
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
did the Jets just take the lead in the division?
Yes. I remember bringing up the jets not too long ago as a threat and was dismissed by a couple of people. "I'm not worried about them" was the thought if I recall. I'm not happy I was correct.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 10:54 PM
  #335
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Yes. I remember bringing up the jets not too long ago as a threat and was dismissed by a couple of people. "I'm not worried about them" was the thought if I recall. I'm not happy I was correct.
there two completely different teams on the road and at home. Any team in the conference (except the panthers apparently) would do just as well with an 8 game homestand.

They would collapse if they had an 8 game roadtrip.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 11:11 PM
  #336
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
there two completely different teams on the road and at home. Any team in the conference (except the panthers apparently) would do just as well with an 8 game homestand.

They would collapse if they had an 8 game roadtrip.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the jets won four out of five road games in the last month. Thats what put them ahead.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 11:39 PM
  #337
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Whomever runs the Panthers FB page needs to buy clue.

"Yay! Bergie scored an awesome goal!" Meanwhile, the Cats are watching their playoff hopes slip away. I *get* it's their job to promote the team, but I get real sick of the sunshine and rainbows when we're looking at over a decade of missing the playoffs.

Lola is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:16 AM
  #338
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Well, it only makes sense that we win 4 in a row now right?
3 in a row and then we choke on the fourth game.

That is.. if we start scoring.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:23 AM
  #339
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Win a ****ing game will ya.......

Panthers607 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:17 AM
  #340
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Yes. I remember bringing up the jets not too long ago as a threat and was dismissed by a couple of people. "I'm not worried about them" was the thought if I recall. I'm not happy I was correct.
they've still played 4 more games than us though. thats a potential of 8 points that they do not have available to them down the stretch that we do. and at this time of year, thats alot.

i thought we played better the last two games....thought we deserved a better fate. i think if we can get garrison, kulikov and sturm back healthy sooner rather than later, we're going to be OK. i look at the teams around us and they all look like they're in bigger disarray than we are. the leafs have two sieves in net. the caps are a disaster and really dont have any injuries aside from backstrom, who isn't due back anytime soon.

we'll see. it's gonna be a battle to the end. we still control our own destiny, with the 3rd seed or the 8th seed. just gotta start winning games again, i think we played reasonably well the last 2.

flapanthersfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 06:31 AM
  #341
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
they've still played 4 more games than us though. thats a potential of 8 points that they do not have available to them down the stretch that we do. and at this time of year, thats alot.

i thought we played better the last two games....thought we deserved a better fate. i think if we can get garrison, kulikov and sturm back healthy sooner rather than later, we're going to be OK. i look at the teams around us and they all look like they're in bigger disarray than we are. the leafs have two sieves in net. the caps are a disaster and really dont have any injuries aside from backstrom, who isn't due back anytime soon.

we'll see. it's gonna be a battle to the end. we still control our own destiny, with the 3rd seed or the 8th seed. just gotta start winning games again, i think we played reasonably well the last 2.
Solid post. It is glaring how much we miss kuli and gari as most shots from point completely missed the net generating little second chances. We clearly outplayed them tho, until the disaster we call the shoot out.

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 06:47 AM
  #342
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Absolutely pathetic. 1 point out of 8 on a homestand where we've done great all season in. I really don't understand what is going on with this team over the last few months, but mostly over the last two weeks. Even though they got 43 shots on goal, besides throughout most of the 2nd period, where was the firepower that we saw earlier in the season that should have been brought tonight?

I don't see Winnipeg holding onto the division as they've played 4 more games than us, but still I can't believe we let them come this far and overtake us in points. I really wouldn't be surprised if Tallon made a small deal over the weekend. Either way, before the game in Carolina, as I've been saying now for a week, something has to change whether it's through a trade or in the locker room. Even if we make the playoffs because of our great play earlier in the season, I see us easily getting swept unless we get that firepower back.
The problem with those 43 shots is nobody goes to the front of the net. This game and the Washington game both goalies were rebound machines but there is very few times any panthers are at the front of the net. I don't understand it. Every coach we've had talks about going to the net but they hardly ever do it.

PBPantherfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 07:27 AM
  #343
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,991
vCash: 500
We have the worst shooting % since the lockout.
http://hockeyanalysis.com/
scroll a bit down for chart.

43 shots on goal means nothing if the team lacks pure scores.

When a bunch of 3rd line grinders fill a team, the goals will be hard to come by when the F-W-V line struggles.

I don't want Tallon to go crazy and trade off a high ranking prospect, but, it will be a damn shame if we some how finish out of the top 8, again.

ShootIt is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 07:52 AM
  #344
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
The problem with those 43 shots is nobody goes to the front of the net. This game and the Washington game both goalies were rebound machines but there is very few times any panthers are at the front of the net. I don't understand it. Every coach we've had talks about going to the net but they hardly ever do it.
Kopescky, bergy skille. .. Only ones that do.

adam graves is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 08:03 AM
  #345
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 500
If Garrison returns Saturday, who's the healthy scratch? Ellerby or Strachan?

I'm guessing Strachan, haven't been impressed since he got that contract, to be honest.

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
  #346
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
If Garrison returns Saturday, who's the healthy scratch? Ellerby or Strachan?

I'm guessing Strachan, haven't been impressed since he got that contract, to be honest.
Hopefully Ellerby, Strachan has outplayed him.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 08:28 AM
  #347
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Time to PANIC

Haj is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:00 AM
  #348
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
No way in hell we lose this game.
Epic jinx..

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:09 AM
  #349
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Epic jinx..
Well if he can control wins or losses let me know il bring him to Vegas with me...


In other news Anderson out for weeks with cut hand.... Board freeking out...


Last edited by adam graves: 02-24-2012 at 09:25 AM.
adam graves is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
  #350
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Hopefully Ellerby, Strachan has outplayed him.
Based on TOI the last 2 games, I'll stick with Strachan. Ellerby played over 20 mins on Sunday and 16 yesterday. Strachan played around 13 in both.

Montsy14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.